Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cleveland CG black

Go down 
+29
iuh
Begbie
Happy Feet
allenthl
Afat
snagy23
haragolfer
sillytesky
cybermambo
raylowwl
nutty88
Derek
beehome
Groo111
slinger
eiji
mUAr_cHEe
blee67
aquaman
Technospaz
pocketace
stickman
element17
TigaWood
bogeyman72
golfool2009
youming
madmaru
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

cleveland CG black  Empty
PostSubject: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:25 pm

got my itchy hands on this baby and i love it :

overall weight :265g
shaft weight : 39g
shaft flex : s
swing weight : D2
sound : pleasantly loud

been to the greens and range all my shots are str8 ( previous S2 i slice like mad ) . smooth swing is the key , slow swing or miss hits ball still goes far .
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi, Juts got my left hand version from Pan West this afternoon. Test it at driving range. Like madmaru say, smooth swing is very important. I have try to force it, but the result not good. If smooth swing and hit the sweet point, it can go about 230m, (my normal swing by my R9 supertri just about 200m). It is easy and very light, but if you swing, you don't feel it is light. I like it. Waiting for next week on course.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 7:28 pm

welcome to the club ~~~~~
youming this club is smooth tempo increase the tempo u go really far and quite deadly str8

it's abit draw bias though
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi, Thanks. I was compare Callaway Razr Fit Driver and this black monster, but after read your comments, I confirm it. It is correct chioce. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:19 pm

How much is this driver going for? The online reviews are very positive.......
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:21 pm

How much is it selling @ Pan West? Any discount?
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:04 am

Hi, Madmaru, it is draw based. I have to be let myself relex swing, if you force it, more pull.

bogeyman, I have got it @$499.00 from Paragon shop. They have 6 set come in and I got the last one. If last week time, they offer 10% extra discount if using HSBC credr card, but the lefty set come late, discount period over. I have compare with online sale in US, their price is U$399.00. After convert currency and shipping cost, it become more better get it from local. Ih the old days I change my standard shaft to KJ Choi shaft (S, since my R9 Supertri sometime slice), but this direvr standard shaft (R) is quite easy and almost all in the same direction. Happy with it and waiting for next game.
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:32 am

youming yes u are right cannot force just relax . i just discover the good of the weight and the ez swing is for .... walking course . it's really tiring on a walking course esp when u reached the 18th hole , i am glade i do not have to swing hard just to make the drive on the last hole
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Have to agree with madmaru....this is the easiest club i've ever hit......easy to launch and impossible to slice....i would never have thought that hitting such a long (46in), whippy and light shaft could result in a draw / straight shot.....the only problem now is that i don't know where to aim since i'm so used to playing with a fade / slice.....but a few more practice sessions should take care of that.....

Uncles and little girls (or those who, like me, swing like little girls), this is the club for you....if you're having trouble getting your ball in the air, this is like a magic wand.....top it, heel it or toe it and it will still fly......I'm not sure that it'll cure all my driving problems but the lack of effort is its main attraction.....there are some that like to use the smallest head, with the heaviest, stiffest shaft in the belief that it will help them develop a better swing......yeah, that's not for me.....give me the most idiot proof, user friendly club out there......
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi, I have just test it yesterday at starhill with my friend. He change his driver (new R11) and my new CG black. Like you say, there is no any slice, but I have some problem is the ball flight too high. Tried put tee lower a bit looks better. The distance is confirmed again quite long and most draw / straight. Hope we can meet up someday to share the poins. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:31 pm

i tee it up like 1/4 ball above the top line off the head ..

golffool2009 i'm glade u found the driver works for u cheers

youming cool ~~~
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi, Thanks, will try at 1/4. I was all the way put at 1/2 high. Hope next game better.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:46 pm

madmaru wrote:
got my itchy hands on this baby and i love it :

overall weight :265g
shaft weight : 39g
shaft flex : s
swing weight : D2
sound : pleasantly loud

been to the greens and range all my shots are str8 ( previous S2 i slice like mad ) . smooth swing is the key , slow swing or miss hits ball still goes far .

I love this .....but cannot afford.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:52 pm

guys Taka sale CG black driver @ $499 they got the CG FW also but onli regular flex
Back to top Go down
element17
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:08 pm

hi, am looking for a 3 fw. any one has feedback on the CG black fw instead? thanks.
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi all,

How does it compare to the Cleveland XL 270 that was launch earlier than the CG black? Both have long shaft.

Appreciate your opinion for those that have tried the above 2 drivers cos the XL 270 (think it is $299?) is cheaper than the CG Black....

Cheers.... bounce Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:21 pm

stickman wrote:
Hi all,

How does it compare to the Cleveland XL 270 that was launch earlier than the CG black? Both have long shaft.

Appreciate your opinion for those that have tried the above 2 drivers cos the XL 270 (think it is $299?) is cheaper than the CG Black....

Cheers.... bounce Very Happy bounce

Black hits longer!
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:26 pm

When to Golf Direct to look see look see......
Haiz....ended buying the Cleveland Black 9*

Just tested on the range and it didn't disappoint me.
Hitting slightly longer than my former XL270.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Colin, Resistance is futile... Muah ah ah ah (evil laugh)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:47 pm

I saw Blee's club. It's longer and lighter, and he whacks it a mile and a half. Very nice but I think it's too light for me.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I saw Blee's club. It's longer and lighter, and he whacks it a mile and a half. Very nice but I think it's too light for me.

Someone have a XL290 9* stiff for sale, you are keen?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:50 pm

TigaWood wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Nah, my 9064LS has been my faithful friend for a while. I've not had a driver in my bag for so long.

That said, I do have a G20 and a 910D2 for sale Wink
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:51 pm

pocketace wrote:
Colin, Resistance is futile... Muah ah ah ah (evil laugh)

This will be with me for the next 3 years.................hopefully.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Technospaz wrote:
TigaWood wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Nah, my 9064LS has been my faithful friend for a while. I've not had a driver in my bag for so long.

That said, I do have a G20 and a 910D2 for sale Wink

It's good to be faithful.
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Time to update "what's in your bag"
Hee Hee.
Got chance to try out the 9*?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cleveland CG black    cleveland CG black  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cleveland CG black
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next