Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

organize the market place

Go down 
+24
samT
ehyouagain
mox
slinger
botak
Vinny
Duval_S
Technospaz
mojojojo
JonL_TK
pushslice
scotty
daveaha
cristel
DRGjr72
antloh
yang
sunny
TourSwing
nientsu
jimmychoo
stagedbrute
duffader
Gray
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

organize the market place - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:34 am

Vinny wrote:
sunny wrote:
stagedbrute wrote:
nientsu wrote:
Then Wat happens if someone wants to sell his wedges, irons, drivers, bags etc??? Have diff postings??

That would be great, i think. Would prefer that as opposed to the person compressing pics and info of his wedges, irons, drivers, bags all in 1 post, too messy Sad

That is not a gd idea. If a person post 10 topics for 10 items, the latest topics will be filled with WTS threads and become unusable.

We do not want to sacrifice community building for the sake of marketplace.

Currently, we have not figured out a way for marketplace not to appear in latest topic as that require a lot of programming. Until then, do bear with this and like what duffader said, you want to strike gold, dig for it. Sorry for the inconvenience

Kudos to the current team who is managing this place well & kindly bear in mind that this is a non-profit oriented outfit with people who hold day jobs......

Apart from moderators having to monitor the countless amount of info & jibberish that comes in here, there's "Project 2nd chance", "coffee shop talk", "local & overseas game", "loan of new equipment & testing", "GR monthly games" & etc which the team looks into on a daily basis.

I reckon there should be a fair amount of appreciation demonstrated for the team in keeping this place going ~ don't fix what is not broken. I am confident that the administrator will introduce changes to the forum what they deem fit at the right time ~ holding true to whatever mission they set out from the very beginning.

Keep up the good work boys & girls

Beer

100% agreed. I very much appreciate this forum and the work that goes into running it.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
ehyouagain
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:52 pm

mox wrote:
Vinny wrote:
sunny wrote:
stagedbrute wrote:
nientsu wrote:
Then Wat happens if someone wants to sell his wedges, irons, drivers, bags etc??? Have diff postings??

That would be great, i think. Would prefer that as opposed to the person compressing pics and info of his wedges, irons, drivers, bags all in 1 post, too messy Sad

That is not a gd idea. If a person post 10 topics for 10 items, the latest topics will be filled with WTS threads and become unusable.

We do not want to sacrifice community building for the sake of marketplace.

Currently, we have not figured out a way for marketplace not to appear in latest topic as that require a lot of programming. Until then, do bear with this and like what duffader said, you want to strike gold, dig for it. Sorry for the inconvenience

Kudos to the current team who is managing this place well & kindly bear in mind that this is a non-profit oriented outfit with people who hold day jobs......

Apart from moderators having to monitor the countless amount of info & jibberish that comes in here, there's "Project 2nd chance", "coffee shop talk", "local & overseas game", "loan of new equipment & testing", "GR monthly games" & etc which the team looks into on a daily basis.

I reckon there should be a fair amount of appreciation demonstrated for the team in keeping this place going ~ don't fix what is not broken. I am confident that the administrator will introduce changes to the forum what they deem fit at the right time ~ holding true to whatever mission they set out from the very beginning.

Keep up the good work boys & girls

Beer

100% agreed. I very much appreciate this forum and the work that goes into running it.

cheers!

Totally agree as well! It'll be awesome if the things posted on the marketplace could be segregated according to what is being posted? Example would be having sections such as "fairway woods", "drivers", etc. so that one will be able to just go to those sections instead of scrolling down to look for the items.

Subsequently, one can just use the "search" option to find stuff more easily.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 am

Was just wondering if it is possible to exclude marketplace from the "latest topics" listing. A couple of advantages :
1) allow marketplace to be organised without overwhelming real discussion topics
2) help members looking for gold
3) minimise OT rhetorics from sales topics

My 2c
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:49 pm

samT wrote:
Was just wondering if it is possible to exclude marketplace from the "latest topics" listing. A couple of advantages :
1) allow marketplace to be organised without overwhelming real discussion topics

My 2c

I like this idea if it is possible and do not adding too much extra works for the moderators. Due to the fact that this forum really active ... usually whomever try to sell something soon disappear with all latest topics of the day.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:57 pm

samT wrote:

My 2c

hmmm... i think the idea is good too... would you like to volunteer to do it???
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Aiya... Be it 20, 75 or 100, ppl can easily clocked them by putting senseless or Boh Liao comments. Just seen it today, our bro just comment Boh Liao things like commenting the seller are selling good stuff when all the things are already sold out!

Scotty: 1 thing I learnt is tt if u wanna use GR, dun have too many comments Abt the forum or it's members.... Or else bear the wrath... :p.
This is a unique forum with unique members! Like it!!!
Back to top Go down
scotty
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:09 pm

thank you peace2903. Actually its just a casual feedback since I am pretty new. I am perfectly fine going by each forum rules.

Very Happy

peace2903 wrote:
Aiya... Be it 20, 75 or 100, ppl can easily clocked them by putting senseless or Boh Liao comments. Just seen it today, our bro just comment Boh Liao things like commenting the seller are selling good stuff when all the things are already sold out!

Scotty: 1 thing I learnt is tt if u wanna use GR, dun have too many comments Abt the forum or it's members.... Or else bear the wrath... :p.
This is a unique forum with unique members! Like it!!!
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 pm

shamusan wrote:
samT wrote:

My 2c

hmmm... i think the idea is good too... would you like to volunteer to do it???
No problem. Give me the codes, i 'll get my developers to see what they can do.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Example of a "professional site"

www.4gea.com

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: organize the market place   organize the market place - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

organize the market place
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2