Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? Empty
PostSubject: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:04 am

on days where i couldn't sleep like today.. i juz wish that there's a 24hrs range in spore.
then i can just go and whack some balls.. hehehehhe
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:39 am

looking at the time... i totally second your tots... i tink the lates is Bishan right?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:39 am

I'm fortunate that near my house, there's a range that's kept open by the night watchman/ball seller/drinks seller until the last person leaves. Once, I left at 3:00 am, and there were people around who stayed until 5:00 am.
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 am

Bro Lee - u gotta tell me where is this place man..
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:16 am

Cyrano wrote:
Bro Lee - u gotta tell me where is this place man..

Bro Cyrano,

w my apologies, should have made it clear. It's in Sunway, at Subang, Malaysia, unfortunately. It's probably too expensive to keep it open 24hrs in Singapore, and may require some permits, etc.

In this range, the watchman is just supposed to keep the place locked up, but because so many hardcore range addicts refuse to go home at closing time, the establishment found they can keep the business going by giving the watchman some boxes of balls and water to sell. So he keeps the lights on until the last person leaves.
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 am

in this aspect... Malaysia Boleh!!!

too bad its a long drive from some range session for us here in sg
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:11 pm

i don tink permit is an issue.. maybe more of cost issue.

Perhaps Poh Bros can do a trial at their Punggol Range?.. perhaps on Fridays and Saturdays first?. hehehe
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:45 pm

I am pretty sure the electricity cost of the lights from extending operating hours is much more than the revenue generated from a couple of guys who stay late based on Singapore rates.

Not sure what is happening at Sunway ... maybe some arrangement about the electricity prices, but in Singapore, definitely lose big money running the floodlights through the night for just a few guys ....
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 pm

time to get innovative then.. maybe don need to use floodlights.. use glow in the dark balls.. and luminous distance signs.. hehehehe
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Actually I will be happy to able to hit balls into nets. Just want to get solid contact for every shot. The ball flight is secondary at my level. Surely that is not too expensive to run a joint like that.
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:18 pm

nrafee.. let's talk joint venture here.. u supply the capital.. i supply the MAP (manpower, admin and paperwork).. hahahahha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?   Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't you juz wish there's a 24hrs range in spore?
Page 1 of 1