Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER

Go down 
+10
DRGjr72
KCL
TigaWood
TITW
scottycollector
golf_snowman
audi
Technospaz
ChrisD
alangolf
14 posters
AuthorMessage
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER Empty
PostSubject: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Just orderd. Was deciding between a SC and this. Hope I've made the right choice. Can't wait for it to arrive. Anyone else using TP Mills?

TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER Anvil1
TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER Anvil2

Last edited by alangolf on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Real soft putter. Got to put abit harder on most green in Singapore. Excellent for fast greens.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 pm

alangolf, next time use the IMG tags Smile

Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 pm

thanks Techno. Must be too excited.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:43 pm

nice putter. do u customise it?
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 pm

audi, nope. Just ordered a standard one at 33". I'm a non-golfer by the definition of the thread 'real golfers' Embarassed
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

very nice putter...how is the face look like ?...

would be very chio if can customise some nice paintfill...keke
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:54 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
very nice putter...how is the face look like ?...

would be very chio if can customise some nice paintfill...keke

TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER Anvil3

I believe the paintfill can be customise. They claim that every putter pass through the hands of David Mills (probably marketing). But I do get quick response to my query sent to them.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm

tm mills makes really nice putters. very similar to scotty in quality. although i prefer scotty becos of the variable weighting
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Been using a odyssey backstryke. So this putter is going to be so different. Wanted to be more traditional and have a backup putter... (just excuse for backside itchy). Will give a layman review after gaming it.
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Not sure whether it's the correct putter.. but this putter is advertised as $420 at Isetan sale.

See link:
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t23188p60-isetan-golf-sales-3-15-may#375743

Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:13 pm

alangolf wrote:
Just orderd. Was deciding between a SC and this. Hope I've made the right choice. Can't wait for it to arrive. Anyone else using TP Mills?

Feel wise they are about the same.
Resale value, definitely SC!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:21 pm

I have the TP Mills Huey putter. Nice soft feel.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:55 am

Tp Mills putters are some of the best out there in the market today. Very underrated. I have used many of their models both tour issued and OTR and have been impressed. Their tour issue stuff feels just as good as any of the tour issue Scotty's I have owned.

They have been around for quite some time and many of their original designs have been copied by the big boys.

Solid putters from a great company.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:02 am

TP mills do not sponsor players, i was told that even when Phil Mickelson wanted one, he had to wait in line and pay for it. its a great company and they design and make their own putters, except for a one-time licensed production which went very bad for the company and the brand.

Last year David Mills sent his buddy, also call David to Sg and he is a friend of a friend so we met up for dinner and i learned a lot about how they stick to the same design for the last 20 years cos its proven and not come up with a new design every year to sell more putters...thats a story i can buy.....also he was here as a mystery buyer checking up the local distributor who is not doing what its supposed to do.

i dont think you should buy a putter and think about resale value, you buy a putter cos you want to sink more putts.

if you want to look at putters made by SC himself, you probably have to look at putters before 1998. also if you have the chance go check out 4 putters - The Reason M100, M200, M300 and M400...they are probably the finest putters SC ever made and they do not carry his brand but only his name on the face.

Hope it helps..nice putter btw......

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:07 am

TITW wrote:
Not sure whether it's the correct putter.. but this putter is advertised as $420 at Isetan sale.

See link:

The advert is a mallet head. Looks like the same series. Think I bought US$300+ from their website. Check out there first and they're very responsive to email queries. Nice pakaging but delivery took slightly longer than other orders I made from onling golf shops.

Has been gaming for awhile. It didn't do wonders for me but I reckon it's the putterer's fault. Worth the buy from constuction and aesthetic point of view. Good balance putter. Good looking. Quality headscover and grip. Black paint work didn't come off even though it's been used a fair bit. Different stroke for different folks. Worth a try.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:27 am

This made it to my X'mas wishlist... hope Santa will grant me my wish this X'mas..... Embarassed

alangolf wrote:
TITW wrote:

See link:

The advert is a mallet head. Looks like the same series. Think I bought US$300+ from their website. Check out there first and they're very responsive to email queries. Nice pakaging but delivery took slightly longer than other orders I made from onling golf shops.

Has been gaming for awhile. It didn't do wonders for me but I reckon it's the putterer's fault. Worth the buy from constuction and aesthetic point of view. Good balance putter. Good looking. Quality headscover and grip. Black paint work didn't come off even though it's been used a fair bit. Different stroke for different folks. Worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Neverendless
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:05 am

Very nice looking putter! The website does shipping to sg? What's the shipping cost?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:09 am

Neverendless wrote:
Very nice looking putter! The website does shipping to sg? What's the shipping cost?
U can go on TP mills website. Shipping should be abt US$40
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER   TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TP MILLS - ANVIL PUTTER
Page 1 of 1