Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback

Go down 
+2
JonL_TK
Kookk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback Empty
PostSubject: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:44 am

I am a clean car freak and I used to spend 3hrs washing my car every week and another 1-2 hrs every alternate week to clay and wax my car.

However, since I got hit by the golf bug few months back, I've been neglecting my car as I can no longer find the energy and time to continue maintaining my car in the same manner.

Sparks grooming @ NSRCC Changi seems like a really convenient alternative as I can drop my car there and collect it after the game. The only downside is that they do not have any shelters to park the cars pending collection.

Nevertheless, I am considering rendering their services and would appreciate any feedback from those who've been there and done that. Please PM me if you think your remarks are too sensitive.

All feedbacks greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:51 am

You can try Max Polish (www.maxpolish.com.sg)...
They are mobile groomers so you can relax at home after your round while having your car groomed
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:56 am

Jon, for the maxpolish, do they do the sand wax thing to remove paint marks?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:08 pm

asahi wrote:
Jon, for the maxpolish, do they do the sand wax thing to remove paint marks?
Hi Asahi... What sort of paint marks?
They managed to remove road tar quite easily but am not entirely sure of their process as i was napping after a round when they where polishing the car!!! Razz Razz Razz

All i can atest for is that my car still feels smooth after 3 weeks of rain & sun and the occasional wash
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Nah. Car kena small dots of white colour paint marks on both sides of rear doors.
Hmm.....will check them out and see how.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:23 pm

asahi wrote:
Nah. Car kena small dots of white colour paint marks on both sides of rear doors.
Might be able to be polished out...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

asahi wrote:

Bro, as long they do claying or washing with caly soap, shud not be a problem
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:46 pm

By the way, you sure the white white dots are paint ? and only at the rear ? where you go at nite ?
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:17 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
You can try Max Polish (www.maxpolish.com.sg)...
They are mobile groomers so you can relax at home after your round while having your car groomed

Thought of using mobile groomers but my car is not totally covered from the elements. So Rain and Sun may sometimes affect the polishing job.

Will probably give Sparks a try if I get some decent feedbacks.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:51 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
asahi wrote:

Bro,
You always polish the car with them ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:58 pm

daveaha wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
asahi wrote:

Bro,
You always polish the car with them ?
Nope... not always... I recently tried them and was pretty impressed
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:23 pm

The NSRCC grooming is decent.

For mobile grooming one of the best I have come across is Car n Kars, they use zymol products and their clientele includes lots of luxury and super-cars. I used them when the previous partner was there, havent tried them since that partner left. They are not cheap, but quality and service is superb. Found their contact on many car forums. Including Vagsg(jon you should go check it out)

Jon you should really try them.

Btw the highest end zymol wax cost a 5 digit figure for ATLANTIQUE kit.

Jason Tay
Cars n Kars
Mobile: 8112 7889
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback   Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback
Page 1 of 1