Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUERY on golf courses in Bali

Go down 
+8
renode
sywog
marlin74
slinger
wilkang
blee67
pushslice
scottycollector
12 posters
AuthorMessage
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

QUERY on golf courses in Bali Empty
PostSubject: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi guys,

I'm going to Bali in a few weeks time. Staying at Hotel Intercon.

Nearby golf courses are:
1. Amanusa,
2. Bali GCC,
3. Nusa Dua, and
4. the new Kuta course (not sure if this is open to walk-in visitors).

As i have only time to play at most 2 courses, do you guys have any recommendation on which ones i should go for? Would also appreciate any reviews / experiences that you guys have had at these courses.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:22 pm

we've got few threads on this bro, look it up with google inside the search functions

bali gcc = nusa dua

amanusa got course meh? = probably bali gcc

from where u will be staying, play Kuta and BGC they are the nearest. Nirwana if you willing to drive 1hr plus from Jimbaran to Tanah lot
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Bro, Bali GCC and Nusa Dua is the same course.

If you are staying at Nusa Dua, then the nearby ones will be Bali GCC and new Kuta course. Be prepared though, the new Kuta Course, as the name implied, is still new, so the trees are not matured and there is hardly any shades....

If you have time, try Nirwana. Very Nice course and it would take about an hour from Nusa Dua to get there (also depending on traffic jam)
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 pm

oh i see.

thanks a lot guys! much appreciated
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Yeah...Can forget about New kuta for the moment.

Nirwana Bali is a must try!!!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:54 pm

i hope to go back next year.......

nirwana is worth it......
Back to top Go down
marlin74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:43 am

If there is one course you could and should play in Bali its Nirwana. The travel time is really worth it. Beautiful maintained course and amazing signature holes and very knowledgeable caddies. I wouldn't miss it for the world. The other courses will seem second rate once you play at Nirwana.
Back to top Go down
sywog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:31 am

From Intercon at Jimbaran Bay it will take about 2 hours to Nirwana if you are teeing off in afternoon. The traffic is slow is Bali so give more time allowance. But the drive is worth the game.
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:56 am

Nirwana is a mesmerizing course, especially when you get to the holes beside the sea...

Finish the 18 holes before sunset then proceed to tanah lot to have cliffside seafood dinner while the sun sets... shiok..
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:24 am

CIMB World card gets to play Nirwana for free....
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:28 am

Btw I think most of the Bali courses charges USD? Got a friend went few years back told me quite ex.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:38 am

Maybe going there with wife family, hope to play a round at Nirwana.
Can know the charges and do they allow 1 ball?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:44 am

jimmychoo wrote:

I played alone twice Very Happy

Charges-wise not sure bro... coz I was paying local price despite my SG passport What a Face
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:49 am

jimmychoo wrote:

Pan Pacific has a Stay n Play package..... think less than US$200
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:50 am

jimmychoo wrote:
Jimmy, if I remember correctly, it should be about USD 160 - 180. That is the foreign overseas rate. Unless you can get somebody local to help you 'sign' in as local, then it will be cheaper.

Alternatively, you can get the CIMB card. You can play for free (I am not too sure whether you need to pay for caddy and buggy) there and also the new Kuta Course.
Back to top Go down
marlin74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:43 pm

With the CIMB card you will still need to pay for the buggy and caddy fees. There is also a booking limitation. I think you can book only 7 days before the intended game and not earlier. There is also no guarantee that you will get the slot you want as there is a limit to the number of card holders that can play per day.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:48 pm

My fren just got back from Bali couple of weeks back. He and his wife used the CIMB World card to book for Nirwana Golf Club. Played 2 rounds. He paid nothing, not even buggy or caddy fees. He only gave tips to the caddy

He thought that the course is not crowded (and in great shape!) and easy for him to get the tee time. Mininum 2 ball to play. How many CIMB card holders happen to be in Bali on the same day? go figure... Anyway, he called in advance to book and confirmed his tee time. Not that he flew to Bali only to be turned down at the club. This was his experience.

Guess only those who used this service in Nirwana Golf Club in Bali can confirm.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Look like there are 2 options here,

1) get a local guy to book for me so I pay as a local fee
2) find someone with the CIMB card and use his card to book for me

I think I will go for option 1. I will check with my contact in Bali. Thanks!

Swing
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi i just got back from bali

Nirwana is great. but very costly. i played on a sunday and it was super duper crowded. took almost 6hours to play 18 holes...The views are breathtaking and the layout of the entire course is great. the caddies are very knowledgeable as well.

As for new Kuta, whilst it is only 10min away from my hotel, it cannot compare to Nirwana. The course condition is not bad, but there's only 1 hole with a nice view. most holes are just dog leg left or dog leg right. no crossing of ravines etc, unlike Nirwana. the caddy is also not very good. can't read breaks and can't estimate distance well. overall, not worth playing there.

i booked through http://baligolfcourses.com/. it's cheaper that way. And if u'r playing on weekday, Nirwana golf course now has a promotional rate. u can go to the Nirwana website to check it out.

Forget about twilight golf in bali because the sun sets at about 6pm in Bali. so no way to finish 18 holes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUERY on golf courses in Bali   QUERY on golf courses in Bali I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUERY on golf courses in Bali
Page 1 of 1