Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stop Equipment Bullying..

Go down 
+9
HyBriD
TLHENG
Kengnam
dmateo
Christo72
benedictteo83
duffader
eiji
Khorkar
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Stop Equipment Bullying.. Empty
PostSubject: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:53 am

This is a good article about equipments. We are all used to the big names in tour but its may not be necessary the best to individual. Don't leave it to big brands make you think that they are the best for you, you need to try out others and who knows they may just be right for you.

http://www.sirshanksalot.com/golf-news-and-rumors/30-golf-news-and-rumors/1786-stop-golf-equipment-bullying

Last edited by Khorkar on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:37 am

Yeah brands like KZG, Adams, Rife, Yes are very underrated. They may not get as much exposure as the big budget brands with top marketing dollar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:39 am

its whether want or dun want only lah..... BFG irons also got demo leh.... they just dun see the effect of marketing.... BTW.... reminder... BFG irons still out of stock. Smile
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 am

Hmm the power of multimedia...
Back to top Go down
Christo72
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Totally agree. My bag went from Mizuno and Ping to now, BFG irons, Fourteen wedges and ZIM and I'm so contented with it. Thanks, Eric, Yen Ling and Lenny (Lim).
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 pm

well, the #1 claim is too much and I agree.
The marketing is still required. if it's good and nobody knows about it, then it's as good as useless. So some marketing is still required in that sense.

Even BFG iron is being advertised, I just saw one advertisement on this month golf digest, the whole page for BFG iron. Which is honestly is a must. Good news needs to be spread out, obviously if it's your betting Khaki and you believe you will be at disadvantage then that's a different story.

Last edited by dmateo on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm using OnOff forged iron set,izzit a big name in market?not many ppl using this equipment.
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm using OnOff forged iron set,izzit a big name in market?not many ppl using this equipment.

OnOff was known as Daiwa in the past. Under Daiwa brand, it was quite popular then.
Now it has become a minor brand, but in Japan it still enjoys some followings.

Anyway, IMHO it does not matter the popularity of the brand if you are not concern about re-sale value. Just buy what you like and suitable for you irregardless of other's opinion including those from coaches, club fitters etc.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 pm

IMHO, there's nothing wrong when an Equipment maker advertises and make claim's

We just have to understand that most of these equipment makers do their own Research & Development. And they spend $$$$ on it. So they will employ all means to recover what investment they have undergone.

Golf equipment is like buying a car or medicine. All products spend money on R & D

I think "BULLYING" starts ONLY when they will monopolized the trade or industry. Like PacMan gobbling every competitor in the market.

I hope this will never happen. Becoz if it does, then we will all be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:11 pm

TLHENG wrote:

OnOff was known as Daiwa in the past. Under Daiwa brand, it was quite popular then.
Now it has become a minor brand, but in Japan it still enjoys some followings.

Anyway, IMHO it does not matter the popularity of the brand if you are not concern about re-sale value. Just buy what you like and suitable for you irregardless of other's opinion including those from coaches, club fitters etc.
1st of all I bought OnOff is becos of it design,it look neat not so complicated and not like other mark keep on changing every year.this set I bought it at around $1700 and I can top up a few hundreds to get a set of Miura,but I willing to give this brand which is done by endo a try and it give me forgiveness,soft feel.
Back to top Go down
wl71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
wl71

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Cuts both ways... a used Titleist driver will be much easier to re-sell, as compared to (for example only) a PRGR driver. It gets more complicated when some of the niche brands offer full customization and fitting...how would I sell a set of KZG irons fitted to me?

Perhaps, for more seasoned players with more consistent swings, they will be able to benefit from fitted clubs...and perhaps less likely to change equipment as often.

Then again....Club Ho's, well... they are a different breed altogether! They try and change clubs for kicks Very Happy

Just my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
harimau
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
harimau

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:56 pm

The other thing to consider is when you have plans to upgrade and sell your old equipment, it is usually easier to sell used "branded" stuff and at a higher price..

hah! 2 min slow in replying the same as above
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:30 pm

I like wl71's points! And his status, inconsistency is so maddenning!

Just keep an open mind when buying clubs, the proof is on the pudding. Try clubs before you buy and dont hesitate to try non major brand clubs.

In this regard, take GD's hotlist with two handfuls of salt. I prefer the poison arena of SSN and Big Fish Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:33 pm

eiji wrote:
Yeah brands like KZG, Adams, Rife, Yes are very underrated. They may not get as much exposure as the big budget brands with top marketing dollar.

Yes, Adams is low key in marketing while surprising in the performance department. I have 3 Adams in my bag so far. The only things that come close to replacing my Adams are... other Adams models.

Linked article wrote:

With this in mind, we strongly urge you to “look beyond the marketing” and try lesser known companies and products. There’s a ton of quality, great-performing golf equipment manufacturers out there that year over year are doing incredible and innovative things. Need some examples? Tour Edge, Edel, Fourteen Golf, Solus, KZG, Innovex, Miura, Rufe, Dogleg Right are just a few. Furthermore, if you want to get some unbiased opinions on clubs, see what college players are playing, or better yet, amateur players. This undistorted look is a much more accurate reflection of the best equipment on the market.

Haven't tried the rest, but happy to see Tour Edge gets a mention - superb 3 wood. Will stay in my bag a long time. And Miura, for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Interesting that there is a quote on some other brands - Solus, KZG, Innovex, Miura, Rufe, Dogleg Right. Of these few, I only know 2.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
eiji wrote:

Yes, Adams is low key in marketing while surprising in the performance department. I have 3 Adams in my bag so far. The only things that come close to replacing my Adams are... other Adams models.

Linked article wrote:

With this in mind, we strongly urge you to “look beyond the marketing” and try lesser known companies and products. There’s a ton of quality, great-performing golf equipment manufacturers out there that year over year are doing incredible and innovative things. Need some examples? Tour Edge, Edel, Fourteen Golf, Solus, KZG, Innovex, Miura, Rufe, Dogleg Right are just a few. Furthermore, if you want to get some unbiased opinions on clubs, see what college players are playing, or better yet, amateur players. This undistorted look is a much more accurate reflection of the best equipment on the market.

Haven't tried the rest, but happy to see Tour Edge gets a mention - superb 3 wood. Will stay in my bag a long time. And Miura, for obvious reasons.

I have Adams Driver(9064), hybrids (2 A12), Irons (A12). so yeah i know how underrated they are, a select few whom have hit my stuff have nothing but good things to say about their stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop Equipment Bullying..   Stop Equipment Bullying.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop Equipment Bullying..
Page 1 of 1