Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HSBC Womens Championship

Go down 
+40
Winston
asahi
DGman
Kenneth
hkhamateur
eiji
icorpion
musashi75
Kengnam
Duval_S
alvin7379
shimizu.toruk
JohnBGLee
wilier izoard
Aloyboy
nrafee
wiseuu
haragolfer
gezt_ho
hillgreen
golftortoise
bkll
Loudmouth
Joshua
Tituman
Slicer51
mUAr_cHEe
Turbo
pushslice
duffader
guy013
mloy
mox
scarynight
Technospaz
nientsu
p3nboy
markdylan
TheFocalPoint
punkrockpga
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:26 am

I think this was a competition of experience vs. skill, and I believe the former won. Well done, Angela. You were pretty awesome and you deserved the win! Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 am

Quote :
cos she got a Hole-in-one at the 8th during her practice round on Valentine's Day. our dir Asahi so shy to ask HYP out for the evening...Haiz:(

the million dollar question remains ' did our man manage to get that task done in Singapore ? '

if not,,,,,bro Asahi...why waste the budget which you had already accrue.....I am free on Thurs...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 am

two days of watching the lady pros from the sidelines, my top 10 takeaways:

1. They play from combination of blue, white and gold tees. Rarely from red.

2. They don't drive long, maybe about 200m plus (Aside from Yani, Michelle, Sandra and few others) but damn do they hit fairways..

3. Short drive must be compensated by woods play and short game, but even then it wont be enough to compete at the top level. Being in position to attack pins is a must for the top players.

4. With some exceptions (e.g. Catriona). The Korean and Japanese pros' iron play from 120 yrds in are better than their ang moh peers.

5. The old Callaway X forged wedges are very very popular. Saw a few fourteens on the Asian pros' bag as well.

6. Se Ri Pak's Black leather Scratch bag with "Wold Golf Hall of Fame" stitched in the front is the coolest of all.

7. The ang mohs are very very leggy

8. Somebody posted Amanda Blumenhurst' caddy is most chio, and I agree. Nicer than the pros themselves.

9. Since HYP is taken, Na Yeon Choi kinda grows on me. I hope what DGman has hinted isn't true or at least she is open minded.

10. Christina Kim's are the biggest on tour. Boomz!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:00 am

pushslice wrote:
two days of watching the lady pros from the sidelines, my top 10 takeaways:

2. They don't drive long, maybe about 200m plus (Aside from Yani, Michelle, Sandra and few others) but damn do they hit fairways..

Not true, I saw Jenny Shin, NYC and Angela Standford average about 250-260 yards off the tee. Laura Davis is one of the long hitters too ...

Last edited by Turbo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:04 am

One other thing I realized is that a lot of the LPGA players use cavity backed irons which was surprising for me. I thought they would use blades. I guess it shows that if you have the right swing, you can do anything and everything with whatever club you hold.

I really enjoyed watching the LPGA players play. They're quite unlike what I had expected and pretty nice folks in person. Kerrie Webb came over and wished me good morning which was really nice. It may not be much to others but she is (was) the defending champion and seemed very pleasant.

I also saw Laura Davies do what I've only heard/read about. She didn't use a tee. Rather she hit an iron into the grass on the teebox thereby chunking some of the grass/earth out. That built her a natural tee off which she drove her ball an awesome 230+m. Classic Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:13 am

i must add a few more points...

compared to the asian tour players. the LPGA players have a better short game in general. they do drive long compare to their size. if you look at the first playoff hole, the 2 smallest players drove the longest. some of their drives are over 270 yards in competition.

they find more fairways and they changed equipment a lot less. the LPGA pros do not even like to change grip unless they need to.

last but not least, they are more pleasant to look at from my point of view.

Panji...i like to watch NYC play and it will not change with her gender preference.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:14 am

Technospaz wrote:

I really enjoyed watching the LPGA players play. They're quite unlike what I had expected and pretty nice folks in person. Kerrie Webb came over and wished me good morning which was really nice. It may not be much to others but she is (was) the defending champion and seemed very pleasant.

bcoz you are more teddy bear than garang
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:16 am

pushslice wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

bcoz you are more teddy bear than garang

How come NYC never come say hello to teddy bear?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 am

DGman wrote:
i must add a few more points...

compared to the asian tour players. the LPGA players have a better short game in general. they do drive long compare to their size. if you look at the first playoff hole, the 2 smallest players drove the longest. some of their drives are over 270 yards in competition.

they find more fairways and they changed equipment a lot less. the LPGA pros do not even like to change grip unless they need to.

last but not least, they are more pleasant to look at from my point of view.

Panji...i like to watch NYC play and it will not change with her gender preference.

DGman

yea I was watching Vicky Hurst chipping on the practice area..awesome, the sound of her chips is so crisp. Eric, from point 6 down i was referring to looks department liao..golfing abilities aside Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:00 am

I was kinda fortunate to have been at #15 (Par 5) where I could watch the 2nd shot come in and see the players charge for the hole with the 3rd shot.

All of them had gorgeous swings. Really fluid and smooth. No forcing, no exertion and no fuss. Just pure contact and all with divots after the ball. Each one of them could compress their shots and the sound which was produced was crisp. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 am

Technospaz wrote:
How come NYC never come say hello to teddy bear?

because she no like teddy bear.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 am

Errrrr.....my top 10 takeaways

1. HYP like bright colours

2. HYP drives 260-270 yards

3. HYP can really spin her chips

4. HYP's back spinning chips are heart stoppers.

5. HYP eats gherkins on course

6. HYP using fourteen wedges

7. HYP uses MP 53

8. HYP prefers female caddy

9. HYP is very friendly to her fans and all

10. HYP most chio!

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 am

but i have this question....

why all the koreans all getting angmoh caddies?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 am

[quote="mUAr_cHEe"]but i have this question....

why all the koreans all getting angmoh caddies?[/quote}

Practice English.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:38 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
but i have this question....

why all the koreans all getting angmoh caddies?

They are vying for the lucrative prize monies in the US Tour, LPGA and they therefore need to be based in USA for convenience. In order to cut cost, they need caddies to be based there as well. Too expensive and hard to find good Korean caddy who are willing to base in USA.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:41 am

asahi wrote:
Practice English.

I know a better way for them to practice English...

but srsly? for what? green card application?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 am

Turbo wrote:
They are vying for the lucrative prize monies in the US Tour, LPGA and they therefore need to be based in USA for convenience. In order to cut cost, they need caddies to be based there as well. Too expensive and hard to find good Korean caddy who are willing to base in USA.

Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Jenny Shin

HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 JennyShin

Eric, this one just for you.....

HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 NaYeongChoi
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:23 pm

i like NYC.....have been watching her playing yesterday...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Winston: ur avatars below still look better la. Jenny shin quite cute though
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:55 pm

[quote="Winston"]Jenny Shin

HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 JennyShin

Yes Winston, she is the one .. I like to see her swing after following her from hole 1 and hole 6 before I stopped in hole 8 to say hello to the GR marshal yesterday.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:05 pm

nientsu wrote:

but i don't quite like the signature. it kinda went a bit over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Winston wrote:
Jenny Shin

HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 NaYeongChoi

Both NYC and Jenny Shin are pretty. NYC was wearing a JL belt in your posted pic but her outfit colour combination on the final round made her looked like a lady caddy. Laughing I wonder which company sponsored her outfit.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:42 pm

ah Jenny Shin!! the potential is just amazing to behold. such courage, 3 hole playoff. at 19.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:48 pm

missmoon wrote:
nientsu wrote:

but i don't quite like the signature. it kinda went a bit over.

Removed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HSBC Womens Championship   HSBC Womens Championship - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSBC Womens Championship
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next