Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HC Process

Go down 
+7
pushslice
Dan5
Bangla123
samT
sandkie
FelixTeh
joshyo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Hello people, been thinking of taking my HC sometime soon but im kinda confused and need to clarify somethings.

A friend told me that to get my HC, i will have to get PC first and meanwhile collect 5x 18 holes score card or 10x 9 holes scorecard before the courtesy round.

Just yesterday, i mailed Jhan about the HC thingy he posted in (i forgotten which section) and he says there is no need for PC and i can just take HC straight. But to get my HC wouldnt i need the score cards etc, and the only way to get on the course in the first place would be to have a PC no? So no matter what i would still need a PC?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
FelixTeh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:56 pm

PC is like your highway code, you need it to learn how to play golf or rather the license for you to go to the green to learn. However, if you are already playing on the course regulary, you can skip the PC and go for the HC.

You should go for a courtesy round with Justin, he will assess your play and if you are ok with no major fault, Muru golf will issue a provisional HC, with it you can play on most of the courses in SGP.

Hope my little knowledge helps....
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Ohhh okay, thx Felix. Well so far i've only played on excutive courses.. Those dont count toward handicap 10 x 9 holes right? Managed to barely smoke my way thru when they ask for pc. Well theres always the swing test i can take to play 18 holes right?
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Or play in johor courses. Most of them no need pc.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks people!

Two more questions, when i collect those score cards, need to collect the receipts too ah?
and am i able to mix those cards i collect, like 2x 18 holes and 6 x 9 holes..
Back to top Go down
FelixTeh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Josh, to my understanding (might be wrong) exe courses cannot be used. As for receipts, it depends on which center you signed up with for the HC.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 pm

LoL All this while i thought the 9 holes were referring to executive... Until today when i was staring at the website for NSRCC and realized there was this option to play 9 holes...
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:21 am

FelixTeh wrote:
PC is like your highway code, you need it to learn how to play golf or rather the license for you to go to the green to learn. However, if you are already playing on the course regulary, you can skip the PC and go for the HC.

You should go for a courtesy round with Justin, he will assess your play and if you are ok with no major fault, Muru golf will issue a provisional HC, with it you can play on most of the courses in SGP.

I was told PC is quite uniquely Singapore. Very Happy

Anyway, just to share what I know about HC. There is actually no such thing as a "Provisional HC". I don't think SGA actually recognises it.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:42 am

Nobody seems to want to be straight with you .

1. Get 5 score cards from glif cses with a USDA slope rating etc ..
2. Of course preferably you play those 5 times
3. Usually bo receipt required unless of course you lie on your scorecard or did not even play
4. Pay for your handicap maintenance / insurance

Pc Is "bull crap" created by some golf schools to just to be certain that you can play golf without killing anyone at limited liabilty,

But obviously get your swing in check so you don't kill anyone on the course

Hope it helps
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:24 am

The easiest way to play the 18 holes course without PC is go to Marinabay Golf course, take a swing test and you will be able to play. Collect 5 cards from MBGC and you can submit for HC. Malaysia course is another option. cheers
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Bangla123 wrote:

3. Usually bo receipt required unless of course you lie on your scorecard or did not even play

Pc Is "bull crap" created by some golf schools to just to be certain that you can play golf without killing anyone at limited liabilty,

Hope it helps

Now that was certainly useful. Thx
Back to top Go down
FelixTeh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:14 pm

samT wrote:
FelixTeh wrote:

I was told PC is quite uniquely Singapore. Very Happy

Anyway, just to share what I know about HC. There is actually no such thing as a "Provisional HC". I don't think SGA actually recognises it.

Sam me have limited knowledge but you can check jhan posting
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:31 pm

I brought my dad from Jkt to play at MBGC on a weekday..he has no handicap. Just passed the swing test, and paid 10 bucks.

so you can play there to get your 5 scorecards.

but still must follow etiquette and play safe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wizardofoz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
wizardofoz

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Ask around and im sure you will get to know some golf course in Singapore are pretty lenient in checking for a valid hdcp or PC as long you can swing decently with all the safety aspect in play and don't affect pace of play.

So i don't think the getting the score card thingy is any issue

Back to top Go down
yhzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Bangla123 wrote:

Hope it helps

Good info...

unfortunately, the 'bull crap' is recognised by some clubs that still insist on seeing at least the PC before allowing one to play (MBGC is the only exception, i think). so without a pc, it's quite difficult to collect enough score cards... at least locally...

on a side note, if my PC is expiring but i am not good enough to get HC yet, any recommendation on what i can do? Sad HELP
Back to top Go down
henrychiahb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
henrychiahb

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:03 pm

yhzhuo wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:

Hope it helps

Good info...

unfortunately, the 'bull crap' is recognised by some clubs that still insist on seeing at least the PC before allowing one to play (MBGC is the only exception, i think). so without a pc, it's quite difficult to collect enough score cards... at least locally...

on a side note, if my PC is expiring but i am not good enough to get HC yet, any recommendation on what i can do? Sad HELP

you don't need to be pro to get HC, the point of PC is on basic etiquette and rules and regulation as a general in the green. further more every club have their own house rules so PC is like singapore CP (code of practice) "good to have but not necessary to follow" hahahahaha, during PC they will show and train you on your swing, as long as you know all these you can go for HC. in HC they don't require your driver to hit 210-250 or wood 3 to go 180........ nothing of this. it is just basic general etiquette and rules and regulation plus you can swing properly, without hitting human or damaging property. there you go, you can go for HC

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 pm

yhzhuo wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:

Hope it helps

Good info...

Hi YH,

In a HC test, or courtesy round, it is not completely about the score or playing ability.

What is much more important is:

1) Safety and awareness, i.e. are u a hazard on the course to yourself or others.
2) Course etiquette, i.e. Do you know how to take care of the course and consider the impact of your behavior and play on others around you
3) Pace of play and general playability, can you maintain a generally acceptable pace of play and have a decent understanding of how to play the game
4) Understanding of basic rules of golf, i.e. drop in the right place, how to count score, etc

No one is expecting a beginner to only hit good shots or play below a certain score. That might be objective, but it is a very harsh way to test. In general, if you have been playing social golf locally or overseas and have covered about 15-20 full games, you should be more than ready to take your HC test.

Please PM me if you need more info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HC Process Empty
PostSubject: Re: HC Process   HC Process I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HC Process
Page 1 of 1