Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole

Go down 
+7
S70B
shorthitter
Duval_S
jurongtiger
Technospaz
4dtoto
Lamts18
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole Empty
PostSubject: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Quote from PGATour.com

"The young Tennessean had just four-putted the final hole while playing in the final group of the final round of the BMW Championship. With the triple bogey, he fell from 28th in the FedExCup standings to 32nd so he won't be playing in THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola, after all. "

Unquote

His 4 putts within 10 feet .... must have cost him a lot of money... even top pros can make mistakes like us mere folks ....
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:20 pm

I saw that hole on TV, really really surprising..pity him...Now not in top 30 some more..Aiyoh...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:22 pm

But i'm sure he will bounce back ... he still young ...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:24 pm

saw a documentary on him...look like a nice guy..If were him, the golf ball will be sitting in the bottom of the lake now. i will make sure, nobody will be able to pick it up and play. Sent the ball into teh 18th level of Hell and never see daylight again..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:47 pm

I can feel the pain!!!

Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Really a pain to watch .... my heart goes out to him ...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Lamts18 wrote:

The good thing is that this makes the tour and game more real for newbies like us. Even the pros are prone to such errors. Painful as it seems, they are only human and fallible. I feel bad for Brandt but I'm sure he's not the only pro who has bungled up and won't be the last.

This one hurts just as much, if not way way more:

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:10 pm

This one is just as bad:

Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
Quote from PGATour.com

"The young Tennessean had just four-putted the final hole while playing in the final group of the final round of the BMW Championship. With the triple bogey, he fell from 28th in the FedExCup standings to 32nd so he won't be playing in THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola, after all. "

Unquote

His 4 putts within 10 feet .... must have cost him a lot of money... even top pros can make mistakes like us mere folks ....

I read he won 1 million less cos of that
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:54 pm

The last nite golf channel covered this too..fm them, apparently Mr.Schenker actually were told that he can afford bogey and still make it to the next tourney.....then he relax and lost focus....ie take things for granted liao....the rest is history lor...missed the next tourney.

OK....next time, I will not assume my 15ft putt will go in.....with one single putt
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 pm

FYI....Mr.Rotella or Nuttella..some mind-guru, did say that one should focus on the shot at present ...live in the present...
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

The good thing is that this makes the tour and game more real for newbies like us. Even the pros are prone to such errors. Painful as it seems, they are only human and fallible. I feel bad for Brandt but I'm sure he's not the only pro who has bungled up and won't be the last.

This one hurts just as much, if not way way more:

I just shot 77 95 86 in the Presidents Cup at Warren.... Sad my clubs are now all in pieces... golf will level us all that is why we keep trying..... not me anymore!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Duval_S wrote:
The last nite golf channel covered this too..fm them, apparently Mr.Schenker actually were told that he can afford bogey and still make it to the next tourney.....then he relax and lost focus....ie take things for granted liao....the rest is history lor...missed the next tourney.

OK....next time, I will not assume my 15ft putt will go in.....with one single putt

Ya, i think that was why.

And the adrenaline coming to a low coming to the last hole in the last game and you sitting pretty well near the top.

I think he took it a bit too easy at the 3rd putt, after missing the second which should be a "given".

Can see his expression after he finished the hole, still thinking and recollecting his thoughts on what he had just done with the triple.... stunned
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:28 pm

shorthitter wrote:

I just shot 77 95 86 in the Presidents Cup at Warren.... Sad my clubs are now all in pieces... golf will level us all that is why we keep trying..... not me anymore!! Very Happy

Would you be interested in a set of 2007 X Forged irons? tongue
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:35 pm

S70B wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Would you be interested in a set of 2007 X Forged irons? tongue

wah allen, wat happen? not enuff beer? or the new driver still not singing? Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:56 pm

shorthitter wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. It happens to the best of us. The right thing to do is to put it behind you and press ahead anew.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:33 am

It was just one of those things, to play "top level golf" you need to play all the time, for me at least, playing 1 event every 2 months I am just not sharp enough.

More practice needed that is the bottom line... and play at least once a week with other Pro's for a few dollars...

And yes KopiO I commited a cardinal sin, I had a driver that was working well, then the new one arrived and I got Eric to put my old shaft in and took it out without trial, and it cost me...

Silly part the one that was working is locked in the office and I had no key to get it out..

Comedy of errors really..... Very Happy

The greens were running at 12, and some pins were just silly places, but having said that my putting saved me from shooting 100.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:44 am

Being the optimistic me-self....I say 'There is hope for mortals like me'....just kidding....

My motto for the year " I will aspire and perspire till Expire "
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:49 am

Duval_S wrote:
Being the optimistic me-self....I say 'There is hope for mortals like me'....just kidding....

My motto for the year " I will aspire and perspire till Expire "

Good motto ... no need to expire though ... Razz
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:49 am

AK, it takes a real man to say what you just said (plus posting your score).

you have my utmost respect for that.

i am sure you will live to fight another day.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:56 am

Actually on posting score...just want to share that SSG has this pretty cool feature on their site.....all scores are shared ie public accessible....

Meaning...you can see my score....my plead: Pls sit tight becos don want you to laugh till drop when you see mine....sian half
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:08 am

SH,

you make us wonder what the rest of us here will shoot if you did that.

I shot 100 in a Premiere League Game at TMCC Tampines years ago. Even my Ex-Captain was laughing at my score. Had a phobia and didn't dare touch that course till I had a round w Lamts18, DGman and Shotah last month.

You will conquer the place again....ask icebocc to go easy on you with the pin positions.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks Eric, as bad as I was feeling I kept thinking about the bloke that jumped off our roof, and thinking "it is only a game" .

Funny Rex going into the event I was striking the ball really well, played a couple of games at Laguna and very happy... got to excited I guess..

The Pin positions were not a problem cos I had 20 shots before I even got to them.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:16 am

S70B wrote:
SH,

I shot 100 in a Premiere League Game at TMCC Tampines years ago. Even my Ex-Captain was laughing at my score. Had a phobia and didn't dare touch that course till I had a round w Lamts18, DGman and Shotah last month.

You will conquer the place again....ask icebocc to go easy on you with the pin positions.

And you played well at Tampines .... Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 am

Lamts18 wrote:
S70B wrote:
SH,

And you played well at Tampines .... Smile

Mr Lam, not as well as I was suppose to as we still lost money to a recovering-from-his-surgery poison master and his tag team partner. White Flag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole   Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor Brandt Snedeker . Triple bogey at the last hole
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next