Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub

Go down 
+5
Slicer51
NikeN
chien
pushslice
joshyo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Had the honor of crashing my friend's place in Modernland, jkt last week from tues - sun and had 2 rounds of golf at Imperial golf klub. A bit of side info, I have no handicap, but i think i play to about 22-26 according to some pro i had a game with before. Playing off white tees.

Imperial is a pretty swell place to play imo. On the first day we played; Wed, it was a little crowded even for a weekday but not rushed nonetheless. Im guessing caddies in Indonesia are a must as caddy fee is included in the green fees. Well of course u have to tip them after the round too. Most of the caddies there are quite experienced, a few can even help u to read lines. ( I totally suck at that so of course i need a caddy for that (: and to watch where my shots land..)

I must say that because im so used to playing in Singapore and JB without caddies, im always thinking on the go which club for my next shot etc, so I would say they came in handy for the more menial tasks such as filling my divots Laughing and the usual yardage and ball watching. Also partly because for the most part they did not understand what i was saying so i just relied on them for yardages.

I regret not taking photos, but due to the nature of slow play i didnt want to risk being chased by marshals. Pretty decent scenery, and there are houses built around the course. My friend told me that this house sitting about 150 yards forward of the teebox at Hole 6 kept having their widows destroyed by hookers What a Face Im more of a slicer than a hooker, so i didnt manage to get any balls into the house. Would've been an achievement for me ROFL [ you can see photos of the course on their website tho http://www.imperialklubgolf.com/ ]

Hole 12 being their signature hole also called "madonna". Narrow fairway with 2 hills surrounded with shallow bunkers guarding the green. Any shot to the left or right of the fairway and u'll likely find unfriendly lies. Other memorable holes are 4, 5, 9, and 18. Well one thing these other holes had in common was, well, my most feared; water hazards. Hole 4 was a 330 yards par 4. An island about 170 yards from the white tee and from there another 150 yards or so to the green. Or you can choose to go the round about way http://www.imperialklubgolf.com/hole_detail.asp?fuseaction=Hole_4_Tour.

Hole 5 was an island green about 130 yards from the white tee. Pretty forgiving hole as green was pretty big, so it was hard to miss. to make things interesting, there were sand bunkers around the green so if u overshot the green u'll still be safe from water, but in the bunker.

Number 18. Dog leg left, the dogleg was guarded by water on the left and to the front of the bend, lost 1 ball to the forward water hazard.. and the back of the green is surrounded with water precision is required on this hole as the water hazards are pretty tricky http://www.imperialklubgolf.com/hole_detail.asp?fuseaction=Hole_18_Detail

Well, this is my first review, so do let me know if u wanna know more about this wonderful place. I'm definitely coming back to play with my other friends hopefully.

P.S. All caddies there are ladies :3 some are quite pretty.. So if ur lucky ... (; [ the girlfriend got a little jealous when i stood at the back of the buggy with the caddy Razz so all the more there are no pictures!]
OT a bit, i've heard the caddies at Cengkareng golf club at Soewarno are real teasers, short skirts, pretty faces I HIT IT Its all what my friend says, never been there, so do ur own research ^^
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm

heard the cengkareng caddies leave their phone number on the score card Laughing

I'll be in Jakarta mid June. Anyone wanna have a game? I'm open to any course...haven't tried Royale or Imperial
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:25 pm

You didn't try the on course massage ??? That's one of the highlights too...

cheers

Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:11 pm

chien wrote:

cheers

Chien, what is on course massage?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:16 pm

pushslice wrote:
heard the cengkareng caddies leave their phone number on the score card

Bro, I usually ask them to write it down on my score card .. Now, it have been all automatic mode lol!
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:18 pm

kenkong79 wrote:
chien wrote:

cheers

Chien, what is on course massage?

Usually done in tee box and on the green area lol! .. No time when on the fairways
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Pushslice: ur friend actually called them afterward? :3

wah. so much i nvr hear before.

Chien: Serious? on course massage?? be more specific Very Happy

Guyss share more! First time im there in Indo and i was with my girl friends so no hanky panky w caddies. Dont wanna kena kick off course too la. haha!
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:54 pm

pushslice wrote:
heard the cengkareng caddies leave their phone number on the score card Laughing

I'll be in Jakarta mid June. Anyone wanna have a game? I'm open to any course...haven't tried Royale or Imperial

eeeerrrr....any chance of being there in Mid July??? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Bro, I usually ask them to write it down on my score card .. Now, it have been all automatic mode lol!

Always happened - yes!

and one also said to me she liked stiff shafts.... (and maybe midkick) Very Happy:D:D:D
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:59 pm

PS, mid June when? Week of 18 can?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Winston wrote:
pushslice wrote:

eeeerrrr....any chance of being there in Mid July??? Twisted Evil

Winston. Can your avatar be there too???

cheers
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:03 pm

I can play June 18 or 19.

No plans for July Winston, sorry.

I'm bringing a few bros to Bandung in Sept.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm

pushslice wrote:

hhhmmmmm...Sept sound good also....Any chance i can tag along?

Chien, you cover the cost, I bring her along Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Winston wrote:
pushslice wrote:

hhhmmmmm...Sept sound good also....Any chance i can tag along?

Chien, you cover the cost, I bring her along Twisted Evil

Winston, Done !

Just need Air Ticket.. Room, won't be an issue since ..... Twisted Evil So make sure u do it... lol!

Anyway, i'll most likely to start traveling again in July.. Will fix up some games if you are keen with a good buddy of mine...
Beer

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:51 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Always happened - yes!

and one also said to me she liked stiff shafts.... (and maybe midkick) Very Happy:D:D:D

I also over hear that she told you, she like long shafts too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:53 pm

pushslice wrote:

Why like that bro ? why not Surabaya ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:17 am

i'll be going back around end of June and probably would play around rancamaya, bogor raya, rainbow hills, gunung geulis and jagorawi. these are courses situated more towards Bogor rather than Jakarta.

If you're around at those time and interested do let me know, otherwise i'll be going solo.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:00 pm

pushslice wrote:

PS... okay then will plan for something...
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:12 pm

dmateo wrote:
i'll be going back around end of June and probably would play around rancamaya, bogor raya, rainbow hills, gunung geulis and jagorawi. these are courses situated more towards Bogor rather than Jakarta.

If you're around at those time and interested do let me know, otherwise i'll be going solo.. Very Happy
I am keen on Bogor area.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:37 pm

freedrop wrote:
dmateo wrote:

I am keen on Bogor area.

Bro, I did not know whether you knew from Ivan. Do join us in Bandung in July. We still short of one ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub   Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Indon - Karawaci - Imperial golf klub
Page 1 of 1