Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese Brand Golf Equipment

Go down 
+7
Derek
NikeN
schnell
dmateo
TigaWood
enwee
kenahiro
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kenahiro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenahiro

Japanese Brand Golf Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wondering any good Japanese brand for beginners? I saw sets like Kasco/PRGR/Tourstage. And recommendation with decent price as well? Smile

Cheers
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 am

Mizuno can already. Depending on your budget. Tourstage and PRGR are very ex. Tourstage also more suitable for players with some experience. If your want, can always try callaway or taylormade j spec also quite good.
Back to top Go down
kenahiro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenahiro

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 am

How about Kasco? I saw full set with driver, iron.. etc and bag somemore. This brand ok?

PS: By the way, how to see taylormade, callaway Jap specs?

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 am

Kasco got no resale value.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
kenahiro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenahiro

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:52 am

seebayho wrote:

lol!

How about Gosen or Lynx? Can buy those and got resale value? Smile
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:57 am

I think the first advice is ok, go for mizuno first, I thin it's easier to swallow, then you can proceed to KGZ, Honma, S-yard, KASCO, MIURA, EPON etc.....

Unless you are sure you can handle them and you are comfortable with them, then if that is the case just go with whatever float your boat.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:23 am

kenahiro wrote:
seebayho wrote:

lol!

How about Gosen or Lynx? Can buy those and got resale value? Smile

At least Gosen and Lynx are cheaper than Kasco.
Yes, Mizuno is the safest bet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 am

@kenahiro i think you should go with something that you are comfortable with...look around for 2nd hand sets at far east shopping center or creative golf. alternatively...if you are looking at new sets mizzy or tm (nspro shafts) will suit you just well. other jap brands are harder to resell as most of them are acquired taste...my 2 cents worth Smile
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 am

Buy something cheap to start, then something u comfortable and luv to continue the journey.

Self learner for 2yrs+, my toysss: Katana -> used Nike cavity -> new Nike blade...hehe
Nike Golf
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 am

simple way to see, the Jspec for callaway and taylormade, normally they had some label on sticker with jap words on the shaft. IMHO, if you are serious into golf, don't buy those all in one set, because most of them do not have any resale value.

Jap brand, I think mizuno is reasonably good as for brand like Yamaha, PRGR, EPON, Miura, fourteen, S-yard not forgetting the super ex Honma, all these brands are not cheap. You are looking at a set around 2.5K just for iron set.

Kenahiro, go around and try out, see which is more comfortable for u.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:51 pm

kenahiro wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering any good Japanese brand for beginners? I saw sets like Kasco/PRGR/Tourstage. And recommendation with decent price as well? Smile

Cheers

Hi Kenahiro, when you say beginner, can I assume that you are a real beginner and picked up golf recently? (as compared to certain "Seasoned Beginners")

If yes, and you are looking to invest in equipment, then I would like to suggest the following from my personal experience

Looking at your WITB, I am assuming that someone passed you a used set?

If so, first focus should not be on buying a new set of irons, as your swing is developing, almost any kind of irons will do ... investment in irons makes more sense after you have a more consistent swing, so on to other clubs ...

Driver: Is it more than 5 years old? If yes, can considering getting a used newer model driver, recommended higher loft as well (10.5 and above). If within the last 5 years, I don't think you are going to see much difference.

Woods: Suggest not to buy any now, woods are quite expensive and in general take longer to learn to use

Hybrids: IMHO, a beginners BEST friend. If you do not have one, go get it. If your first hybrid, get 21 - 25 degree of loft. My vote for best deal right now is the TM Burner 08 Rescue selling at Golf Direct brand new for $99

Wedges: If your set has a PW, AW and SW, then no need to buy. If only up to PW, then just buy a used 54-58 degree sand wedge. Many options available for low prices. No need new model, in fact, older wedges with deeper grooves are said to perform better ... but for most amateur swing speeds, no difference. No point buying a 50-52 bladed wedge as an approach wedge cos the precision required to strike one reliable will be beyond most beginners

Putter: Don't buy new now, cos you are almost guaranteed to change it later. Pick up some cheap 2nd hand ones at FESC to see if you prefer blade syle or mallet style or whatever. Invest in a putting mat instead, develop a reliable putting stroke, then spend on a putter that suits your stroke.

To answer your question, in general, 1 cent of money = 1 cent of product, you pay for what you get. I am very impressed with PRGR Egg series for higher handicap players, but the clubs are stupidly expensive.

A lot also depends of the level of your game. If you have been playing for 3 months, have broken 90, have a swing speed 100mph and higher and have a realistic goal of becoming a scratch player in 1 year, then everything I have mentioned above does not apply to you.

If however you are part of the normal majority of amateur golfers, and you are currently still struggling to break 100, then perhaps now is not the time to invest in a new set that you may grow out of, or in a difficult advanced set that you may never grow into. That $800-900 would be much better spent on a 1-on-1 lesson package with a good Golf Professional that can tailor a program to meet your schedule and golfing needs.

My 2 cents. Beer
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:07 pm

BFG Bukit Merah have a set of fourteen irons TC510 #5 - PW with NS PRO 950 R

Owner is letting go at $500/set

Feel free to come down and view the set
Back to top Go down
skitter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
skitter

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Wah! That's a really good price for a set of really good irons.....
Back to top Go down
skitter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
skitter

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:19 pm

[/quote]

Hybrids: IMHO, a beginners BEST friend. If you do not have one, go get it. If your first hybrid, get 21 - 25 degree of loft. My vote for best deal right now is the TM Burner 08 Rescue selling at Golf Direct brand new for $99

[/quote]

I just gotta put the cleveland mashie on the table for consideration as well. For a beginner like myself, it has been the easiest hybrid to use. Replacing my 5 iron for the 26" mashie has been the best golfing equipment decision that I've ever made. Simply put, its effortless distance.

Think that Panwest was selling it at 2 for $199, and Golfdirect was selling them for $99. That price, for real miyazaki c.kua shaft, is a steal however you want to see it.

I'd highly recommend to any beginner starting out.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:21 pm

skitter wrote:
Wah! That's a really good price for a set of really good irons.....
Good price? But I see no takers... Sad
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Upz for Skitter,

I've tried the mashie as well, great club! And a steal at under $100
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

go for mizuno. reasonable price and has resale value. if you are thinking of selling your irons in the future, should consider those common brands like mizuno, yamaha or tourstage coz they will have resale value. as for kasco, not everyone knows that brand. i think u'll have difficulty selling it off later. just my opinions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kenahiro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenahiro

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:53 am

Wow.. Thanks guys for the info.

@schnell, Yah looking at 2nd hand set. Maybe iron and hybrid only.. Smile My friend giving his Mizuno driver and Putter. Smile Maybe can check out your recommendation in creative golf and far east. BFG Bukit Merah is also 2nd hand shop?

@Derek, I'm using my friend set now but want to buy my own. Thanks for the advise, maybe can go with TM 2nd hand iron, but need graphite cause I got back problem Sad
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 am

kenahiro wrote:

@schnell, Yah looking at 2nd hand set. Maybe iron and hybrid only.. Smile My friend giving his Mizuno driver and Putter. Smile Maybe can check out your recommendation in creative golf and far east. BFG Bukit Merah is also 2nd hand shop?

@Derek, I'm using my friend set now but want to buy my own. Thanks for the advise, maybe can go with TM 2nd hand iron, but need graphite cause I got back problem Sad
BFG bukit merah is not a second shop but rather a club fitting shop. But customers do leave their clubs there for sales.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:34 am

kenahiro wrote:

Hi Kenahiro,

There is a set of used King Cobra irons advertised at Proj 2nd Chance for $120 that may suit your needs.

If you have a chronic back problem, you might want to learn with this first and see if golf is the game for you.

Also, the $120 goes to charity.

Contact nrafee if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 am

frosTEE wrote:

Is it still available?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:34 am

zakevich wrote:
frosTEE wrote:

Is it still available?
I think still there. You call frostee
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Yes, it is still available.

We do have a couple of used driver heads and iron sets at Bukit Merah on consignment to sell by our customers.

Feel free to drop by if you are interested Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Brand Golf Equipment   Japanese Brand Golf Equipment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Brand Golf Equipment
Page 1 of 1