Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTL ...about rough....

Go down 
+4
duffader
mox
Lee36328
Duval_S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

WTL ...about rough.... Empty
PostSubject: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:53 pm

this is a placeholder

since there are already so many professionals ....and also we have golf fitters....and then we have golf 'online' instructors...and the many golfing 'reptile'

But I realize there was one missing key role.......THE ROUGH EXPERT...and I will like to take the lead here

So...STAY TUNE...I will be posting pics ..the ROUGH of all kinds on this thread to share with all !!!!

BTW.....' WTL ' = Want To Learn
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Oh, for a moment there, I thot WTL = Wa TL, as in Wa TL about rough.

Which was a very understandable sentiment. I also TL about the rough in some of the courses.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm

i thought exactly the same thing! haha.. many people TL about rough...

ok looking forward to some education on playing from rough!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Lay up, dun cheong....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:58 pm

I find myself slicing the ball if I hit it out of the rough at full strength. So, I try to now play to half-3/4 swing and look more towards getting it safe than to chiong.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 pm

For a while, I Thot my BB wants to 'loot' (hokkien) the rough.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Is it better to use a 6 iron to punch the ball out of deep rough (something like a chip and run) than to use a wedge to 'loft' it out? cuz i find that trying to 'loft' it out usually results in too much height and too little distance (for me, at least).

some advice and thoughts on when is more appropriate for which type of shot out of rough (assuming distance to green is anywhere between 20 to 50 metres) would be really appreciated.

Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:11 pm

I hate rough. Some rough are so thick that they grab my club when I am trying to swing them and most of the time slice the ball bcos it forces my club to open. Being a female does not help as don't have strength to whack it out. Was told that in situation like this...just punch out.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm

mox wrote:
Is it better to use a 6 iron to punch the ball out of deep rough (something like a chip and run) than to use a wedge to 'loft' it out? cuz i find that trying to 'loft' it out usually results in too much height and too little distance (for me, at least).

some advice and thoughts on when is more appropriate for which type of shot out of rough (assuming distance to green is anywhere between 20 to 50 metres) would be really appreciated.

Such distance, I sure chiong. Punch, no way the ball is gng to stick plus u can't control the distance. Unless it's like more than 150m, then punch is better.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:45 pm

The thing is you need to setup with the club level with the ball base and not the top of the rough. Distance lost is guaranteed, so don't attack if there are hazard (water, bunker), better be safe then sorry at least you have the ball positioning control with lay up.

Of course when you're betting big big and one down at last hole, then cheong lah, nothing to loose what ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTL ...about rough....   WTL ...about rough.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTL ...about rough....
Page 1 of 1