Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hole in one prize

Go down 
+6
hkhamateur
mengteck71
TDO
JohnBGLee
wilier izoard
starter_golfer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
starter_golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:17 am

Someone told me that if you get a hole in one, you win some prize, is it true???
Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:56 am

true
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:01 am

starter_golfer wrote:
Someone told me that if you get a hole in one, you win some prize, is it true???

Depending - Competition or Social game.

Club Medal - Pot of Gold
Competition - May be a car, air tickets etc...
Social game - Insurance $$$.

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:06 am

Depend on when and where you get the HIO. If social game and in own club, the club will probably issue a certificate of achievement, a box of golf balls and possibly a small trophy. But you need a witness to vouch for your achievement.

Maybe more knowledgeable members here can advice if above comments is correct.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:23 pm

SCC give $500 food voucher, small troohy with ur HIO ball on trophy
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Nt mentiong, there'll b a on-hse pour rule by u once u ring e bell! Beer Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Eh, I want to share this. I was partnering a friend in our group at Kranji some 4 years ago. Till todate I am still upet about it. My partner scored a hole in one at Hole 5. I was so happy for him and was the first to congratulate him. We thought there would be at least a round of beer for all. Nothing of that sort. Then he said something about now having an insurance and have to check at home. Fine, our beer can wait. So no ringing of bell at Clubhouse. One week later, I was told my a friend in my group on that day that he bought not only beer for his other friends, including those who played on that day but also dinner and didn't invite me, his partner on that day. That's a great friend. I have not heard nor seen him since then. I can't wait to see his expression when (if) we next meet. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by TDO on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:31 pm

In my country, when a player scores a hole in One , in a recreational game

You get a certificate, and your name will be engraved in the list of "Hole In One" board,

Like your name
date
what kind of ball
how many yards
and what golf club did you used

Then you get Cash & Free Food voucher.

And when its a tournament, the winner can sometimes get

a house & lot, a car, plane ticket, a Rolex watch

everything depends on how long you made the shot.
the more difficult the Bigger the prize you get.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:10 pm

If you score a HIO while playing with Mloy, your prize will be to give her a chicken wing buffet for life.
Back to top Go down
Boso
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 am

so cool....
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfsohot.com
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:01 am

To me... scoring a hole in one is a prize in itself. That's one of the milestones that I'll remember in my life Smile (sadly till date have not achieved one). On one of the overseas golf trips, my Dad's friend scored a hole-in-one. It was quite a large group. My Dad's first comments was to ask his friend check his insurance conditions first before treating. (Dad & friends felt bad being treated as the F&B at the club was really expensive. Furthermore, the golfers had their families with them on the trip which meant over 20 people). Friend still insisted on treating and commented that whether can claim back or not doesnt matter. He was very happy to score a hole-in-one and giving a treat to his friends was something he wanted to do. (Btw, he wasn't well to do)

TDO wrote:
Eh, I want to share this. I was partnering a friend in our group at Kranji some 4 years ago. Till todate I am still upet about it. My partner scored a hole in one at Hole 5. I was so happy for him and was the first to congratulate him. We thought there would be at least a round of beer for all. Nothing of that sort. Then he said something about now having an insurance and have to check at home. Fine, our beer can wait. So no ringing of bell at Clubhouse. One week later, I was told my a friend in my group on that day that he bought not only beer for his other friends, including those who played on that day but also dinner and didn't invite me, his partner on that day. That's a great friend. I have not heard nor seen him since then. I can't wait to see his expression when (if) we next meet. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hole in one prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: hole in one prize   hole in one prize I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hole in one prize
Page 1 of 1