Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

you should not listen to the old

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
firststone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

you should not listen to the old Empty
PostSubject: you should not listen to the old   you should not listen to the old I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:11 am

A young man who was also an avid golfer found himself with a few hours to spare one afternoon. He figured if he hurried and played very fast, he could get in nine holes before he had to head home. Just as he was about to tee off an old gentleman shuffled onto the tee and asked if he could accompany the young man as he was golfing alone. Not being able to say no, he allowed the old gent to join him.

To his surprise the old man played fairly quickly. He didn't hit the ball far, but plodded along consistently and didn't waste much time. Finally, they reached the 9th fairway and the young man found himself with a tough shot. There was a large pine tree right in front of his ball - and directly between his ball and the green.

After several minutes of debating how to hit the shot the old man finally said, "You know, when I was your age I'd hit the ball right over that tree."

With that challenge placed before him, the youngster swung hard, hit the ball up, right smack into the top of the tree trunk and it thudded back on the ground not a foot from where it had originally lay.

The old man offered one more comment, "Of course, when I was your age that pine tree was only three feet tall."
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfbargainoffers.com
chillipadi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: you should not listen to the old   you should not listen to the old I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:47 pm

Oh.....he should let the old finish what he hasnt completed talking abt....

But I do like the ending, shows how time flies and we tend to take the tree for granted.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: you should not listen to the old   you should not listen to the old I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:34 pm

Nice re-hashed story from a spammer. you should not listen to the old Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you should not listen to the old   you should not listen to the old I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you should not listen to the old
Page 1 of 1