Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa

Go down 
+10
Duval_S
Technospaz
cjc81
hkhamateur
RngRover
Bangla123
TDO
Dan5
garylin
itdavidsg
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 am

Duval_S wrote:
I don have this problem coz I drive a very common car.

But if someone was to drive a very catchy car......my best suggestion is to not to be too loud...to be too howlian...to be always complaining...to be too vocal abt anything regardless at drop bag, or watever area other than tat...JB quite safe
Eh bro,

Did you forget the stolen car which was a Mitsubishi Colt at Ah Koon fisballl (I think near Permas Jaya area)? That is a small car and yet it got stolen. I believe it's the valuable stuffs that was exposed that attract attention for car thieves. pale
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 am

I guess using some common sense also helps. Don't park your car in a dark alley, don't leave your bags in plain view, don't attract attention by pretending to be part of the 2LiveCrew when you drive in etc. Keep it simple. No probs Smile
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:37 am

Duval_S wrote:

But if someone was to drive a very catchy car......my best suggestion is to not to be too loud...to be too howlian...to be always complaining...to be too vocal abt anything

regardless at drop bag, or watever area

other than tat...JB quite safe

Agreed, basically behave less like a disgusting Singaporean. Quote " Wah so cheap ,it's half price nia ..etc."
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:40 am

Quote :
TDO wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

But if someone was to drive a very catchy car......my best suggestion is to not to be too loud...to be too howlian...to be always complaining...to be too vocal abt anything regardless at drop bag, or watever area other than tat...JB quite safe
Eh bro,

Did you forget the stolen car which was a Mitsubishi Colt at Ah Koon fisballl (I think near Permas Jaya area)? That is a small car and yet it got stolen. I believe it's the valuable stuffs that was exposed that attract attention for car thieves. pale

yeap...that is why I will normally 'complain' about my lousy clubs where all good shots are used us...the moment I drop bag. I also keep my voice down and be extremely humble.... and treat all with respect and don ah chee ah chor with the local folks there. and I am sure all of us do.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 am

TDO wrote:
From public advice, when parking your car in JB, park it head in and turn the steering to one side to make it difficult for the truck to tow if they decide to steal your car. Smile Laughing

Hi Fred,thats what I do everytime I go in for golf or shopping with my family. But I had a big headache at the beginning of this year when my car could not start at all and the steering lock freezed with the wheels turned to the side. Very huge logistic problem as Malaysian tow truck can only tow your car to the middle of the Causeway and then to be picked up by the Singaporean tow truck. IN the end, I decided to just asked the Benz tow truck to tow it to the Malaysian Distributor and also had my Servicing done at the same time. What a big headache for me then. But this does not deter me from practicing this head in, turned wheel to one side thingy whenever I need to park in the whole of Malaysia.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 am

Hi David,

How's things with you? Yes, but my problem is I can advise but never follow own advice. Am looking forward to our next game. Meanwhile my boss is in town for the next 2 weeks so may not be able to play weekdays. Sad
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 am

simple, bring your own wheel clamp, steering lock and lastly if more kiasu, bring marine chain and chain up the whole car.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:15 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
cjc81 wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
Had a game last thurs w few grians. Smile
Flight mate met his friend during registratn, guessed wat. His friend drove a yellow Auston Martin DB9 Coupe n parked infrt of e club hse. Shocked
When we re done, probably his friend still out on e green. Last 2 holes probably n his ride there still! pirat

Absolutely bro.

By the way, am planning to have a game this Wednesday. Would you like to join us?

Aiyo...just cfm a game in starhill liao. Definately wld love to. Next week how? Read yr advice/comments on semi-blade or forged irons, glad tat u shared w them yr experience. Very Happy

And i was there too as a witness of that fantastic lovely sport car... Very Happy No worries, been to Palm Villa many time, so far no issue. pirat

OT abit...Enjoy your game guys.. looking forward for another game with you guys, unfortunately my work scheduled is very tight at the moment. Ongoing with internal auditing and come June... Pre Audit Inspection performed by FDA and other regulatory groups to determine the production of different products. This audit is done to convince the FDA we are ready and capable of producing the product. Head spinning time... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Yes. if you still have no balls to drive in with your car, just carry your own bag and take public transportation to the golf course.

Then it will be 200% safe!

But then again, be prepared with second hand balls.just in case you are afraid that.the caddies in Johor will steal your new balls.

Remember to bring your lousy clubs, the bag drop area may be tempted to steal one of your new clubs.

One more thing, don't put your floggings into the locker, the attendant may use the master key and steal your underwear.

Come to think about it, better not play in Malaysia.....
Back to top Go down
itdavidsg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
itdavidsg

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:10 am

Denmeister wrote:
Yes. if you still have no balls to drive in with your car, just carry your own bag and take public transportation to the golf course.

Then it will be 200% safe!

But then again, be prepared with second hand balls.just in case you are afraid that.the caddies in Johor will steal your new balls.

Remember to bring your lousy clubs, the bag drop area may be tempted to steal one of your new clubs.

One more thing, don't put your floggings into the locker, the attendant may use the master key and steal your underwear.

Come to think about it, better not play in Malaysia.....

Bro, cool down. I'm not against msia la. I also drive into msia often but is just that I always goto e same place. Just do some background check on other places only. I respect msian n ppl staying in msia!
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:32 am

Haha, Singaporean golfers are blessed to have Malaysia hospitality so close by. Without it I doubt there would be as many golfers in Sg as there are now, most might not even have had an opportunity to play on a course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa   Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is parking cars safe in Palm Villa
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2