Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.

Go down 
+5
Kopi Towkay
Lamts18
ironfist
eiji
S70B
9 posters
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 6:57 am

Stopped by the local EW for a shaft extension and grip change and started chatting with 1 of the guys there. Found out he happened to be one of the Nike R & D Department staff based in Oregon who was actually stopping by to say hello to his old friends in Florida.

Got to chatting with him and asking him about Nike's equipment for 2010. He explained to me what Nike had in store. It was a pretty good eye-opener on all the tech stuff behind all their new gear.

He then went to his car and grabbed a few of his prototypes.

Had a 1st hand view of the 2010 conforming V-Rev wedges. Was told I wasn't allowed to take pictures as they are going to be launched in June. They were black satin much like the new Mizzy wedges and sat nicely. Design-wise, pretty good. Saw the 52, 56 and 60.
They all had grinds similar to Vokey's M or V grind. Guess they are the next company to offer these options after Mizuno and Callaway followed suit from Titleist.

He also handed me their prototype Nike Method M4 putter and asked me to roll a few. This time, I was allowed photos as the retail model (which will be launched in Feb 2010) will be slightly different from these prototypes. This one was similar to the one Paul Casey and Charles Schwartzel use.

The noticeable thing about them was how flat the face of the putter was. He explained that the Method was unlike any putter that has been manufactured.

- It was actually cut from the bottom of the sole much like a sound slot but cleared out behind the putter face.

- The insert was injected and poured into the hole.

- It was then later milled off. the insert now sat underneath the metal, not like odyssey which has it protruding.

- After that, mini grooves were cut in all the bottom of the horizontal lines. This groove is now the one that acts to 'lift' the ball during the putt.

- Because of this face technology, they can now design their putter lofts to be 2* instead of the traditional 4* on most.

Here are the pics. Forgive me as I only had my iPhone with me:

Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4back
Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4face
Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4face2
Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4sole
Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4grip
Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4top
Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4headcover
Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4headcovertop
Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. M4headcoverback

The feel was very interesting. There wasn't a feeling of an insert at all. It sounded and felt clicky like metal, very much like my Scotty Cameron. What's interesting was despite how flat the putter face was without loft, the putts did not veer off-line. They rolled very true and distance control was superb. I tried out a few 10-15 footers and they were holed nicely or speed was easy to judge.

He told me that their MSRP will be USD$250. There will be 4 models. I was more interested in their M1 which was a plumber's neck but the joint at the neck was similar to their Tiempo.

He told me that the new soon-to-be-released VR drivers are going to be released in March. They are geared for the avg to low handicapper. If u google, you will see their pictures online.

Very exciting year for Nike in 2010 I must say. I might try out the VR Driver just for fun but these putters are very tempting and nice to begin with.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:26 am

very nice
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:40 am

incredible. both the review, and the putter. i can't wait for more. Smile nice to know we've got our own golfspy out there. haha oh but their new machspeed driver looks hideous though..
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:40 am

Nice hands !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Rex, thanks for taking the time and posting. Interesting for sure. I'm not a big fan of the 3 sight lines (prefer just 1 or a sight dot) and the top rail looks a bit thick for my liking but if it works, what the heck eh?

PS: buy a new watch band!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:48 pm

No probs KT.

Now now, ask yourself what is more important: another Scotty Cameron or a watch strap? Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:55 pm

S70B wrote:
No probs KT.

Now now, ask yourself what is more important: another Scotty Cameron or a watch strap? Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. Icon_lol

I'll bet there's an SC watch band somewhere that someone has. Never seen one but some wild things come out of that studio for sure.

I stopped into Fairway golf last week in San Diego hoping to see the new SC California line but not in yet.

Give us a shout when you see them in the stores ok?

Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Sure thing mate.

The California series is slated to be released 15th Dec here in the US.

I'm missing Phil's BBQ at Sports Arena Blvd already. Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Sure does look nice. But I think that every golfer will view different putters differently. In my mind, I'm not convinced with technology until I've tried it. I've had to learn the hard way.
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 6:51 pm

I have been researching on this putter. Think the confirmed design is out and on the nikegolf website?

Really very nice but the technology that it boasts, half of which i don't really understand what it is. Haha. Can't wait to test it out. Any idea when it will be out in Singapore?

ZiAn
Back to top Go down
eswing
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:55 pm

think it's the same putter paul casey showed in his WITB video. the video is about 2 months+ old

the part that he reduced the loft so as to get more offset for his wedges is interesting...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Anyone getting the limited edition METHOD? Launching in 10hrs...

At 5 bones, even some Scotty Camerons are not worth this much:

Here's their website:

http://www.nike.com/nikegolf/methodputter/
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:21 pm

S70B wrote:

- Because of this face technology, they can now design their putter lofts to be 2* instead of the traditional 4* on most.

This 2* loft thing seems to be catching on, Rife's been doing it with their putters and I think YES does it too. It's the grooves cut into the face gripping the ball on contact that allows the lowering of the lofts I believe.

Nice job on the insight S70B. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:32 pm

$5k?

Crazy.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:35 pm

500 la. Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. Icon_razz

The diff is that it will be customised to your specs.

But IF I get it, the retail version is just fine at prob half the price.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:38 pm

S70B wrote:
500 la. Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. Icon_razz

The diff is that it will be customised to your specs.

But IF I get it, the retail version is just fine at prob half the price.

That makes it more palatable but still not ideal for me.

My Yes! Abbie and I have a thing going Smile
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:34 pm

wah.. it's gonna be out in the market for 250 USD? that's not too bad..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.   Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.
Page 1 of 1