Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)

Go down 
+3
andrew-golf
nientsu
Shanks!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) Empty
PostSubject: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 am

Hi,

I have been reading up dave pelz recently and trying to set up the 3x4 in his book to see if I can improve my terrible short game.

64deg: I can't find a 64 deg wedge anywhere in SG. Not at GH for the new MP-R, not at PW for Cally x-jaws.
Does any one have any experience with the 64 deg wedge and can share?

Wedge carrier: Does any one know if something like that even exists? It certainly would help to manage the 4 wedges and potentially a putter. Especially when buggy is on track!

Shanks!
PS: Desperately need to improve my short game.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:49 am

Bro

No one sells a 64 wedge because its so difficult to handle. On tour, only phil uses it. Because of the loft, you require nothing short of the clean strike to get the ball up as your margin of error at impact is so thin. If not, you will shank.

IMHO, 64 wedge is not for people who need help on their short game. Its more for people whose short game is like the one phil michelson has.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:07 am

i had a 64deg vokey....

sold it away.. got it from 3balls

but does a 64deg wedge reallly improve short game??

Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:11 am

i found one so easily...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIZUNO-MP-T-11-BLACK-NICKEL-64-LOB-WEDGE-STEEL-/360400164570?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item53e98616da
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:12 am

another one... vokey... better condition...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TITLEIST-VOKEY-SPIN-MILLED-TOUR-CHROME-09-64-LOB-WEDGE-/230684616847?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item35b5dfe88f
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:13 am

oh man... i need to go confess my sins... i jus helped another forumer buy things potentially...

Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
michael yong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michael yong

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 am

andrew-golf wrote:
i found one so easily...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIZUNO-MP-T-11-BLACK-NICKEL-64-LOB-WEDGE-STEEL-/360400164570?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item53e98616da

haha bro, I'm the 1st bidder ytd Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:03 am

michael yong wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
i found one so easily...

haha bro, I'm the 1st bidder ytd Laughing Laughing Laughing

wahahahahahahhaahhahaaaaaa

bro can piggy back a wedge together?

Aiyah!!! Cannot!!!! i cannot buy!!!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
michael yong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michael yong

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am

haha I tot u got crab business....
no prob if I got the bid
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:06 am

y don u buy and u sell me ur miura wedges? Can i have first option?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:08 am

nientsu wrote:

can..

can i also collect the cost of 3 X 1.6kg crabs at jumbo from you first...

No No No
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:13 am

u alone eat??? 1.6 kg very heavy. Just concerned as i fear for your cholesterol levels. Insurance premiums will be high le......No
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:16 am

andrew-golf wrote:
nientsu wrote:

can..

No No No

You are swimming in dangerous waters!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:17 am

I eat with kookk, Getz, slinger, Seiko n a few others. Need many brothers and sisters to finish. Lol
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:18 am

nientsu wrote:
u alone eat??? 1.6 kg very heavy. Just concerned as i fear for your cholesterol levels. Insurance premiums will be high le......No

Insurance to him is cheap stuff!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:24 am

Kookk wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
nientsu wrote:

can..

No No No

You are swimming in dangerous waters!

Hee
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:38 pm

nientsu wrote:
Bro

No one sells a 64 wedge because its so difficult to handle. On tour, only phil uses it. Because of the loft, you require nothing short of the clean strike to get the ball up as your margin of error at impact is so thin. If not, you will shank.

IMHO, 64 wedge is not for people who need help on their short game. Its more for people whose short game is like the one phil michelson has.

Thanks Bro,

According to Pelz, it is not as difficult, but our own fear makes our body compensate for it and thus the mishits. It says in the book that you should even try to hit it off hard pan; just close your eyes!

And (according to Pelz again), the reason why the pros are not carrying more wedges is that they are too attached to their long clubs. But if it is scoring that you are after, more options in the wedge range is much more valuable than options in the long range, as chance are that you will anyway not be close enough to 1 putt.

I don't know what to believe until I get to try it for myself, that's where the availability of the 64deg comes up. After all, Pelz is one of the best short game instructor in this world, so I'll give it a try.

So, for the moment, I am putting my explorations on the hybrids on hold and figure out if his wedge concepts work for me.

And shank is after all, my middle name. rabbit

Shanks!
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:48 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
i had a 64deg vokey....

sold it away.. got it from 3balls

but does a 64deg wedge reallly improve short game??

Wow, the thread changed into quite something else within a morning. Smile

Well, I am not sure if it will really improve, but I guess I will never know if I don't try it out. So here I am.

looking for it in SG lah. Want to keep it simple. Don't intend to ship one from the states.

Shanks!
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:52 pm

hacker like myself dont use the long irons (anything above 6i is just shoot and hope...very dangerous where a slight off line results in bunker, water or in the rough) so got lots of space for wedge. very good for those 1/2 or 3/4 swing from inside 50, in the rough and need to go over the hill or bunker and stop after a few bounce (as u can see, i miss the green a lot, i even miss the bunkers!!!!! and go even further left or right).

Better players dont miss the green so much (most times its hit the green and roll out) so the 64 wedge is kinda useless at that situation.

If u find urself in the rough a lot, need to hit over trees, bunkers, hills, the 64 is good. many times made me look like a pro, hitting a high shot over a bunker and the ball stop after a few bounce (instead of landing on the green and rolling out on the other side)

Keeps the game fun for hackers. Dont need to open face of ur 56 or 60 like the pros (make the shot much more difficult)

Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Den wait for Michael Yong to sell his. Wahaha
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:50 pm

tronos wrote:
hacker like myself dont use the long irons (anything above 6i is just shoot and hope...very dangerous where a slight off line results in bunker, water or in the rough) so got lots of space for wedge. very good for those 1/2 or 3/4 swing from inside 50, in the rough and need to go over the hill or bunker and stop after a few bounce (as u can see, i miss the green a lot, i even miss the bunkers!!!!! and go even further left or right).

Better players dont miss the green so much (most times its hit the green and roll out) so the 64 wedge is kinda useless at that situation.

If u find urself in the rough a lot, need to hit over trees, bunkers, hills, the 64 is good. many times made me look like a pro, hitting a high shot over a bunker and the ball stop after a few bounce (instead of landing on the green and rolling out on the other side)

Keeps the game fun for hackers. Dont need to open face of ur 56 or 60 like the pros (make the shot much more difficult)

Yeah, that's what I thought. To keep the parameters down to a minimum. Which 64 wedge are you using and where did you get them?

Or would you be willing to let yours go? Wink

Shanks!
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:55 pm

i'm willing to sell my 62 and 64...

62 is callaway and 64 is titleist
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 pm

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)   64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

64 deg wedge and wedge carrier (?)
Page 1 of 1