Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Longest drives on PGA Tour

Go down 
+14
duffader
golf_snowman
S70B
golfool2009
TourSwing
eiji
Joshua
chubs
pushslice
Duval_S
hillgreen
longster
dmateo
Turbo
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
pushslice wrote:

for golfers like me and ds, we are used to not ripping it and so found it hard to gear up. Sham gears down for accuracy, bcoz he used to rips it. Point taken.

Btw, gf drives it 250 yds, with a senior flex shaft hahahaha...

buddy PS...good news...with the new aquisition, I am abit further now.....but still...sigh..

U mean the D2?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 am

My point is that it is relative until u wanna improve.

U can be content hitting it 220 playin from white or blue tees occasionally. For longer holes, u try n hit a few good shots then hope to 1 or 2 putt.

How many who hit it short hits 3 good shots often then 1 or 2 putt often?

The same number is inversely proportionate to the number who like to espouse 'driving for show and putting for dough' is the game of golf.

Ppl who r so content playin blue tees off keppel shootin low 80s can't seem to replicate the same scores when they head to Seletar or Warren. Too comfy playin their hm cse leadin to false sense of thinking they r actually better than they really.

I dunno any short hitter here who has a so called good short game but if he is ard n U want apples to apples comparison, ask him to play a rd w chubbs. Then u will know what I mean by an all round game today requires length as well.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 am

Quote :
duffader wrote:
]

U mean the D2?

the one which was endorsed by you mah
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:44 am

who is 'Chubbs' ? My idol #1 ?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:55 am

Duval_S wrote:
who is 'Chubbs' ? My idol #1 ?

Ur idol is always ard at least 50 yards behind chubb. I agree that it's very important to have the distance, the dispersion can always be adjusted later. No distance, there is literally no chance to get on greens in two. Like Warren or serapong or tmcc, doesn't mean u GIR, it will be guaranteed a par.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:59 am

golf_snowman wrote:

wow..bro

230 yd is darm far lor.....relative to my drive lah....
i think if i can drive 180 yd...very happy liao....sigh !!!!....pathetic me !!!

what nonsense you, 230 yrds is only 210m liao. you drive the same if not longer by abt 5-10m. Buaya!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:25 am

pushslice wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:

wow..bro

230 yd is darm far lor.....relative to my drive lah....
i think if i can drive 180 yd...very happy liao....sigh !!!!....pathetic me !!!

what nonsense you, 230 yrds is only 210m liao. you drive the same if not longer by abt 5-10m. Buaya!

ops !!...is it ?...i thot 230yds is like 250m....haha, my maths fail lah....

btw, i have never ever ever drive longer than you hor...everytime, 2nd shot, u were like way way infront of me...cant even see where your ball is....haha !!!! and some more you were from Blue and i'm from white....

sigh.....pathetic me again !!!....haha
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 am

S70B wrote:
My point is that it is relative until u wanna improve.

fully agree, but its damn hard to increase power or hitting sweet spot at 95+ mph leh, need a lot of reps with weight and crunches Laughing much easier to improve chipping and pitching, at least for me.

Modern game is length AND accuracy. Is the Ah Pek style endangered as courses have become longer and longer. Maybe...that's for single handicap aspirers to think about. I'm happy just to break 90 consistently

S70B wrote:
I dunno any short hitter here who has a so called good short game but if he is ard n U want apples to apples comparison, ask him to play a rd w chubbs. Then u will know what I mean by an all round game today requires length as well.

I believe Capt, and to a lesser extent Jimmychoo or GF is our version of Luke Donald. They are by no means shorthitter, but they are just not as long as you or Slinger or Sham or Duffy but still can get GIR often and even if not GIR, got short game to scramble for par

and i have a feeling chubbs is another botak sporting scary tatoos, who can drive toe to toe with Tim Low
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am

btw, for every luke donald, pavin and stricker-type players at the pro, there are probably 5 young Rorys or AKs or Woodlands or Quiroz etc

but after seeing young Mannasero winning tournaments with only 270 yrds in driving distance, he gives us something to look up to Laughing
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:48 am

pushslice wrote:
btw, for every luke donald, pavin and stricker-type players at the pro, there are probably 5 young Rorys or AKs or Woodlands or Quiroz etc

but after seeing young Mannasero winning tournaments with only 270 yrds in driving distance, he gives us something to look up to Laughing

does that mean i still have a chance to win you even though i drive shorter than you ?

you are like Luke Donald to me, u know...i really look up to you, after you have teach me so much for putting.....err...i OT again, we are talking about driving distance right ?....haha !!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:03 am

PS, never too late. After 3 yrs of golfing, then I realise I am usin the wrong part of the body to generate the speed. Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 am

you give me hope....i'll bring some mango harum manis for you and your wife in two weeks time. We meet at warren range and tell me ya?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:14 am

2weeks time.... If before august got chance, cos will be in India for the month of aug. Sad
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:23 pm

British open , two of the par 3s are 240+ yards! Driver anyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:01 pm

I have a feeling it will be a 3-5iron for the likes of Paul Casey, Rory Mcilroy and Sergio Garcia.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:06 pm

S70B wrote:
I have a feeling it will be a 3-5iron for the likes of Paul Casey, Rory Mcilroy and Sergio Garcia.

Oei... U got factor in Wind Speed & Direction or not?

Can u come pick me up at Pasir Gudang in your 2nd daily drive?
I will inform the Sultan...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 pm

When US Open was at Torrey back in 2008, the 11th played into a headwind albeit mebbe 10-15mph and slightly downhill.

I swear to god I saw Paul Casey pull out a 5 iron for the 221yd shot.

Also, dun forget they play run-ups for links golf instead of target golf.

Ok la, 3 iron for Casey then. Hopefully the wind doesn't howl like 35mph into their faces when they stand on the tee.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 pm

pushslice wrote:

I believe Capt, and to a lesser extent Jimmychoo or GF is our version of Luke Donald. They are by no means shorthitter, but they are just not as long as you or Slinger or Sham or Duffy but still can get GIR often and even if not GIR, got short game to scramble for par

i am always behind S70B.......

my GIR is also less than S70B....

thus my score is always more than S70B....

which is why i am where i am in the league.... Very Happy

but i like where i am right now....

not too high that nobody wanna challenge...

not too low that i have to give 2-2 to the div 1 vultures.... Wink

PS: i have to make sure i am always within miss lee range....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 pm

I saw on Youtube, in one of the Open round, PAR3, 236 yards hole, Tiger Woods, Ryo and Lee Westwood teed off with 4-iron, 3-Iron and 3-iron respectively. Tiger was nearest to the pin. Not sure about the wind condition then.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Eh Slinger wat toking u?

We side by side in the rankings leh.

Summore Tues we shot the same back nine score.

Dun buaya here la. Ur name cannot siam one.
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:43 am

Maybe he meant career earnings

Lately you surpass him in the career earnings

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:35 am

All along he surpass lah. U think he join the nsrcc team to play competitive golf? it's those practise rounds that he is more interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:05 pm

I think I sponsored his coffee table
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Longest drives on PGA Tour - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longest drives on PGA Tour
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2