Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11

Go down 
+27
slinger
aryansha
4dtoto
Technospaz
mloy
samT
chinchiachun
garylin
watermyforrest
DGman
dmateo
danielleecm
Derek
duffader
S70B
HyBriD
Duval_S
Lee36328
pushslice
Vinny
jimmychoo
JonL_TK
mUAr_cHEe
golfool2009
scottycollector
eiji
buweeza
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:51 pm

S70B wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

ok. putting. i don't deny. Master has changed me from a 5-putt-chee to a 3-putt-..

Dun put yourself down la.

Sometimes u 1-putt for bogey. lol!

Yah... and he will do his Fist Pump!!!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:52 pm

so feel the lurve here...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:59 pm

eiji wrote:
17 fairways?

scratch

they havent finished la, i was watching till they played the 17th hole where the launch monitor info was shared with viewers.

@bro hybrid: 416 yards is typical short par 4 from white tee for men la. and so does 176 yrds par 3. There were longer holes also but I didnt remember exactly. Creamer had to hit wood on his second shot to the 17th, after a 220 yrds drive. So it wasnt a general statement, those yardages were from the tournament tees for LPGA i.e. CME Cardholder tourney in Florida. The one where ASAHI's idol won.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 pm

eiji wrote:
17 fairways?

scratch

maybe got 3 hole playoff ....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:07 pm

there's only 14 fairways + - 1 or 2 depending on the number of par 3s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:10 pm

i think it was GIR number rather than fairway hit number...my bad. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Hey Bro,

Maybe its time for you to buy the upcoming R11S driver....joke Very Happy

Its really Nice to Feel & know when you are driving your ball 25 to 50 yards more.

What a great "Macho feeling" haha

Maybe year 2012 is a Great excuse year for you to buy another driver to Out-Drive your brother.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Tell me about it... it used to be me declaring "this hole we challenge long drive. 1 H2O". Last few games I have to find excuse. "back ache". "wrist injured" hahaha.. dulan.

Bro and I share same buggy.. when we drive to our balls.. I automatically disembark first to check if its mine... he just sits back with a wry look on his face. *******

Anyways, I still beat him by 10-12 strokes over the weekend so at least I win money and free meals/drinks.. just need to keep finding excuse to siam the long drive challenges

HyBriD wrote:
Hey Bro,

Maybe its time for you to buy the upcoming R11S driver....joke Very Happy

Its really Nice to Feel & know when you are driving your ball 25 to 50 yards more.

What a great "Macho feeling" haha

Maybe year 2012 is a Great excuse year for you to buy another driver to Out-Drive your brother.
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:08 pm

bro..quoted one expert whom told me before. it does not matter how far you drive...its how you reach that end point which is the hole. you are doing fine and i believe with more practise you probably will be beside your brother thinking who should hit the 2nd shot 1st...... Very Happy cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:43 am

Gps on buggy, trackman and distance marker?
I don't think we are talking about cm or even m accuracy here more like approximation to the nearest 10 meter if without those tools above.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 am

basically the old theory that ties club head speed to distance is redundant (in this case) to a certain extent. here's why...

1. in a closed setting like a driving range, you get range balls with a different compression. even if they use regular balls, you can bet your last dollar its not new, unless you play on the tour. in a fitting studio like BFG, you may not be able to coax the golfer into delivering their optimum. from experience, most golfers can go at least 10 to 15%% more on the golf course with visual targeting. thats why its most objective to capture actual performance on a driving range with real golf balls with a Trackman Pro (in real time). as a fitter in a closed environment we cannot rely on stats alone to make judgement.

2. ball technology is ever changing and longer distance are achieved as a result of this. we all know that the new balls are capable of creating different spin conditions which are designed to give users better control and distances. so the old theory that 100 mph translate to 250 yards carry may have to be relooked. also this theory do not take into account smash factor.

3. humidity, fairways and wind - this is something that a golfer have to factor in as well.

which ever the case, its good to hear that your brother is driving to places he has never been before. i am not a golf coach and my job as a fitter is merely to point the golfer to the right direction to free himself. the freedom to swing a club and understanding what it takes to deliver that power from takeaway and more importantly to finish, is why we get consistently longer distances with more desirable dispersion.

the thread talks about someone hitting longer than before and i think its important to acknowledge that he has applied something he learned and put them into use. thats important and we should congratulate him on his efforts. now i hope golfers can understand why i do not fit everyone who walks in our doors. in most cases, whether its stock shaft or aftermarket, its the indian and not the arrow that needs fixing.

happy 2012 and may you hit more fairways with greater length. now putting is another matter.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 am

Macam GolfDigest article...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:41 am

watermyforrest wrote:

or not better....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:47 am

watermyforrest wrote:

wah WMF u come back to GR and one of the first few things u do is trash talk and ang kat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 am

most people use Trackman or Sam Putt Lab to show the result. its more important to focus on the occurent...like i always say, the stats are for the customer to see and what we should see is beyond those figures.

you take a golfer who swings his 7 iron at a breakneck speed of 90 mph, only to see 130 meters of carry. most probably, he would have a less then desirable smash factor. even if he wants to spend money on getting project X 6.5 fitted, its better to tell him where he should improve and not fit him something that will ruin his game. but according to specs he needs a stiffer than stiff. i rather explain and demonstrate where he should slow down and where he should speed up on impact so that in 2 to 3 months time, he will be ready for proper fitting.

as for Sam Putt Lab, i am very reluctant to use it cos most golfers will see a putting pattern on the computer and what they will try and do is achieve a square impact position. thats really not what putting is about.

again most people miss the point, the point is the golfer came in with his brother and walk away with some advice which enable him to free himself and rip it better. once the grip is lighter, everything will be smoother, you can ask CCC about it.

DGman
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:58 am

actually, i think its a mental thought that changed when i applied eric's advice.. Once I changed that thought, i was just hitting further... in the end i didnt beat my bro in terms of score because:

i become yaya at the last few holes.. start to wanna hit further and swing faster. in the end sliced a ball into OB... double par that hole

next hole try to correct.. try to swing slower.. chicken wing and sliced again... WATER..

still have much to practice.. i hope it wasnt just a 1 weekend miracle..

p.s. my putting become like sai after i hit further and start doing more GIRs... isit linked? i dunno...

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 am

No wonder then, yesterday, fighting for the last hole playing sixes with 3 balls riding on it, 356m par 4 with wide open level fairway, I relaxed and yet hit one of my best drives ever, right where I aimed it. I had 52 wedge distance left. By contrast, my competitor, a sharp shortgame retiree, was hitting wood as his approach. Having said that, his 1-chip and 1 long putt threatened the hole. These shortgame maestro uncles are a tough bunch. I lagged for a given.

Very satisfying to hit it long. Especially more so when we can bring it home. Even sweeter with something at stake.

What a nice way to end the first round of the new year. I wish a good start to all in this new year.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:22 am

on boxing day, i went to play horizon hill for the first time in my life, not because i wanted to play golf but to look at a customer's game and to give him useful inputs. he has been working with me on his putting, visualization and decision making from the tee box...basically playing a game with a simple plan.

he showed me his score card for last week....5 birdies, 12 pars and a double bogey at NSRCC. ...yes he shot under for the first time in his life. a day later he went to play Horizon Hills and played off the black, coming back with a 73 with 2 rather bad holes to account for.

for him the lesson has only begun and its got nothing to do with his swing or his stats on trackman.

DGman
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:44 am

DGman wrote:
again most people miss the point, the point is the golfer came in with his brother and walk away with some advice which enable him to free himself and rip it better. once the grip is lighter, everything will be smoother, you can ask CCC about it.

DGman
Huh??? Ask me what? i only know pcc with a lighter grip release smoother leh. albino
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:45 am

chinchiachun wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman
Huh??? Ask me what? i only know pcc with a lighter grip release smoother leh. albino

PCC with fingers.. how hard can the grip be?
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 pm

duffader wrote:
chinchiachun wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

Hahaha.... Bro, give the boy a break, he still gowing....
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:57 pm

duffader wrote:

if he use the hand, he cannot see what he is holding!
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:57 pm

PCC = Pinch Chut Chut
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:04 pm

DGman wrote:
on boxing day, i went to play horizon hill for the first time in my life, not because i wanted to play golf but to look at a customer's game and to give him useful inputs. he has been working with me on his putting, visualization and decision making from the tee box...basically playing a game with a simple plan.

he showed me his score card for last week....5 birdies, 12 pars and a double bogey at NSRCC. ...yes he shot under for the first time in his life. a day later he went to play Horizon Hills and played off the black, coming back with a 73 with 2 rather bad holes to account for.

for him the lesson has only begun and its got nothing to do with his swing or his stats on trackman.

DGman

There is a universal principle here. Literally.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 pm

buweeza,

Just follow what my golf buddies did when I was out-driving them a few years back.

Both of them bought Honma Beres MG 712

And now, they both, a 67 and 55 year old golf buddies, have been outdriving me .

Maybe you can try and buy the newest TM R11s or Rocketballz driver

Its a Good alibi hehe for you to buy a new toy.

( like my other friends do...they say those excuse to their wifey ) hehe
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11   OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG: Brother is driving past 250m on a R11
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next