Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost - Golf Mojo

Go down 
+29
Denmeister
shorthitter
teegem
Ssquirrel
kian
buweeza
HyBriD
TheFocalPoint
duffader
zhenxua
golfool2009
nientsu
DGman
haragolfer
mloy
Technospaz
pushslice
wilkang
Duval_S
mUAr_cHEe
blee67
Gray
Winston
Slicer51
tronos
slinger
r510tp
eiji
asahi
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Recently found myself getting less motivated on course; to the extent of fewling frustrated, boiling over to anger.

e.g 1. shouted at slow play infront (6-7 on still take on sweet time to putt, with 2 flights waiting behind them),

2. Got ball stolen from a greenside bunker, no mood to play, only to cfm with front players after game in locker room that 1 joker indeed took my ball from the very same bunker. @&$?!

3. About to hit 2nd shot, auntie from adjacent shouted loud, "found my ball!".
Proceeded to shank. Affected, Gave up playing for that par-5. Recorded a 10.

All 3 example cited happened In 3 different games. I seem to hv lost my cool and golf mojo to play golf. What gives? Anyone with similar experience? How to get it back?
scratch

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Play with me in a game vs the Wealth Boys again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Were the stakes too high? Or were you expecting too much out of yourself during those games?

Whatever the case, it does seem that you've been receiving (or holding in) quite a few stressful events lately. Once our tolerances overflow, the outbursts erupt. I've been guilty of it and it surprised even myself when it happened!

Take some time, maybe a day or two of leave just to de-stress. Go do something you enjoy!

Be happy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 pm

he just miss his korean kimchi lah....
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Bro it's call love sick. nothing else matters. Do u also find lately that ur food is tasteless? Understand 1 and 2 (especially after u rip one down the middle and the ball is lost.!!!!) but 3??? Confirm something else
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:58 pm

slinger wrote:
he just miss his korean kimchi lah....

I agreed !
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 am

come up lah....I guarantee you will find your mojo....if not, i give up golf
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:52 am

Yes. Esp when i hit a sure shot down the center of the fairway. Everyone in the flight saw the shot but no one can find it. Kns.usually if play with good friends, they will just say drop the ball and pretend its the same ball.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:05 am

Come play OCC, got a lot of Koreans there playing now.

It does not replace your missing love life but hope it helps softened the pain... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:26 am

wah liew BO... APA INI?!?!?!!!

sounds like me during my game with capt and kian... all 3 incidents in 1 friggin game!!
and although it does not looks like it helps (but it actually does..) all the STRONG encouragements from your mates will just make u feel like giving it up....

do what i did....

get a broomstick putter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:02 am

Hi Asahi.......pretty shocked that you shared this. But to be honest, no surprise

As a social golfer, its typical that one will reach a certain state in anyones's golf.

Surprise as it might sound, for me being a 1.4 games per month chap, I do suffer at times. I cant tell you what to do but all I can is to share with you what I did:

Take the score away my mind. Try some fancy golf eg. 6iron onto green fm 100m.

The team betting is fun eg. the Bad Boys thingy which we launched but fell flat due to a certain 'real bad boys'. It helps to bring a different enthusiasm to the game.

of cos, playing only 1.4 games a month helps....every game is macam my final round in Augusta...I spent 2 hours the day before talking to my clubs and watching some last min footage of golf channel

but more importantly, if you start to play in your high 90s, call me....I play with you with decent $ wager....hahahah
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 am

Duval_S wrote:
but more importantly, if you start to play in your high 90s, call me....I play with you with decent $ wager....hahahah

and because u play in low 90s with your 1.4 games per month, he will not bleed so bad, right?

wow. i am really impressed. such a considerate friend.
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 am

Take a break from golf for a couple of weeks...and try something new.

Give yourself a mental break.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:34 am

wilkang wrote:
Take a break from golf for a couple of weeks...and try something new.

Give yourself a mental break.

Like playing tennis at my place every monday evening. My tennis circuit need talent infusion. Last time CCC and I saddamed Tourswing and stil lost 6-0, 6-0 Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:54 am

hm... monday evening tennis... sounds interesting... 2 hours?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am

It's diminishing marginal utility. You kinda max out your enjoyment of the game and you derive as much fun from it as you used to. As a result, you find yourself just going through the motions and getting upset much faster than before. It's normal.

Take a break from golf. A short one. It'll do you wonders Smile
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am

I had that fewling last Sunday when I played at OCC. Frustrated with my game and can't wait for the game to be over.

Saturday played so well at Ponderosa and Sunday play like %$#@%. I asked myself...is it I'm playing too much golf or am I getting bored playing at OCC? Anyway I have not given up hope and this Sunday I hope to prove that theory wrong.

Sometimes playing the same course over and over again can get boring, for me that is. So maybe once in a while try different courses.

Hang in there. However, should we play soon you still got to give me 5-5. lol!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 am

Buaya
Status
Management
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 am

Read this month golfasia article by some golf course designer, who says scores should be the like the 4th most important part of a game.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 am

haragolfer wrote:
Read this month golfasia article by some golf course designer, who says scores should be the like the 4th most important part of a game.

For some, strokes are the most important.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:10 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
hm... monday evening tennis... sounds interesting... 2 hours?
Yup.
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:12 am

Technospaz wrote:
Buaya
Status
Management

BULL
SHIT
MLOY

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Peace Peace Peace
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:15 am

wilkang wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Buaya
Status
Management

BULL
SHIT
MLOY

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Peace Peace Peace

And for those in the know...

Birdman
Shiok
Mloy

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 am

Oiiiii..... you all damn bad. Seriously, you guys are just lucky that you don't go through this phase.

And stop OTing lah. Poor Asahi is suffering. You guys are not helping. Razz
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:30 am

the only way not to OT here is to start a thread with a topic title other than the actual topic....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost - Golf Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost - Golf Mojo   Lost - Golf Mojo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost - Golf Mojo
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next