Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for VW Touran Owners

Go down 
+5
asahi
wolverine
Roystonnn
eiji
Quest
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

Question for VW Touran Owners Empty
PostSubject: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm thinking of getting this MPV but wondering if 3 golf bags would fit into the 3rd row of folded-down seats.

In addition, any reliability issues on the car?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Bring golf bags to the showroom and try it out for yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Mayb u can check with brothers on vags forum.
There r many touran owners n alot of toks in reliability. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:57 pm

It will be best to ask the salesman at the showroom cos the last time was there

for the Jetta launch, they actually have 3 golf bag on hand to show that it can be loaded

inside the boot of the Jetta.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 pm

The question should not be golf bags but rather reliability.

My army mate's Golf spent more time in workshop than on the road.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Roystonnn wrote:

Hi Bro Quest

Here the link, think you have to register first.

http://www.vagsg.com/

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 pm

wolverine wrote:
Roystonnn wrote:

Hi Bro Quest

Here the link, think you have to register first.

http://www.vagsg.com/

Cheers

Thx bro Laughing Will check it up.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:18 am

I tot of buying the Touran when I was looking out for a MPV. PERSONALLY, the Touran cant make it... Really 'compact' & if you compare the front of the Touran w/ the VW van... u see some resemblance ie. Van body/design. The seat adjusting is also troublesome.
And most importantly, cant even fit a golf bag if you put it across, have to put diagonally.
I went for the Japanese instead..... Smile my personal views only!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:47 am

peace2903 wrote:
I tot of buying the Touran when I was looking out for a MPV. PERSONALLY, the Touran cant make it... Really 'compact' & if you compare the front of the Touran w/ the VW van... u see some resemblance ie. Van body/design. The seat adjusting is also troublesome.
And most importantly, cant even fit a golf bag if you put it across, have to put diagonally.

Like wise... I settled for a 2nd hand Picnic. Can fit up to 6 -7 bags!!!!! Can you imagine the space!!!

Of course, you cant compare a 14km per ltr vs 9km per ltr. Touran probably have the best mileage amongst all mini and mid MPVs.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:18 am

peace2903 wrote:
I tot of buying the Touran when I was looking out for a MPV. PERSONALLY, the Touran cant make it... Really 'compact' & if you compare the front of the Touran w/ the VW van... u see some resemblance ie. Van body/design.

Totally agree about the looks of the Touran. I was looking at a Touran, Citroen Grand Picasso and Peugeot too back in March, and simply cannot stand the body & design of the Touran even though it's the most economical of the lot. Ended up with the Peugeot 5008.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:50 am

Agree with the design n the reliability is an issue.
Y not go with the Wish, Stream or any other small mpv.. Nicer n long lastin. Hehe
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:03 am

Khorkar wrote:
peace2903 wrote:

Like wise... I settled for a 2nd hand Picnic. Can fit up to 6 -7 bags!!!!! Can you imagine the space!!!

Of course, you cant compare a 14km per ltr vs 9km per ltr. Touran probably have the best mileage amongst all mini and mid MPVs.

That's because the Touran is 1.4L Turbo while the Picnic is a 2L. But I think 4 bags no problem from what I saw at the showroom some time ago.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 am

Hehe...I dun like my bags stacked on top of each other... Smile especially I use standbags & my kakis use Cart bags!
When I ask the VW sales abt golf bags, they themselves are not too convinced, diverts me back to their attributes instead.

Every vehicle has its pros & cons & BUDGET, & looking that it may have to last u for 10 yrs - Make a choice that u will not regret...too much! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:18 am

Mine no problem with 5 bags. Hee! Hee! But still prefer 4 bags.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for VW Touran Owners   Question for VW Touran Owners I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for VW Touran Owners
Page 1 of 1