Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Low Spin Drivers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:34 am

Hi all, saw somebody selling a Mizuno MP630 and googled some reviews on it. It is touted as a low spinning driver head. From what I understand, low spin will translate to more roll once the ball lands.

Anybody else here using the 630 or other supposedly low-spin drivers here? Care to share your experience with your ball flight?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:49 pm

I previously used the MP630 (Fast TracK) and was very impressed with the distance that the driver was able to achieve.

Flight was penetrating and surprisingly it did roll a little on Singapore's fairways.
Flight of the ball is around tree top height or slightly higher when hit correctly

Only gripe i had with the driver was the sound
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:14 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
I previously used the MP630 (Fast TracK) and was very impressed with the distance that the driver was able to achieve.

Flight was penetrating and surprisingly it did roll a little on Singapore's fairways.
Flight of the ball is around tree top height or slightly higher when hit correctly

Ur swing then is very different as compared to now.
Back to top Go down
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 pm

JonL_TK wrote:

Thanks...How about forgiveness? Shouldn't be very forgiving right?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:12 pm

hammy wrote:
Hi Hammy...

Bit hard to comment on forgiveness... Any club can be forgiving if the person using it can handle it well and maybe have a repeatable swing
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:56 pm

That driver is open at address. Slicers will aggravate their slice, hookers will get some help
Back to top Go down
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
hammy wrote:
Hi Hammy...

Bit hard to comment on forgiveness... Any club can be forgiving if the person using it can handle it well and maybe have a repeatable swing

That's true... anyway thanks. Waiting for the guy to sell it now.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Anyway, the mizuno MP series clubs are not really game improvement category, their jpx series fit that category better I would have thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Low Spin Drivers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Spin Drivers   Low Spin Drivers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Low Spin Drivers
Page 1 of 1