Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

December Golf Game in Bangkok!

Go down 
+6
dmateo
slinger
mengteck71
Bangla123
jwing
Newtogolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

December Golf Game in Bangkok! Empty
PostSubject: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:35 pm

This is for mengteck71, slinger and all of you who may be coming to Bangkok in December~

Anyway, I've been working here quite sometime now and had picked up golf in Bangkok about a year ago when I was working here.

If you guys or anyone is coming over in December, we can all meetup and have a game. There are a couple of nice courses here that I can recommend that's reasonable in cost and service but not too far from the hotels as well. December is a relatively good time to play golf here since the weather is relatively cool and there's little rain. Perhaps the only hair-scratching moment is when the winds rise.

December is also peak period season for golf here so its advisable to book courses early to avoid getting jammed up by other flights, daylight is also relatively short (sun starts setting at about 1645H and it gets dark by about 1830H). My personal advice would be to tee-off very early.

Chat more here!
Back to top Go down
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:04 am

Hi,

mind to share what are some of yr recommended course around Bangkok and the rates ??
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:20 am

Royal Bangkok golf club provides a pretty solid challenge
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 5:13 am

Newtogolf,

Thanks for this thread. Will talk to wife abt this. She is shy playing with 'strangers' as she always worried she might delay others.. If we already decided, will prep her more to let her gain confidence.. Starting by watching Birdie Buddy (korean drama) Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:15 pm

MT,

if i manage to go BBK, i usually take the morning flight, say 8am or 10am, reach BBK by noon, then proceed to play 1 round of golf in the airport area........like lakewood, thana city, green valley, windmill etc

after golf, the proceed to go bbk city n check in hotel....

next day, go shopping (MBK, pranutam, siam center etc) n massage later...

2nd day, mayb try lam luh ka, muang kaew, windmill... some of the better reasonable courses.... the afternoon shopping n massage

last day, play morning golf at those courses near the airport again, then fly off at 4pm....

newtogolf..... ok for u?? i need to earn some brownies points 1st with wife before can confirm....
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:06 pm

slinger wrote:
MT,

if i manage to go BBK, i usually take the morning flight, say 8am or 10am, reach BBK by noon, then proceed to play 1 round of golf in the airport area........like lakewood, thana city, green valley, windmill etc

after golf, the proceed to go bbk city n check in hotel....

next day, go shopping (MBK, pranutam, siam center etc) n massage later...

2nd day, mayb try lam luh ka, muang kaew, windmill... some of the better reasonable courses.... the afternoon shopping n massage

last day, play morning golf at those courses near the airport again, then fly off at 4pm....

newtogolf..... ok for u?? i need to earn some brownies points 1st with wife before can confirm....
No problem for me as long as your second or last day falls on a Saturday, Sunday or the following 2 public holidays:
- 5 December (Monday)
- 12 December (Monday)

I'm fine with any of these courses. There are a couple of great courses around as well, just 30mins from the usual shopping spots in the city centre.

Just confirm with me the dates, courses and the estimated timings again (preferably earlier, cos the Japanese and Korean tourists arrive by the busloads affraid ) and I'll just give them a ring to book. Morning tee-off is recommended as we don't get long hours of daylight in Bangkok during December.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:09 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
Newtogolf,

Thanks for this thread. Will talk to wife abt this. She is shy playing with 'strangers' as she always worried she might delay others.. If we already decided, will prep her more to let her gain confidence.. Starting by watching Birdie Buddy (korean drama) Smile
No problems. I'm a very patient person by nature. In fact, I'd use the time to think through the next shot instead as if the whole flight's too rushed, I'll end up panicking and playing extremely absurd scores instead.

Golf should be a leisure sport not a rushed one, its not "Golf Race Formula 1". lol! ROFL lol! ROFL
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:54 pm

12 Dec (monday) is public holiday there? cool
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:40 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
12 Dec (monday) is public holiday there? cool
Yup. At least I know there are 2 Mondays in December where I can play golf without applying for leave! ROFL
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:47 pm

wont it be crowded during public holiday ?
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:53 pm

dmateo wrote:
wont it be crowded during public holiday ?
Not necessarily.

On the contrary, if we're talking about public holidays and the next day is a working day, there may not be as many people (barring any tourists already here).
Back to top Go down
hwdq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:05 am

Thai country club is pretty nice in terms of course layout, fairway/green, buggy condition.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:15 am

hwdq wrote:
Thai country club is pretty nice in terms of course layout, fairway/green, buggy condition.
You joining in for December golf too? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:44 am

what is the criteria for joining? By invite, by sponsorship, by qualification....

Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:57 am

looks like i won't be golfing.. but still going there from 9-14.. will try to convince her to let me golf at least two games.. pray....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:26 pm

MT,
Your convincing plan is that if you are to leave as early as 5am to play, you should be back to hotel by 11am... The morning starts with 6am tee off. You have ample of time to do other stuff for the rest of the day.

Choose the clubs that is near to City, ie. Krungthep Kreta, Unico, Royal, Lakewood or Windmill.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Note that in Dec, there is a lot of korean and japanese visitors... if you play beyond 7am, then you have a looooooong wait.

Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Khorkar wrote:
MT,
Your convincing plan is that if you are to leave as early as 5am to play, you should be back to hotel by 11am... The morning starts with 6am tee off. You have ample of time to do other stuff for the rest of the day.

Choose the clubs that is near to City, ie. Krungthep Kreta, Unico, Royal, Lakewood or Windmill.

then i will be a walking zombie carrying her shopping bags... lol
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:12 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
MT,

make that 2 zombies......
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Day time zoomies..nite time devil...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 pm

slinger wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
MT,

make that 2 zombies......

aiyo... you will still be zombies anyway... so make it worthwhile with games...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December Golf Game in Bangkok!   December Golf Game in Bangkok! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December Golf Game in Bangkok!
Page 1 of 1