Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inner Strength in Black and White

Go down 
+27
mowen
frosTEE
markteo
Yarra
chinchiachun
blee67
pushslice
Kookk
guy013
shamusan
morganoh
nicasio
Lee36328
alvin7379
JonL_TK
4dtoto
drawbias
slinger
kian
duffader
acidic88
asahi
mengteck71
eiji
BabyCroc
Loudmouth
DGman
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Just when I thought my Miyazaki C Gua/Burner combo was good. I was proven wrong tonight. ........Finalllyyyyyyyy........loaded the devilish shaft into my Superfast TP head on 250 cpm!
cheers

Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 6329195196_8e6d7a6a92_z[/url]

Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 6329197768_47f5aefd26_z

Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 6328441933_15021df72b_z [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/14705531@N02/6328441933/]

After getting it, whole afternoon was itching to try it and lots of wonderful visions of perfectly flighted drives came into my mind,

Boy, it did not disappoint! This is one hot shaft to go with the burner head!
Smooth transition on the downswing, followed by a feel of hotness off the driver face and then......pheeeeeee.....drive was just piercing down the range.
Whoa! This shaft is as good as I thot it would be.

Now only thing left is to test it out on the course over the weekend...and I can hardly wait!

Kudos to DGman and his merry man at the Den for this lovely piece of WMD! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:05 pm

wow...i wanna have a go at your superfast!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:06 pm

No problem Eiji!

Can arrange. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:43 pm

this shaft with i20 sure damn nice.and a silver ferule...
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:50 am

Bro, how long is the shaft? 45"?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:01 am

asahi wrote:
No problem Eiji!

Can arrange. Very Happy

You wan to reconsider? tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:39 am

asahi, you have not updated FR since gaming these for real. so how does it play out?
Back to top Go down
bogey_free
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bogey_free

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 am

no wonder you passed on my z-star ....
haha ...
but looks awesome and i am sure will play great.....
have to try it some time too.....
s flex ..
mmmm.........
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:14 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
Bro, how long is the shaft? 45"?

I build it up to 45.5.

The actual course FR will come after this Sat.
Stay tuned.....

p.s Methinks should be very promising.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:19 pm

If u want to sell, I want to be first in line. Shaft only!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:04 pm

pushslice wrote:
asahi, you have not updated FR since gaming these for real. so how does it play out?

hiyah panji, I just got it yesterday. FR from field test will follow after my game on Sat.

@bogey_free - hahaha.....the Z star head is very tempting indeed but the fubuki k is just too awesome to pass. Now dreaming of matching it with i20 next year.
hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:18 am

congrats on finally setting up your WMD. Now that will look like a deadly ninja samurai in your golf bag affraid
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:41 am

Phil Mickelson is using Fubuki K with Cally Razr Fit.

Is that DGman's new upcoming combo? He mentioned abt finding a new head.

Yarra, how does 9064LS paired with Fub K play out?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:59 am

asahi wrote:
pushslice wrote:

hiyah panji, I just got it yesterday. FR from field test will follow after my game on Sat.

@bogey_free - hahaha.....the Z star head is very tempting indeed but the fubuki k is just too awesome to pass. Now dreaming of matching it with i20 next year.
hahahahahaha

When u want to meet to discuss abt opening your FD account?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Hiaz.....looks like inevitable lah.

The Sunday after 27th Nov?
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:39 pm

DGman, does the ninja core extend all the way to the butt end of the shaft and can it be seen? I've been trying to find out but nobody seems to be able to give me an answer and i figured since you've got new shafts you can help me check..
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Tested out this beauty on the course today and the results were up to expectation.

Ball flight - Definitely lower than my previous set up of Miyazaki/Burner. In fact, too low! hahahaha....so much so that my LC shifu jimmychoo had to step in and change my swing a bit to attain a higher launch than the super low one that I was hitting.

Spin - From our naked eyes and based on my feel, the spin is definitely on the low low side.
Ball seems to just fly off the face without too much backspin.

Distance - Ok, on a par 4 tee off, I tested the two drivers with me. Both shots played to fade shots but the Fubuki/Superfast combo went further!!! In fact, it went OB right! The 1st shot was just next to the buggy track though. Thank goodness, that was the 2nd shot.
Razz

In summary, the full potential of this lethal combo is yet to be seen. Why I said so is because I kept thinking of the swing weight; thinking it is heavier. So kinda affected my tee offs a bit and thus holding back for most of the tee shots.
Lo & behold, a trip to the Den confirms it!
SW heavier than my previous setup.

For a virgin outing, the results were good enough for me. And I feel, I can squeeze more yards out of this shaft.

Swing Swing Swing

I am a happy man! And very happy that my itchy backside this time round had 'given' me such a great WMD!

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Paul..the steel core is only at the back of shaft from the grip area to about 6 inches from where your right hand will be.

the tip will be soft but the whole shaft will be very stable with the stiff upper shaft. it is touted as the friendliest high kick shaft in the market.

in short it feels like a pretty soft shaft but the spin and ball penetration will surprise a lot of users.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:08 am

DGman, yes i understand the steel core is only at the butt end. My question is whether or not it goes all the way to the end of the butt. If it does, i should be able see it (or feel it?). I figured if that can be done, then it's very easy to check if the shaft is authentic or fake. Much like the Matrix HD shafts, where you can actually see and feel the hexagonal shape inside.
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 am

Feel a little silly answering my own question, but i guess i should in case any one else is interested. From what i can see, the ninja core is only within the part of the shaft that has the black graphics, and it DOES NOT extend all the way up to the butt end. Unfortunately, there is no way to see the core from the butt, so that can't be used for verification of authenticity. Believe me i tried very hard...

Quick review on the shaft.. got the 60 gram version installed in my G20, playing at 45.5 inches. I usually play a 45 inch driver but gave myself the 0.5 inch just in case i needed to tip it. Swing weight came in at D6, which is much heavier than i normally would play, but considering i will choke down a half inch to my normal playing length, it should come up nicely to my preferred D3. Together with the new Lamkin REL purple grip, i have to say it looks awesome.

First round today, didn't even have a chance to try it at the range yet.. and already I LOVE IT. The Fubuki K replaced a Tour AD DI 60S which didn't really work for me. This Fubuki is so freaking smooth, and i can feel every single part of my swing. Best part is (unlike what i felt for the AD DI) this shaft is super stable. On two holes i played where fairways were pretty wide, i really let rip on the driver and it still went dead straight.

I've been very hesitant about retiring my G15 with Kai'li, since i never got very good performance from the G20, originally with a blueboard and then the AD DI. With this new combo though, i've got lots of confidence pulling the driver out. I feel the G15 was still slightly longer, but the G20 with Fubuki K is really point and shoot. I'm willing to sacrifice a couple of yards for more fairways, so i will happily mothball the G15 that has served me so well for more than a year.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 am

Hi solarpop,

Thanks for sharing! Great stuff and definitely agree with you on the smoothness of this shaft.

I have it on the Superfast TP 1.0. After hearing your review, may be tempted to fix it on a Ping driver head .......perhaps G15 or I20 (2012).
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey asahi, i'm waiting for the i20 too.. supposed to be released Feb '12. Super nice with the all black theme..
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Yea man, I agree! Very Happy

Would be a visual spectacle when fitted with the Fubuki K!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:21 pm

i am also waiting for my shaft plus my new driver. i have to stop reading my own threads from now on.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Guess right on the driver and get another Fubuki K as prize?

Hehe

Legacy black head?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inner Strength in Black and White   Inner Strength in Black and White - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inner Strength in Black and White
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next