Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Continuous adjustment of lie angle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
supermaninunder
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
supermaninunder

Continuous adjustment of lie angle  Empty
PostSubject: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 am

Hi, would like to know if the continuous adjustment of the lie angle for irons would compromise the material structure of the clubhead?

The more often we bend or adjust the lie angle, the weaker the structure would become and the more vulnerable it would be to deviate from our original lie angle when put under constant impact (many practice sessions at the range etc..)

Is that true? So we shouldnt be adjusting our lie angles so frequently? (i.e. don't tweak your swing too much?)
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:47 am

I guess it willl....just like many things in life....the more you screw..bend...eventually something will give way

for me....I don adjust my lie....I adjust my swing...and resulting in my current horrific golf
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 am

if u need to adjust your lie angle often, that means you have many problems and probably go back and start from the basics again.
Back to top Go down
supermaninunder
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
supermaninunder

PostSubject: Re: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:48 am

hmm.. true. so i guess many don't really adjust their lie angles too many times.
just wondering.. whats the limit for bending before the material becomes really cui.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:53 am

my understanding is that within 1 to 3 degrees it is ok... many many times... also no problem..

but if like 4 or 6 degree variance... it might be pushing abit...
Back to top Go down
supermaninunder
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
supermaninunder

PostSubject: Re: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:46 pm

i see.. thanks very much MC! Smile
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 pm

also depends on whether ur irons are cast or forged

cast irons are more resistant to bending. forged irons and softer and so are more malleable
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:12 pm

How much do you practice and play ? if you practice and play everyday hitting more than 500 ball a day . i will say you will have to adjust the lie not because of the swing ,but because the lie will change . i rectify my lie to the normal setting when i buy them every 3-5 month depending on the in-depth practice i done .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuous adjustment of lie angle    Continuous adjustment of lie angle  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuous adjustment of lie angle
Page 1 of 1