Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?

Go down 
+21
mengteck71
Cyrano
Winston
Ssquirrel
golf_snowman
Suspicious
duffader
4dtoto
watermyforrest
TDO
blee67
Duval_S
eiji
shimizu.toruk
asahi
Derek
mUAr_cHEe
dmateo
pushslice
zixter
Technospaz
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 am

Partner, you might want to consider another option, that is to forgive your bad shots rather than getting forgiving clubs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Partner, you might want to consider another options, that is to forgive your bad shots rather than getting forgiving clubs Laughing

We should play together more often. It'll be like going for confession. A heck of a lot of forgiving going on.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am

watermyforrest wrote:
eiji wrote:
And to justify what I wrote above, I am still having lessons. Have 2 lessons this week.

Scarrrrryyy... capt Kian must have inspired you to break 80s...

nothing but respect for Kian, but I am having lessons to improve my golf not to beat him.

I couldn't hit driver in my last golf game, and still struggling to find the swing at the range. With some spare time this week figured I should go for back to back lessons in 2 days to try and sort that out before playing on Friday and Sunday this week.

Usually it gets worse before it gets better and I am not really certain how the upcoming two lessons will turn out as its under a new coach. But golf is a roller coaster ride. I am hitting good iron shots but very poor tee shots and poor short selection around the greens. Have to improve before Feb 8 or I will be letting my partner down against a tough matchup with Duval and Hardrock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:54 am

eiji wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
eiji wrote:
And to justify what I wrote above, I am still having lessons. Have 2 lessons this week.

Scarrrrryyy... capt Kian must have inspired you to break 80s...

nothing but respect for Kian, but I am having lessons to improve my golf not to beat him.

I couldn't hit driver in my last golf game, and still struggling to find the swing at the range. With some spare time this week figured I should go for back to back lessons in 2 days to try and sort that out before playing on Friday and Sunday this week.

Usually it gets worse before it gets better and I am not really certain how the upcoming two lessons will turn out as its under a new coach. But golf is a roller coaster ride. I am hitting good iron shots but very poor tee shots and poor short selection around the greens. Have to improve before Feb 8 or I will be letting my partner down against a tough matchup with Duval and Hardrock.

Shocked Salute!!!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 am

Technospaz wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
Partner, you might want to consider another options, that is to forgive your bad shots rather than getting forgiving clubs Laughing

We should play together more often. It'll be like going for confession. A heck of a lot of forgiving going on.

We shall observe the minute of silence for the lost balls...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:

We shall observe the minute of silence for the lost balls...

I'll get a head start and remain quiet from today onwards.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:56 am

A Master of Many taught me yesterday to hit 3 X 7 iron and one putt for par rather than 3wood and short iron for an attempted GIR with a possible bogey outcome.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
A Master of Many taught me yesterday to hit 3 X 7 iron and one putt for par rather than 3wood and short iron for an attempted GIR with a possible bogey outcome.

I agree. Especially off black - no point taking big risks for GIRs. Just play safe. But golf is a messed up sport - you want to prove to yourself that you can hit it like Tiger, look like Camilio and be rich like the entire tour put together so you go all out.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:14 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

But MC, you can drive long long , further then most people leh...always admire your long long drives..
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:20 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

From what i saw at SICC... u might need 5 x 7 iron. Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:54 pm

4dtoto wrote:
But MC, you can drive long long , further then most people leh...always admire your long long drives..

Not anymore... I am still figuring out where did that MC go to...

seebayho outdrove me yesterday loh.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
4dtoto wrote:

Bro..... it never happened.... Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 pm

it was a dream...
Back to top Go down
Suspicious
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suspicious

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:19 pm

duffader wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
4dtoto wrote:

Bro..... it never happened.... Smile

it's long if u measure it from the other fairways...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:27 pm

at least i can still find my ball, MT.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Any thoughts? Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2, in terms of getting the ball in the middle of the fairway? Dispersion ahead of distance.

just to think out of the box...ever consider teeing off using fairway wood rather than driver ?

the last game i have, i found 12 fairway, excluding all par 3 holes, i only miss 1 fairway, and that is the only time i use my driver....btw, my FW and driver distance are equally short...haha
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:48 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Any thoughts? Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2, in terms of getting the ball in the middle of the fairway? Dispersion ahead of distance.

just to think out of the box...ever consider teeing off using fairway wood rather than driver ?

the last game i have, i found 12 fairway, excluding all par 3 holes, i only miss 1 fairway, and that is the only time i use my driver....btw, my FW and driver distance are equally short...haha

only miss one fairway... affraid

Dare not play with you liao... What a Face
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:51 pm

blee wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

kns...dun wan to play with me say so lah.....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:54 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
blee wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

How to play with you like that... clown
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:56 pm

blee wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
blee wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

How to play with you like that... clown

why not ? my 3 wood tee off distance short short nia......you no heart lah.....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:57 pm

golf_snowman wrote:

Time for a rematch with bro C C B?
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:

Time for a rematch with bro C C B?

haha....

bro CCC can slaughter me anytime, anywhere lah....to just play with him is already my honor..

me also hoping to play with you leh....keke
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Wah... so direct one lor... saying that I am "easy meat"... but I can't disagree to that hehehe... timing is a bit tough lah... difficult to apply for leave hehehehe....
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:29 pm

golf_snowman wrote:

Why should the fairway wood be a better choice? Today's drivers are bigger, with a bigger sweetspot.

Wouldn't it be easier to hit than a fairway wood. Does that 4-5* difference in loft between your driver and FW make that much difference in shot accuracy??

Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:37 pm

TS,

ASthetically, the G20 looks ugly to me. The Titty is very traditional looking which sutits me more.

On a seperate note, having not played with you, I can only relate my own personal experience to you.

I always thought it was the equipment. So i was on the quest of looking for the "ultimate" piece of eqipment that could imporve my game. Vietnam is very hard to find various brands so I resorted rummaging through my friends golf bags to try clubs. MAybe hit a few good shots with their clubs but soon everything went back down the drain. conversly, they would try mine and have no problems hitting it except with maybe an issue to the flex in the shaft.

Food for thought......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?   For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For forgiveness off the tee - Ping G20 or Titleist 910D2?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next