Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?

Go down 
+6
golf_snowman
Duval_S
iron eagle
asahi
Derek
kooky
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? Empty
PostSubject: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi

Will like to know more info about MGK membership -

MGK member can enjoy union corporate rates at OCC, I read need to bid in advance? Is this easy to get flights?
Must have 3 or more balls then can book the flight -? What if I am alone or 2 balls, cannot ballot?

Lastly, is MGK membership worthwhile, compared to poh brothers, SSG etc

Thanks for your help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Kooky,

Yes, MGK members can ballot for a golf pass to play at OCC at corp union rates. As there are more than sufficient golf passes available for all members, the constraint then becomes getting a flight at OCC. Balloting is convenient and can be done online. Please note that golf passes are balloted individually.

As with all member clubs, weekends (whole day Sat and Sun am) are pretty full. However, getting a slot on weekdays or weekend nights is pretty easy.

As for min number to book a flight, that would be up to OCC golf dept. I am not sure if they are willing to match you up if you turn up as a one-ball, but 2 ball on weekdays is usually not an issue. However, please check with them.

The good thing about the MGK privilege is that it is an individual benefit, so a member will enjoy it even if his flightmates are not members.

Some people find MGK membership a bit pricey cos of the pre-requisite to have NTUC membership. However, without the NTUC membership, there is no way to legally enjoy the corp union rate.

As for whether it is worthwhile, that is up to you to decide after comparing the benefits offered by different clubs. All Associate Members of the SGA offer recognized USGA handicaps, so the basic product is equally good for all clubs. It really depends on your needs and where you golf.

p.s. Please note that MGK membership price includes Golf Insurance

p.p.s The MGK website is currently down but will be up by tomorrow evening (upgrading) so pls PM me if you need more details on member benefits.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 pm

I want but...............????!!!!
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 pm

It was a hassle to play OCC for me i gave UP MGK, must ballot, take card from Union house la,
end joining Poresia can play any time i want and its cheaper, 2 ball can play on weekdays.

Can play Blue tee, enjoy the scenery. playing in SG is just too expensive!!
Unless u join as memebers, also very expensive. Play JB Best!!!

Last edited by iron eagle on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Derek wrote:
Hi Kooky,

Yes, MGK members can ballot for a golf pass to play at OCC at corp union rates. As there are more than sufficient golf passes available for all members, the constraint then becomes getting a flight at OCC. Balloting is convenient and can be done online. Please note that golf passes are balloted individually.

As with all member clubs, weekends (whole day Sat and Sun am) are pretty full. However, getting a slot on weekdays or weekend nights is pretty easy.

As for min number to book a flight, that would be up to OCC golf dept. I am not sure if they are willing to match you up if you turn up as a one-ball, but 2 ball on weekdays is usually not an issue. However, please check with them.

The good thing about the MGK privilege is that it is an individual benefit, so a member will enjoy it even if his flightmates are not members.

Some people find MGK membership a bit pricey cos of the pre-requisite to have NTUC membership. However, without the NTUC membership, there is no way to legally enjoy the corp union rate.

As for whether it is worthwhile, that is up to you to decide after comparing the benefits offered by different clubs. All Associate Members of the SGA offer recognized USGA handicaps, so the basic product is equally good for all clubs. It really depends on your needs and where you golf.

p.s. Please note that MGK membership price includes Golf Insurance

p.p.s The MGK website is currently down but will be up by tomorrow evening (upgrading) so pls PM me if you need more details on member benefits.

Thanks Derek,

Am I right to say that I must

Ballot for a pass first
then
Call OCC golf dept to book a flight.

Does the golf pass have a date tied to it - how long does it last?

Thanks so much
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 pm

MGk member can book one week in advance

Generally ballot pass quite aplenty. The MGk website allow one to see how many are available. Typically I chk pass availability first then quickly check fir flt availability.

The pass is valid for that day only.

Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Duval_S wrote:
MGk member can book one week in advance

Generally ballot pass quite aplenty. The MGk website allow one to see how many are available. Typically I chk pass availability first then quickly check fir flt availability.

The pass is valid for that day only.

Oh okay. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Kooky,

I would advise you to get the flight at OCC first, then go online and apply and pay for the golf pass. As I mentioned previously, more than enough passes.

The golf pass is valid for that day only.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:24 am

hi Derek

could you advise me the membership fee to join MGK and NTUC membership fee ?
if i wanted to transfer my current hcap, how should i go about it ?

thank you

Last edited by golf_snowman on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 am

How do we join too? First step NTUC union? Can apply at NTUC?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 am

garylin wrote:

Is it possible to join MGK without NTUC membership?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:12 am

iron eagle wrote:
It was a hassle to play OCC for me i gave UP MGK, must ballot, take card from Union house la,
end joining Poresia can play any time i want and its cheaper, 2 ball can play on weekdays.

Can play Blue tee, enjoy the scenery. playing in SG is just too expensive!!
Unless u join as memebers, also very expensive. Play JB Best!!!

On the contrary I found it no hassle at all for OCC playing.
Ballot - online - can do with my phone. Timing and availability of golf pass? No issue - very often I forgot to ballot and only do last minute previous night or on the day itself (playing at 8, ballot at 6am coz I forget). Still have golf pass even for Sat and Sun. payment online, no need to collect anything as they're automatically sent to the system of OCC.

True it's expensive playing in Singapore, but really, considering everything (condition etc) ... still some value there.
Btw I play poresia as well so this is not about that....
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 am

simoner wrote:
garylin wrote:

Is it possible to join MGK without NTUC membership?

As Derek said - can't. NTUC membership can apply online la.. then wait for them to send you your card. or go to ntuc at orq there.... fee is something like 90+ or so? Ah forgot - check the NTUC website - everything's there.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 am

Derek,

Not sure if this was raised before. I'm keen on Associate Membership but my handicap is maintained overseas (not a local club). Is that an issue?

When I try to complete the form, it only prompts me for Ordinary membership Sad

TS
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 am

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Derek,

Not sure if this was raised before. I'm keen on Associate Membership but my handicap is maintained overseas (not a local club). Is that an issue?

TS

what did you state in the HCP section....??? that could be the reason
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Derek,

TS

what did you state in the HCP section....??? that could be the reason

It prompted me for an overseas club name (which I entered) and I didn't check the box which asks if I wanted MGK to maintain my handicap (which I don't).

Yet I'm still made to be an Ordinary member.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   how does my golf kaki (MGK) work? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?
Page 1 of 1