Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big headed ?

Go down 
+8
mox
dmateo
Lee36328
botak
TDO
Begbie
Technospaz
Duval_S
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:39 am

I appreciate confidence....I admire determination...and most of all...I respect will power and perseverence.....

but this..is somewhat ....no where in the above

Quote :

Yani Tseng was the main attraction heading into the Rolex Awards Reception where she picked up Player of the Year honors for the second straight year, as well as the Vare Trophy for low scoring average, but LPGA Rookie of the Year Hee Kyung Seo stole the show, according to the Golf Channel's Randall Mell.

“I’m here to issue a warning,” Seo said from the podium while turning to look at Tseng. “I’m ready to play golf at the highest level, and I want to be No. 1 in the future, so I issue this warning.”

Seo told Tseng she thought of her when looking at the caution message stamped to her car’s side-view mirror on the way to the awards reception.

“The sticker I think is meant for you,” Seo said. “It says `Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.’”

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2011/11/truth-rumors-lpga-rookie-of-the-year-issues-warning-to-tseng.html#ixzz1eUKwzg7b
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 am

I think Yani should have nothing to fear.

"Bring it, b!t@h"

I suppose the award's ceremony wasn't followed by an all-out jello/mud fight? Oh.. pity.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 am

Sometimes the press likes to stir up the heat and maybe its not entirely true. At the same time, if seo really did this, she lacks the EQ to be a champion...

Even if she does become no.1 , everyone's gonna be reminded of this incident and she wont get the respect she deserves among her peers...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:49 am

Begbie wrote:
Sometimes the press likes to stir up the heat and maybe its not entirely true. At the same time, if seo really did this, she lacks the EQ to be a champion...

Even if she does become no.1 , everyone's gonna be reminded of this incident and she wont get the respect she deserves among her peers...

I have to agree. It's a little brash and immature to do that. This is golf, not WWE!
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:49 am

Technospaz wrote:

"Bring it, b!t@h"

I suppose the award's ceremony wasn't followed by an all-out jello/mud fight? Oh.. pity.

If there's any mud fight involved pls invite along azahara munoz, sandra gal, michelle reid, na yeon choi and ai miyazato... slurps...

I doubt yani and seo will bring it the crowd unless u do it at their home country....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:54 am

Begbie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

"Bring it, b!t@h"

If there's any mud fight involved pls invite along azahara munoz, sandra gal, michelle reid, na yeon choi and ai miyazato... slurps...

I doubt yani and seo will bring it the crowd unless u do it at their home country....

Indeed!! Smile
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 am

I dislike arrogant people (especially newbies) who have no respect for those who have achieved higher levels. let TYN teach her a lesson she will never forget.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:59 am

Nothing to it lah... just a little jab and trash talking, all in jest. The camaraderie is strong in LPGA, especially amongst the asian women.

Press got nothing else to write about this week, they're just stirring shit.

I'd like to see Seo bring it on next season, so that the cameras can focus more on her. She's quite a hottie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:02 am

Well, perhaps it's got to be put in context.

If the event was sombre and serious, the context is of a certain tone.

If the event was jovial, alcohol was free flowing, people were jolly, and the MC was cracking a lot of jokes about how Yani was winning everything, and urging the ladies to do something about it, and she issues this 'warning' in jest, got the crowd laughing with her, then the context will of course be totally different.

And of course the press will potray it a certain sensationalist way to get eyeballs.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 am

Quote :
Lee36328 wrote:
Well, perhaps it's got to be put in context.

If the event was sombre and serious, the context is of a certain tone.

If the event was jovial, alcohol was free flowing, people were jolly, and the MC was cracking a lot of jokes about how Yani was winning everything, and urging the ladies to do something about it, and she issues this 'warning' in jest, got the crowd laughing with her, then the context will of course be totally different.

And of course the press will potray it a certain sensationalist way to get eyeballs.

hmmm...so what the somebody said about Tiger was acceptable based on your reasoning...

Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:08 am

Bro, itu lain... That statement had a racial tone to it...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:16 am

botak wrote:
Nothing to it lah... just a little jab and trash talking, all in jest. The camaraderie is strong in LPGA, especially amongst the asian women.

I'd like to see Seo bring it on next season, so that the cameras can focus more on her. She's quite a hottie Very Happy

Come to think of it, yeah, the press can be quite mean at times and may not report the truth. Sensationalize to sell a story.

But with due respect, before making any statement, especially in front of the press, be humble and diplomatic unless you have an impressive past records.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:16 am

Racial tone against hardlined competitiveness is two different context altogether....

Dun mush it up and end up like rojak...we have already so many racial dissent on facebook by singaporeans recently against various races... we don't need another thread here comparing racial slurs against competitive jest as being equal...

Its far and apart..

Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 am

TDO wrote:
botak wrote:

Come to think of it, yeah, the press can be quite mean at times and may not report the truth. Sensationalize to sell a story.

But with due respect, before making any statement, especially in front of the press, be humble and diplomatic unless you have an impressive past records.

I think what Lee commented makes absolute sense, about the mood of the event when Seo made those comments.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:06 am

aim high and go higher is probably her motto. it never hurt to aim high in live, it gets you to places as well.
ou can also be vocal about your aim, but reality is if she didn't deliver in the next few months she will be a laughing stock. It will also put pressure on her game which depending on her personality can be a good or bad thing.

Anyway, good luck to her. I don't foresee Yani going to be eclipse by anyone anytime soon.

A little bit of exitement and emotional mix to the game is never a bad thing as long as it's done fashionably and in good taste Smile Reminded me of Ali.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:09 am

This event was shown (in part) on Golf Channel and i caught the relevant part of Seo's speech.

Seo managed to generate some laughter with her objects in the mirror comment but she did look quite serious when she said "i am here to issue a warning"... and looing straight at Yani when saying all this... she didn't laugh and barely smiled when she issued the 'warning'.

But, Seo is a hottie, and i hope to see more of her Smile

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:15 am

This dragon lady gt balls!!!!!

I likey!

And the media.....wow.....sensational reporting.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 am

Technospaz wrote:

"Bring it, b!t@h"

with Yani currently showing off her "muffin top", it is not something I would want to watch.....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Quote :
botak wrote:

ahhhh...so dez !!!!

sorry....I was under heavy dosage of coconut rice and further compounded with high caffne and thus, was not thinking rite.........

hahahah....just pulling your leg bro...

you still in KL? I am still suffering fm your long drive in Palm Villa last year when we played before Techno went on baby-hibernation
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:29 pm

That is the quality of rookie of the year, young and fearless. I applause for her commitment, at least she dares to say it out publicly. Who don't want to be No.1 when you are playing on tour?
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
botak wrote:

ahhhh...so dez !!!!

sorry....I was under heavy dosage of coconut rice and further compounded with high caffne and thus, was not thinking rite.........

hahahah....just pulling your leg bro...

you still in KL? I am still suffering fm your long drive in Palm Villa last year when we played before Techno went on baby-hibernation

Were u also on heavy dosage of coconut rice and caffine that time in Palm Villa? Since when I got long drives??

I'm also currently on baby-hibernation Very Happy When you coming up to KL la? I'll come out from baby-hibernation, just for you
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Botak, MAY be in KL first week of Jan. Thinking of bringing clubs. On?
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Dammit!... I'm in Singapore that week for meetings la No
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:33 pm

botak wrote:
Dammit!... I'm in Singapore that week for meetings la No

You don't want to play with me, just say so. Don't need to cross causeway to run.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:37 pm

NBZ Evil or Very Mad Old fren, like that wan meh?? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big headed ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big headed ?   Big headed ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big headed ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next