Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mizuno Mp69

Go down 
+8
S70B
eiji
JonL_TK
sob
pushslice
nientsu
Technospaz
alucard
12 posters
AuthorMessage
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Anyone using the above irons? What are your thoughts on them? I am looking to get a new set of irons and i was considering the mp69. But I tried them recently at golfhouse with nspro, and the feel was somewhat disappointing. I dont know if it was the shaft or not, but i got better feel with the nike split cavity forged with nspro previously.

I also handitchy tried my frens miura CB 301 (i think) which he got recently, and the feel is unforgettable.... but so is the price.

Im not keen to spend so much on irons if possible, thus thinking of mp69. any feedback is appreciated.

im currently using mp52 with kbs tours
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm using the 58s and I find that they're a bit too much club for me. When I hit them sweet, they're amazing (on PX 5.0 HLs) but the problem is hitting them sweet. I think the 59s are a step-up in terms of performance. However, I believe Golf Digest recently reviewed them and while they were given a gold label, it was observed that they're not as forgiving as one would like.

I also had the chance to try the 301s and they're very nice. Like you said, however, they're also very expensive.

I guess it all depends on how long you plan to stick with a set of irons. Some people are itchy (like me) and are always keen to buy new gear. Others stick to one love and do so for a long time.

You have to decide what suits you best. Even if it means paying more money, it may be worth it given that the performance is outstanding (and so is the feel). But if you're the type who needs to see new stuff in the bag often, then maybe it's not the best purchase.

OT a bit, I think Mizunos have a very good after-market resale so getting rid of the 59s at a later time would not be too difficult.
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks for the feedback! Smile I dont think im a person who will change irons very often, the mp52s have been with me for over 3 years. i had tried the Miuras tourny blades & cb501 and they are great. I do not think that the mp69 could be so far off.

but i dont think that i want to use blades, cos i would like a bit more forgiveness, and was thus thinking about cb501. but the miura price is daunting, when the mp are like $1k.

i sound like a broken record.....

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:41 am

Yeah, I too want more forgiveness which is why I'm going back to my MX-300s. There are multiple options with the Miuras and the 301s, while not the best looking, are actually quite game-improvement-like. So, they're a good choice but then again, I've had very limited exposure to Miuras aside from testing the 301s, watching some Miura folks have a go at it and talking to Stanley.

By the way, I played with 3 golfers over the weekend and they all had Miuras. Watching their ironplay was very nice. I was the odd one out with my Mizunos. Who'd ever thought that Mizunos would be the odd one out? (Have you see the Mizuno golfer list on GR?)
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 am

I tried a couple of miura clubs. Like you guys, i agree that the feel is awesome! Tried the 301, 501 and the baby blades. Baby blades take a little getting used to due to its small size (golf ball is about 75% the size of the blade).

The baby blades was the one that caught my eye because of its very clean design. I agree with Lee (the muira and tour ad guy), that you will improve with these irons. How not to when you practically have to hit the sweetspot everytime? You definately will get INSTANT FEEDBACK. No sweetspot = bad shot. But for someone's lack of skill like me, its going to be a painful journey to go thru. Still, its the price that is holding me off.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 am

MX 300s are very nice, TS. Blend of easy to hit and soft feel, nice head design, doesnt look like SGI. It's my favorite Mizzy. I wouldn't mind having one, esp at 2nd hand price Very Happy I havent tried the X9 series yet.

I haven't been very impressed with a Miura, yet. Tried Eden's tourney blades when he was still around, and the 501s at Laguna recently. Good/soft for sure but still not enough to differentiate from other forged sets at much lower prices. The blades are nice looking but the 301 series is so very bland. The Giken 20x models have nice looks but I have not tried.

I haven't even given any taylormade irons a single look this past year. They felt very mass produced Very Happy

Titleist AP2 712 is a stepback from the previous models on friendliness and feel. AP1 is not bad at all. That club just wanna go straight.

If anyone games the mp69, do come to SSN. We sure hope to try out. Trying out at Golf House is no good, hitting against a tarp!

Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 am

Have had the 69s since Nov, prev using a 57.
Here's my take after using them for close to 2 months now, (I play at least once a week and with one range session).

Gamed them with the original DGs for 3 weeks infact gamed them without going to the range and did pretty good on them.
But I didn't like the feel of the DGs so switched back to KBS(was using KBS on the 57s).

Pros

Easy to launch even with the DGs, with the KBS lagi easy.
Good feedback on solid hits
Easy to shape shots
Cuts turf easy, doesn't stick
Don't lose much dist on bad shots(5-10%), still on target
Consistent distance and tight dispersion

Cons

Smaller sweet spot
Instant feedback on bad shots(Ouch)
Shaft options from GH limited.
I can't seem to hard hit them, got to use nice smooth swing(maybe it's me)

Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:22 am

Cannot compare CB's against MB's...
The feel is off!

I play a Titleist Combo set and even I can tell that the CB's feel softer off the face then the MB's..
I used to have the MP68's and the feel when one hits it flush is awesome!

Have to be a pretty consistent ball striker to hit the MB's well... Let alone have that consistent feeling of shiokness!!!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:26 am

My dear frenemy, Adams MB2s are calling for you.

You free to golf on 25th or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 am

eiji wrote:

I have liao. Utterly too shiok to resist.

I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:30 am

S70B wrote:
eiji wrote:

I have liao. Utterly too shiok to resist.

I HIT IT

so is it better than the original Adam MBs?

I know you love it more than your ah beng Cobras.

Anyway I will see you during lohei, what's in the your bag will be a good indication of how good the MB2 are. Damn tempted to get, but I not good enough to game them.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:32 am

Mine are T.I.

Satin with no brass plugs visible.

Comes with KBS Tour S alr.

They are softer than my originals but the shape is rounder and curvier.

I can sell u the 3 n 4 iron. Laughing
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:35 am

S70B wrote:
Mine are T.I.

Satin with no brass plugs visible.

Comes with KBS Tour S alr.

They are softer than my originals but the shape is rounder and curvier.

I can sell u the 3 n 4 iron. Laughing

I don't use 3 and 4 iron, have the Pro A12s hybrid like you
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:40 am

alucard wrote:
Anyone using the above irons? What are your thoughts on them? I am looking to get a new set of irons and i was considering the mp69. But I tried them recently at golfhouse with nspro, and the feel was somewhat disappointing. I dont know if it was the shaft or not, but i got better feel with the nike split cavity forged with nspro previously.

I also handitchy tried my frens miura CB 301 (i think) which he got recently, and the feel is unforgettable.... but so is the price.

Im not keen to spend so much on irons if possible, thus thinking of mp69. any feedback is appreciated.

im currently using mp52 with kbs tours

Anyway paiseh

The 69s are BIIIIGGGGG disappointment. I was pretty shocked to find out that the 68s are way better.

If you are really into Mizzys, try out the 59s. They are slightly larger, slightly more offset(very minimal) and feel better due to the larger tungsten insert. They are the only new set I think which was an improvement to the 58s.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 am

eiji wrote:

My dear Frenemy... Unfortunately i have to return to office on the 25th...
Sianz to have to travel into JB lor... Confirm chop stamp will be jam!!!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 am

JonL_TK wrote:
eiji wrote:

My dear Frenemy... Unfortunately i have to return to office on the 25th...
Sianz to have to travel into JB lor... Confirm chop stamp will be jam!!!

Got Daren, dun want me lor, go la go play golf with him on Friday...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:03 pm

r the adams mb2 the "raw" irons that will rust?
tinking of getting a set as a gift
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Thank you kian!!!
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 pm

eiji wrote:

Got Daren, dun want me lor, go la go play golf with him on Friday...

So Fierce!!! No choice on the 25th leh... My Boss wants me to start work that day!!!
While he takes the rest of the week off and starts work on Monday
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:18 pm

kian wrote:
r the adams mb2 the "raw" irons that will rust?
tinking of getting a set as a gift

MB2 got raw, got satin and PVD(black).

I prefer PVD black.

thanks Kian!
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Where can see these Adams irons?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:33 pm

alucard wrote:
Where can see these Adams irons?
Golf House... But limited selection
Back to top Go down
copen123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
copen123

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 am

I tried the 69s and the 68s at Golf House. The feel when the sweet spot is hit is very similar, the soft, buttery feel typical of Mizuno. In fact, when doing a blind test, I could not really tell the difference between the clubs. However, when I knew which club I was hitting with, I felt that I needed less concentration to hit the 69 cleanly, but not much. I found the 7 and 6 irons relatively easy to hit for blades. Longer irons will probably be harder.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 am

Wonder if GH can do a custom order set?
Like long irons CB and maybe short irons MB
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:21 am

Jon, I got the combo straight from the States (58-68) with matching serial number throughout the set. Took forever, though. Let me know if you want one and GH can't do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mizuno Mp69 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Mp69   Mizuno Mp69 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mizuno Mp69
Page 1 of 1