Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's wrong with Austin Hills

Go down 
+10
Cyrano
iron eagle
nutty88
hkhamateur
TDO
Derek
ChrisD
idrahus
simoner
RocknRoll
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RocknRoll
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What's wrong with Austin Hills Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 am

Hi all,

Played yesterday at Austin Hills in JB. Good fairways and very nice maintained greens..... Very Happy price in weekend is RM 120
Just wonder: why is AH always so quitte: is it to difficult, facilities? Course has a slope rating of 131 and agree that it is not an easy course. but lot's of fun and can take yre time as no pressure from marshalls and other flights..... Arrow

Btw: carts are soso but food is good and reasonable priced

Any better value for money around here?

(btw: new on GR and Gong Xi Fa Cai to all of you )

Rd

Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:14 am

AH has been on the down hill since the fairways were flooded a few years ago.

Local tend to give it a miss as it is deemed a difficult course.
Back to top Go down
idrahus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:36 am

Hi rocknroll,

Rm 120 inclusive of caddy and buggy? How abt weekday?
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:02 am

Will play there if I can buy a 4x4 or awd golf ball. The greens there need these balls to stay firm on them.

Last edited by ChrisD on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RocknRoll
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:15 am

idrahus: Inclusive of buggy.... no caddies @AH

They are reconstructing the course at the moment. Looks like building 3rd 9 holes golf course, terrace at the clubhouse etc...

Again: do not expect Horizon Hills quality around the course and fairways, but still very good value for money for beginners & intermediates in the weekend.

On weekdays better offers like Palm Villa for me.....

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Rock and Roll,

When I last played there, the greens were in UNPLAYABLE condition. More like bunkers than greens, and I am not really particular about these kind of things.

Glad to see that the greens have been rectified. The layout is fantastic (but very tough) and the undulating layout makes for good exercise.

At 120 ringgit, good deal. Need to go through any agent or just approach the club directly?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 pm

RocknRoll wrote:
Hi all,

Played yesterday at Austin Hills in JB. Good fairways and very nice maintained greens..... Very Happy price in weekend is RM 120
Just wonder: why is AH always so quitte: is it to difficult, facilities? Course has a slope rating of 131 and agree that it is not an easy course. but lot's of fun and can take yre time as no pressure from marshalls and other flights..... Arrow

Rd

Bro, price of Rm120 is for morning or afternoon game? Have not been there for at least 3 years.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Yeap! V challengg course. Surprised
Its renamed Austin Heights and no longer Austin Hills. Shocked
Singapore company 'Austin hills' gone since last year Feb. Now Mal company takes over.
They re re-constructg the entrance foyer, wedd foyer, buggy station, frt desk counters, extension cafe areas, maintainence of the greens and many more.
Aso they re improvg the playable level on the 18th holes oni. Yes, oni 18th gd & fantastic course n nt three 9holes. cheers
Was told that they re not linkg to any agents. Bt if member signed guests, oni rm 100++ fr weekends and rm50++ fr weekdays. afro
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 am

I like the changing room with the blue lightings but not sure if it still there. used to look like KTV. hehe
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am

I am playing at Poresia tomorrow maybe 3 ball!

Gong Xi Fa Cai, ang pow chic kai lai!
Back to top Go down
RocknRoll
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:27 pm

nutty88 wrote:
I like the changing room with the blue lightings but not sure if it still there. used to look like KTV. hehe

Well... renovation can only make it better, haha!
Greens are very good btw.. At least 'green' from the grass and better then MBGC two weeks ago: only sand.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 pm

nutty88 wrote:

Krkrkr! everytime b4 n after game, my kakis wil give such comment! Ktv or Thai pub. Laughing
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:55 pm

RocknRoll wrote:
Hi all,

Rd

Ya...I like abt this course too mainly there re less flight behind n even so, something we ll let them pass if oni behond flight has two balls or they re teeg off white.
We can fully focus on our game as less pressure build. Swing
Nw, e wet season has gone, I ll look out fr AH more often if my schedule permit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:27 pm

any idea what is the weekday rates? The website is not up apparently..
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:49 am

We call this place Or-sim Hill (Chinese Black Heart) why?
fairway very narrow espcially the first hole, if you dont
warm properly swing to the left bye bye to your first ball!

Senior pay only RM78.00!
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:23 pm

hello iron eagle,

senior is how old? im 50. thks
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Hmm ... should we organise a Golf Republic expedition to Austin Hills?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:08 pm

If sat that is very berry good
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:45 pm

In JB I think senior is 55.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 pm

thks TDO
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:01 pm

[quote="RocknRoll"]Hi all,

Just wonder: why is AH always so quitte: is it to difficult, facilities? Course has a slope rating of 131 and agree that it is not an easy course. but lot's of fun and can take yre time as no pressure from marshalls and other flights..... :

Are u sure? scratch AustinHills is a everything's goes wrong couse Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Derek wrote:
Hmm ... should we organise a Golf Republic expedition to Austin Hills?

Oh...tat ll b nice! Very Happy
And Sat! cheers
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 am

beehome wrote:
hello iron eagle,

If I'm not mistaken it's 50 yrs old, consider senior they are more compassionate
than SG rules and regulations!

I enjoyed playing at Austin Hill, especially hole 10 tee off from high ground to the bottom,
left and right there's water hazzard!
hole 11 par 3 left side all water, sloppy on the right! around 170m.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:14 am

Austin is actually a "cruel" but nicely laid out course. Use to play a lot there. Stop when their maintenance went down the drain...

It will be great to revisit this course if they have done up their greens and fairways.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 am

iron eagle wrote:
beehome wrote:
hello iron eagle,

If I'm not mistaken it's 50 yrs old, consider senior they are more compassionate
than SG rules and regulations!

I enjoyed playing at Austin Hill, especially hole 10 tee off from high ground to the bottom,
left and right there's water hazzard!
hole 11 par 3 left side all water, sloppy on the right! around 170m.

I am not sure about Austin Hills but in Orchard, it's 55 to qualify for senior citizen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with Austin Hills   What's wrong with Austin Hills I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with Austin Hills
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next