Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds

Go down 
+2
mervyntan
ironfist
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds Empty
PostSubject: Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds   Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:43 pm

hello fellow republicans! well as you may know, these two brands produce grips that look very similar.

GOLF PRIDE:
Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds GPMCA

SHARPRO:
Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds SDCPTO-L

i'm very curious as to how each compare in terms of feel and durability. one reason why i don't go immediately for the cooler-looking more branded golf pride; price. compared to GP's, Sharpros cost merely a fourth of it's price on ebay.

i've also heard that Sharpro actually owns the patent for them.

any reason why i shouldn't just make the jump to Sharpro?
thanks for the advice guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds   Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:59 pm

in my uneducated and unbiased opinion, i feel that the sharpro's look like cheap knock-offs of the golf pride.

i havent used the sharpro, but based on looks alone, i would choose the golf pride.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds   Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:20 pm

I've used the Sharpros before..
They're ok grips.. notthing wrong...Normal average durability...
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds   Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:06 am

bro, i found that getting grips from ebay is not really that cost-effective, unless you can and intend to DIY...

better off going to the clubfitter... i think Bob's got stock sharpro (met my neighbor who juz change his iron shaft there)... Honshin oso got this type of grip (as in their own brand)...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds   Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:21 am

to check if grip is one piece or 2 piece construction. just press the butt. the hard ones are 2 piece construction and the single piece is softer (also the way to tell the real golf pride MC from the fakes).

why GP. they have a patented air cushion technology in all their grips which makes them softer. plus they have a formula on the rubber composition which makes the feel and the tackiness difficult to emulate. hence they need 2 piece construction to achieve the above.

whether its the real thing or the copy cat, you usually get what you pay for.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
art
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds   Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 am

hmm interesting.. never heard of sharpro before.

did a search on the net and found that there's quite a fair bit of forums out there comparing between the two grips.

to each his own, both grips have their own share of supporters. it's really the price vs quality debate.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds   Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 pm

hey thanks guys it's been very informative. you're right DGman; cheap goods aren't good, and good things don't come cheap! and kopiO; i shall head down to a clubfitter if and when i'm feeling the need to regrip! Smile

and the more i look at the sharpros the more chiong it looks! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds   Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Pride VS Sharpros MultiCompounds
Page 1 of 1