Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods

Go down 
+3
Batman
Tituman
Wu Song
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wu Song
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Wu Song

Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods Empty
PostSubject: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi guys,

Any advice for the closest replacement you can get for TM R7 TP woods from the current models in the market, including other brands? I like the head size and the sound of it when it strikes a ball. The feel is good.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Bro, I don't understand leh. If you like it so much, why bother to get something similar to it? Just continue to use it. Unless of course the driver you are used to when kaput like cracked or shaft broke. Any particular reason for wanting to change??? Just curious titu.
Back to top Go down
Wu Song
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Wu Song

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey bro... my friend swung my 5 woods at Mandai and hit the pillar accidentally on a practice backswing. So... sigh..... and the fairway woods is about 5yrs old already. Since I keep a 3 and a 5 woods in my bag, I thought it is time to launch a quest for a set of woods, though with some reluctance. I am already so used to the head size and impact sound and I tried 2nd hand market but can't find any. Golfsmith does not ship pre owned club overseas. I have kinda lost touch with the fairway Woods market so i thought some kind advisors here may have some ideas... Thus any suggestions if much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:59 pm

I guess feel is very subjective. Personally, its a matter of getting use, again. So why not just get a reasonable priced one n play to it?

Just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Closest in my opinion is either te 909 or te 910FD
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:50 pm

i had the r7 st (not tp) and my current 910f is pretty close in head profile and sound. cant comment on ball flight, I couldn't hit woods at all back then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:59 pm

I love my wood now.... Back to a super shallow face!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:15 pm

cobra shallow meh?

if this trend continues, i may just have a carbon copy of your witb.

so far wedges, putter and now irons, i followed you! Laughing
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:59 pm

pushslice wrote:
cobra shallow meh?

if this trend continues, i may just have a carbon copy of your witb.

so far wedges, putter and now irons, i followed you! Laughing

U go see the baffler rail... easy to launch. Not as long as the 910 but i am not complaining. Its comparable with Pings but at half the price. But i got to say the Adams hybrid in my bag is also solid.
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 pm

panji hows ur wedges?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:24 pm

kian wrote:
panji hows ur wedges?

Bro... 14 cannot make it lah... go get MPR12..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:49 pm

lol! will try to find time go check out the 14...OCC is transview too?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 pm

14 functions very well. but I like the feel of the MPT11. Shipping on its way here Laughing

kian, you wanna try? take mine. but I use harmonics so its heavier than std.

sorry Topic OFF to wedges kekekeke
Back to top Go down
Wu Song
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Wu Song

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Batman wrote:
I guess feel is very subjective. Personally, its a matter of getting use, again. So why not just get a reasonable priced one n play to it?

Just my 2 cents...

I know it is subjective but I guess I will try the Titleist on their demo day. I know the Titleist is steel face but how is it different from titanium?
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:44 pm

pushslice wrote:
14 functions very well. but I like the feel of the MPT11. Shipping on its way here Laughing

kian, you wanna try? take mine. but I use harmonics so its heavier than std.

sorry Topic OFF to wedges kekekeke

sell me ur v5 lol
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:07 am

Hi Wu Song,

Have you made a trip to Far East yet? Sometimes there are hidden treasures there waiting to be unearthed ...
Back to top Go down
Wu Song
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Wu Song

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:07 am

Ohh... thanks for the reminder. I will make a trip there when I am back from Taipei... But I thought chances are slim... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods   Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a similar or close to replacement for TM R7 TP woods
Page 1 of 1