Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello Golfers!!

Go down 
+7
anneyy
joshyo
itarc
enwee
Birdman
Technospaz
shafie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
shafie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 am

Hi reader,

I just started golf 5-6 months ago and recently played on my first 18-hole course in Batam. Haha... I guess most of us play there huh?

However, i do face a dilemma about golfing equipments hence, i got no clue which sets to buy. Haha... That's why im here in this forum!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 am

Welcome to the Golf Republic, Shafie!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 am

Hey Shafie, welcome.

Just ask if you have any questions, there are many willing to help a newbie.

Some may not remember, but we all came from the same place once.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:28 am

shafie wrote:
Hi reader,

I just started golf 5-6 months ago and recently played on my first 18-hole course in Batam. Haha... I guess most of us play there huh?

However, i do face a dilemma about golfing equipments hence, i got no clue which sets to buy. Haha... That's why im here in this forum!
get a second hand set. If not wait for sales get those last session set. Some of them are quite good deal.
Back to top Go down
itarc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Welcome!

I just joined this forum myself.

To contribute to this discussion, my experience is very similar to Shafie, started golf about 1 year ago. But i have since played quite a few times on the course, got my own golf set.

I know this topic has been discussed many times, but is it wise to get my equip fitted now? My irons are pretty ok, but my longer woods(3 wood, driver and even my hybrid), i find that i have to adjust my swing to it simply because i feel that they are too long for me.(i got Taylormade burner series). i asked again because i do not seems to find an answer to these questions:
1. what does fitted means for me? Will you suggest to cut the current length of the shaft? or change shaft totally?(needed for a beginner like me?)
2. Where do i get it done? If its just to cut the shaft? To change the shaft totally? I know that DGman is famous for clubfitting, will be great if he can shed some light to this.

I am thinking more in terms of, value for money and game improvement. At a stage when im still going for HCP, which will make more sense for me?
Back to top Go down
shafie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:21 pm

all the brands and the models for all the drivers, woods, irons and putters are way too many and change too rapidly...
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:48 am

Hi shafie. Firstly, welcome to GR!

Anw, on topic, I am also a beginner like you. Still training for my handicap. Everything I use is 2nd hand for now. I'm playing on Mizuno jpx800 4-PW got it at $600 2nd hand, my putter, a "seemore" is loaned to me from a friend. As for driver, I'm trying a few out. Mc gregor NVG (really old cub at least 4 years; draw bias), TM burner 2.0 TP model (fade bias) and I have a Mc Gregor M85T. Far east has some good deals for 2nd hand clubs.

If ur willing to blow some $$ the new RBz series from TM is catered to us beginners to mid handicappers I reckon. They have the TM CBs on sale as they are last seasons clubs. About 600 for a brand new set of TM CBs on nspros? Go to cathay TM to check out the clubs and test them. Hope it helps.

And yes, bfg Bukit Merah is the place to go for fitting Smile

Cheers!
Josh
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:00 am

joshyo wrote:
Hi shafie. Firstly, welcome to GR!

Anw, on topic, I am also a beginner like you. Still training for my handicap. Everything I use is 2nd hand for now. I'm playing on Mizuno jpx800 4-PW got it at $600 2nd hand, my putter, a "seemore" is loaned to me from a friend. As for driver, I'm trying a few out. Mc gregor NVG (really old cub at least 4 years; draw bias), TM burner 2.0 TP model (fade bias) and I have a Mc Gregor M85T. Far east has some good deals for 2nd hand clubs.

If ur willing to blow some $$ the new RBz series from TM is catered to us beginners to mid handicappers I reckon. They have the TM CBs on sale as they are last seasons clubs. About 600 for a brand new set of TM CBs on nspros? Go to cathay TM to check out the clubs and test them. Hope it helps.

And yes, bfg Bukit Merah is the place to go for fitting Smile

Cheers!
Josh

Wah beginner using a TM Burner 2.0 TP......u must be very good. Seemore putter......Zach Johnson.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:34 pm

My woods more solid than my irons.. Very scared to use long irons without tee LOL.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 pm

joshyo wrote:
My woods more solid than my irons.. Very scared to use long irons without tee LOL.
I also, seldom uses 5 and above. My 4 is almost brand new, since the day I got my hybrid.
Back to top Go down
anneyy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 am

hello, I am the newbie, meanwhile I am also a golf beginner here,,,,
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfglobalsale.com/
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:15 am

anneyy wrote:
hello, I am the newbie, meanwhile I am also a golf beginner here,,,,

welcome... enjoy your stay with us
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:16 am

shafie wrote:
Hi reader,

you can go down to fareast shopping center to look around... there are a lot of used golf club for you to pick up
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 am

itarc wrote:
Welcome!

To contribute to this discussion, my experience is very similar to Shafie, started golf about 1 year ago. But i have since played quite a few times on the course, got my own golf set.

I know this topic has been discussed many times, but is it wise to get my equip fitted now? My irons are pretty ok, but my longer woods(3 wood, driver and even my hybrid), i find that i have to adjust my swing to it simply because i feel that they are too long for me.(i got Taylormade burner series). i asked again because i do not seems to find an answer to these questions:
1. what does fitted means for me? Will you suggest to cut the current length of the shaft? or change shaft totally?(needed for a beginner like me?)
2. Where do i get it done? If its just to cut the shaft? To change the shaft totally? I know that DGman is famous for clubfitting, will be great if he can shed some light to this.

I am thinking more in terms of, value for money and game improvement. At a stage when im still going for HCP, which will make more sense for me?

i had been play golf for alomost 3 yrs since tis forum started, golf club currently you are using it now most important are you must be comfortable with it and able to works for you in all area. yes, i belive club fitting will sure help to improve your game better but you must also be consitantly in all area likes swing etc. personally i had not fitted my iron set, only changed after martket shaft on my driver and woods it help improve my drive distance with my swing speed.

i would advice is to stable your game first before moving on to do club fitting
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:50 pm

hardrock wrote:
itarc wrote:
Welcome!

i had been play golf for alomost 3 yrs since tis forum started, golf club currently you are using it now most important are you must be comfortable with it and able to works for you in all area. yes, i belive club fitting will sure help to improve your game better but you must also be consitantly in all area likes swing etc. personally i had not fitted my iron set, only changed after martket shaft on my driver and woods it help improve my drive distance with my swing speed.

i would advice is to stable your game first before moving on to do club fitting

Personally i agreed w bro hardrock. Wink
All these years of golfg, i m w stock equipments till lately was introduced to Sigma. Eyes openg on those technology n science. Wil i b ready fr all these custom club-fittg? Mayb i m prepare as my game has settle dwn bt still there s more room fr improvement. sunny queen
Bt the truth is, the search has no endg. cheers

Last edited by hkhamateur on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Sigma is a poisonous place.. the Miuras, R11s and many more kept pestering my poor wallet... chez
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:02 pm

how is batam. i reallly wish to go visit and play there. never been there before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Golfers!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Golfers!!   Hello Golfers!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Golfers!!
Page 1 of 1