Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver

Go down 
+6
S70B
mengteck71
bkll
TheFocalPoint
TigaWood
garylin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver Empty
PostSubject: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 am

Hi all,

Been waiting for today to demo TM's new RBZ drivers, FWs and R11s Driver. Finally got my hands on the RBZ and RBZ tour drivers. Thought I'll give a bit of my thoughts on the clubs...

Abit of background on myself: I'm a 22 handicapper, usually playing 90-96 off the white tee. Swing speed for driver is around 90-100. Currently, using the Burner 2009 driver on stock stiff shaft and drive around 200-230m. Used to use the R11 on stock fujikura stiff shaft. Bombed a couple of 250m drives.. but the bad shots on the driver gave me alot of OBs and water.. so i ditched it and went back to my trusty Burner 09. Been looking for something to replace it since....

TM RBZ Tour Driver: Tried this driver without any warm up whatsoever. Was trying the 9* HD6 stiff shaft. I couldnt hit it up. (prolly due to my slow swing speed and I was afraid to swing at it from an elevated platform in MBGC). Shots were a low fade and I couldnt achieve the desired launch out of it. Though they say the club face is deep, I couldnt really tell the difference when taking a quick glance. Overall I was probably only hitting 150m carry with this guy.. Think Im not pro enough..

TM RBZ Driver: Tried this in 9.5* Asian spec stiff (Mitsubishi Rayon shaft). Much easier to hit. The feel and sound off the face was much nicer.. In fact, I prefer this to my R11. I dunno why alot of pple say its harsh and loud.. I hit much better shots with this guy - given my controlled swing while demoing.. Averaged a 180m - 200m (with elevated platform)..

Wanted to try this on the US spec version.... But the TM personnel gave me a 10.5* regular X-con 5 shaft. Shape about the same as the Asian version just that the Asian version had more of a whip to it (which I prefer due to my slow ss). Distance about the same.

R11S: I really wanted to try this. But i heard someone others hit it.. the sound i really cannot stand.. so never try in the end.

TM RBZ FW: No chance to try.. Will update again if i get to try it on the next demo day next week.

Overall, I'm kinda impressed by the RBZ driver (mainly cos I was expected shitty sound and harsh feel but in the end was much to my liking)..

On a sidenote.. I'm quite disappointed with the staff at TM's demo today.. Last time when I went for Titleist's demo day, the staff were very friendly and recommended all kinds of shafts for me to try before telling me which one suits me best... Today.. the TM guy dont even wanna change the shaft for me.. just conveniently hand me a 10.5 with US R shaft..(so hard to compare since the loft is already different) and the balls all keep behind.. everytime u hit 2 ball u gotta go grab some balls behind the staff and try again.. The staff all stand there look at you like machiam you wasting their time... So in the end I too paiseh, cant really try..

In the end, the rest of my TM clubs might see a strange D2 or ZL Encore amongst them... thumbs down Taylormade.. Hopefully at the next demo, will meet with more friendly staff at JCC...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 am

There was a RBZ driver and 3W for sale at creative golf today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 am

seebayho wrote:
There was a RBZ driver and 3W for sale at creative golf today.

thanks bro, wheres creative golf at ?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:02 am

Chinatown , Kreta Ayer

http://www.creativegolf.net/main.asp
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 am

Address

http://www.creativegolf.net/main.asp
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 am

If you're averaging 200-230m on your Burner 09, stick to it. Pretty good for a 22 handicapper.. Smile
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 am

Agree that Titleist demo staff much more professional than TM in Singapore
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:55 am

sbh: thanks for the add! will check it out if time permits this weekend..

tfp: usually 200m.. if got help from wind/roll then can hit 230m.. kakis wanto play blue tee i cham leh.. right now using 10.5.. hitting pretty high on most shots.. hoping to change to a 9.5 to help with the distance..
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Try 8.5 Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Simple -

Titleist staff are trying to make u a better player so they take time to find out what suits u from their stock.

TM staff are trying to move stock so the next 'great' fandangled crap can be launched by Nov.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 pm

S70B wrote:
Simple -

Titleist staff are trying to make u a better player so they take time to find out what suits u from their stock.

TM staff are trying to move stock so the next 'great' fandangled crap can be launched by Nov.

Where's the Like button. I want to spam it for your answer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

eiji wrote:
S70B wrote:
Simple -

Where's the Like button. I want to spam it for your answer.

eiji, u can do something like this :

LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !! LIKE !!
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 pm

I empathized with you, GaryLin.

In my country, there are some Golf sales staff who doesn't seem to care about each & every client. But would just react and judged you based on what they see on you.

if they see a short & skinny guy, they would give R flex

if they see a Big Tall Guy, they would give a stiff flex.

I wished all Golf Equipment Marketing managers would read this thread and "re-educate theyr staff" to becoming a More Customer oriented.

if you step into the head office of TaylorMade USA in SoCal.

You would be impressed at the people over there and would make you a TaylorMade fan.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Yup,

I wun say every TM staff in the world is like dat.

Step into any demo day held in US w equal contribution from each of the brand names and u will see that every one of them are as objective and customer-oriented as can be. Heck u r even free to compare ur current driver w their stock w no objection.

Its jus a sad fact of reality that that's the way it is in Sg. Service stds takes a back seat no matter how we like to think we r '1st World'.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:06 pm

I was on TM staff in the US before exiting the golf industry. In order to have a staff professional we needed to purchase X amount of dollars in goods/apparel for the year. For that I was a full staff member with really good perks. They took really good care of me, actually as good if not better than any other company I was on with. With that being said, I never was forced to sell a TM product, nor would I, if I it did not benefit my clients.

As a professional I always tried to keep myself above reproach. That meant fitting my clients for whatever best fit their game. It did not matter if it was Titleist, TM, Cally, Nike, Cleveland, Mizuno, or whatever. My job as a professional was to make them better and enjoy the game more. The last thing I want is some guy coming in next week saying that this driver is crap and you just pushed it because you are on the TM payroll.

If I fit someone and the TM product was as good for them as any other product, then why would I not push it? But if it was not a good fit for them, then pushing that would make me a fool and longterm it would not benefit me.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:51 pm

yep. sad to say Sg standards really not up to par. Friend from the states tells me that over there, you can even bring the club out for a round or two before deciding whether to buy or not..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver   Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demo-ed the Taylormade RBZ and RBZ tour driver
Page 1 of 1