Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Links Course....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Links Course.... Empty
PostSubject: Links Course....   Links Course.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:16 am

Was watching the scotty open which Luke won......to be honest, its very extremely challenging when one has to tee off with the pretty narrow fairways, uneven lies and wind blowing......I was thinking....even std courses here I have problem liao ie hitting fw...lets not talk about those in Scottyland.

And then the rough....it makes US Open 's rough look like green.....was it 4ft high ?????

Eagerly waiting for the Open...

Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Links Course.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Links Course....   Links Course.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:34 pm

I once played on a Links course in Cape Town, South Africa. That day, the wind was so strong that topping your shot and let the ball roll is a good shot!

It's a totally different playing experience.

Its fun too!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Links Course.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Links Course....   Links Course.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Da Nang Dunes course by Greg Norman is a great links course nearby to Singapore. Tough and beautiful. The afternoon winds are pretty nasty yet cooling too.

punch shots I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Links Course.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Links Course....   Links Course.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:08 pm

pushslice wrote:
Da Nang Dunes course by Greg Norman is a great links course nearby to Singapore. Tough and beautiful. The afternoon winds are pretty nasty yet cooling too.

punch shots I HIT IT

Montogomery and Danang Dunes is nothing compared to Sea Links Golf & Country Club. http://www.sealinksvietnam.com/ or http://golfthebeachvn.com/sea-links - (Look at the pictures on the right side)

This is a true links style course where the fairways and ridiculous. THe reason I don't play there or recommend friends to go there is because the only way to get there is by land transport and it takes 4 hours by car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Links Course.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Links Course....   Links Course.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Links Course....
Page 1 of 1