Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club

Go down 
+2
golf_snowman
suj
6 posters
AuthorMessage
suj
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Am playing at 2 courses in Sydney in November :

1. http://www.thevintage.com.au/

2. http://www.nswgolfclub.com.au/welcome/index.mhtml

has anyone played there? I looked at the DRESS CODE at NSW golf and they seem to be very very strict... Alan how strict are these guys? Any one else?

See the dress code : http://www.nswgolfclub.com.au/guests/dresscode.mhtml
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi

May i know how much is it to play in NSW on week day ?

the vintage golf seems good.

maybe i can also add in golf itinery for my free and easy aust trip..hehe

thank you

snowman
Back to top Go down
suj
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:03 pm

The NSW one is ranked in the top 50 best courses in the world. The australian open is held there this year in Dec. Not sure about the prices my local kakis are arranging it. Will check and let you know
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:08 pm

yea nsw n vintage both members only clubs..must hv members to sign u in

if u wearing bermudas make sure u hv LONG socks.. machiam the late Payne Stewart.. safer to wear long pants.

also collared shirts preferably be logo or brand free..only club logos..

i remember last time i played at Lakes in syd.. i wore mock necks.. had to buy new shirt.
told them mocks allowed on PGA.. the marshal said if i played like the pros on PGA tour.. then i allowed to wear mock necks..hahhahah.. nabay.. kan si lan kwai lan the angmo marshal.

ps nsw golf club..during xmas day.. anyone can walk in n queue to play.. token fees gvn to their caddy fund. but be early..

enjoy
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:40 pm

The Vinatge is in the Hunter Valley about 2 hours north of Sydney.

Most courses in Sydney dont enforce the long socks anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:57 pm

Quote :
Agumon wrote:

i remember last time i played at Lakes in syd.. i wore mock necks.. had to buy new shirt.
told them mocks allowed on PGA.. the marshal said if i played like the pros on PGA tour.. then i allowed to wear mock necks..hahhahah.. nabay.. kan si lan kwai lan the angmo marshal.

ps nsw golf club..during xmas day.. anyone can walk in n queue to play.. token fees gvn to their caddy fund. but be early..

enjoy

No offence hor ...but find this quite funny....in my adopted home course , I see many who dressed like PGA but play like me....that is a Malay term ' Kalah tak apa, Gaya mesti Ada'
Back to top Go down
suj
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Alright everyone the time has come.... Nov 21 to Nov 29 i will be Sydney and Central Coast... bookings all done!

Now must just fin tune the driving and putting... :-P
Back to top Go down
bennie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

vintage is quite bochup. but careful when u play, that time i played there i nearly killed a roo hopping around.my ball landed right beside it

nsw is goood but is damn ex. wkday if i remember correctly for overseas players is 200 or 300aud. safer to wear long pants during this period if u play morning game, quite chilly and that time i was there they really quite anal about wearing jeans in the clubhouse. but its really bloody bloody nice

alternatively can play at st michaels gc which is right beside it for the same good view at half the price. they also got an interesting teebox which is surrounded by trees, you drive blind to the fairway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club   Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend in Sydney - The Vintage & NSW Golf Club
Page 1 of 1