Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Splitted from RAL thread

Go down 
+7
garylin
daveaha
samT
Duval_S
Birdman
JetA1
geng86
11 posters
AuthorMessage
geng86
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Splitted from RAL thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 am

Isnt this reposting? a violation of the rules?
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:36 am

geng86 wrote:

做贼的喊抓贼......
Back to top Go down
geng86
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 am

做贼的喊抓贼......

JetA1 wrote:

做贼的喊抓贼......
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:27 am

geng86 wrote:

Are your grapes too sour?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:13 am

pi por...pi por.....mata coming .......

eh..guys, TS selling bag lah.......or are you guys trying to do a collaborative bundling with TS's item
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Birdman wrote:
geng86 wrote:

I don't really know nor care about geng86's gripe with some bros here. But I too thought that this bag was listed for sales before (too bad it was limited edition and hence stuck on my mind).

Whatever the intent of the "whistle blower" may habour, I thought the rules do apply. Comment?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 pm

samT wrote:
Birdman wrote:
geng86 wrote:

I don't really know nor care about geng86's gripe with some bros here. But I too thought that this bag was listed for sales before (too bad it was limited edition and hence stuck on my mind).

Whatever the intent of the "whistle blower" may habour, I thought the rules do apply. Comment?

If I buy anything from anyone from this forum, and it doesn't suit me - I have my right to re-sell it again in the same forum.

Another scenario is, let's say, I list my product in 2010 Q4, and was unsuccessful, I think it's ok to relist it again for sale even tough it has been listed for sale before. I myself may have hard time to find the old thread to bump it up again.

Fair enough ?

What rules you're talking about ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:12 pm

I think it is fair. Perhaps the rules could be further tweaked to reflect your points so that it is not so rigidly interpreted.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:19 pm

Sorry, forgot to answer the second part of your question. Its Rule 15. I too have an interest to see some flexibility built into this rule because I have sales threads that are a few months old and I don't want to recreate a new thread without infringing the Rules.

Thanks. I noticed you have a yellow tag to your nick so you are probably the man to effect some changes here.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:25 pm

samT wrote:
Sorry, forgot to answer the second part of your question. Its Rule 15. I too have an interest to see some flexibility built into this rule because I have sales threads that are a few months old and I don't want to recreate a new thread without infringing the Rules.

Thanks. I noticed you have a yellow tag to your nick so you are probably the man to effect some changes here.

I'm replying on my capacity as a user of this forum, not in the 'yellow tag' id...

Just a common sense I guess for posting here. You may not be aware of this, but we saw before people keep on posting the same thing over and over again, over the short period of time (or bumping it twice a day). Wouldn't you (all) be irritated to see our marketplace saturated by the same items, over and over again ? I would... honestly.... that's why the rules are there, set by the founders of this forum. I'm just helping out to keep it tidy (if possible).

Cheers bro... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:31 pm

I thought your points were fair and indeed some tweaks seems necessary, even by your own admission. Perhaps I could request that you now wear your yellow tag hat and see if it is worth tweaking the rules. Sorry to impose but like I said, I do have an interest to see if I can be assisted in relisting my items. Thanks much.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

samT wrote:
I thought your points were fair and indeed some tweaks seems necessary, even by your own admission. Perhaps I could request that you now wear your yellow tag hat and see if it is worth tweaking the rules. Sorry to impose but like I said, I do have an interest to see if I can be assisted in relisting my items. Thanks much.

You got PM. Meanwhile, let's leave this thread alone.

RAL, good luck in your sale... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:10 pm

to be honest, and no offense to RAL, I thought I just saw this sales thread a few weeks or a month ago when i was looking for a cart bag.. and if I rem correctly it was by RAL also?

I'm not taking sides with geng but I think geng and sam have a point on the rules being not clear or perhaps unfairly enforced...

anyway, nice bag.. sorry to hijack ur post RAL. good luck for ur sales!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 pm

If I may comment quickly, the irony is that there has been a fair amount of latitude given to the rules, it is not rigidly enforced, otherwise all comments made on this thread would have long been deleted. We are not waiting around every corner to pounce on every little infraction, thereby taking the fun out of this wonderful place we all love.

In as much as some do not care about the "so called gripes" and are only concerned with looking at his comment and this thread in isolation, we do not care to air dirty linen in public just so you may understand why the situation with a certain individual is as it currently stands. Again, ironically, we are stretching the limits of being fair with this individual. The purpose of his supposedly wide eyed innocent question is to instigate the exact scenario that is now playing out, and of which you have been drawn into and become a part of.

As was posted just earlier today "dun read too much into the gossips in forums. Sometimes they are planted by ppl whose intent are not clear to you nor I."

Suffice to say, we are here to strike the fine balance between safeguarding the interests of the majority in here and the integrity of the forum as much as we can.

If someone else can post without immediate repercussion, does that not tell you something?

Yet do not assume that it's possible to get away with blue murder, as some repeatedly try to do.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:34 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Gray wrote:
ralliartlancer wrote:
Birdman wrote:
geng86 wrote:

Yo Birdman,

how is ur wedges coming along? The Xft are selling at $99 at golf direct.... maybe should go stock them up.

hahahaha

got someone selling brandnew 52 deg at $90 in the market place.

too bad not 58 deg

you want my 58? I'm changing to 52/56/60 combi. SMS 90227294 to discuss.

Jason, you are lucky you didn't get ticked off for hijacking this thread. I did the same thing as you, golf balls though, and someone who is not a "marshal" here ticked me off for hijacking the thread. He even called me names...sigh. Some people likes to play police, what to do ?? Evil or Very Mad

titu
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Birdman wrote:
If I may comment quickly, the irony is that there has been a fair amount of latitude given to the rules, it is not rigidly enforced, otherwise all comments made on this thread would have long been deleted. We are not waiting around every corner to pounce on every little infraction, thereby taking the fun out of this wonderful place we all love.

In as much as some do not care about the "so called gripes" and are only concerned with looking at his comment and this thread in isolation, we do not care to air dirty linen in public just so you may understand why the situation with a certain individual is as it currently stands. Again, ironically, we are stretching the limits of being fair with this individual. The purpose of his supposedly wide eyed innocent question is to instigate the exact scenario that is now playing out, and of which you have been drawn into and become a part of.

As was posted just earlier today "dun read too much into the gossips in forums. Sometimes they are planted by ppl whose intent are not clear to you nor I."

Suffice to say, we are here to strike the fine balance between safeguarding the interests of the majority in here and the integrity of the forum as much as we can.

If someone else can post without immediate repercussion, does that not tell you something?

Yet do not assume that it's possible to get away with blue murder, as some repeatedly try to do.

Peace
I needed to state upfront I do not care about the gripes precisely because I did not want the discussion to link to the gripes, whatever they may be. We must look at an issue in isolation if there is to be objectivity, and not be clouded by unimportant quibblings. Ppl are usually not that stupid to be drawn into some silly debates. If there is no real point to be made, why waste time. But in this case, there is a point that it may be helpful to tweak the rule so that the latitude allowed is more explicit. The examples given by Daveaha further reinforced my point.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:35 pm

In short:

Birdman wrote: "some people deserves a kick in the you-know-what"
SamT wrote: "can I put up my old thread?"
Daveaha wrote: "what's for dinner?"
Tituman wrote: "..."
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:07 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
In short:

Birdman wrote: "some people deserves a kick in the you-know-what"
SamT wrote: "can I put up my old thread?"
Daveaha wrote: "what's for dinner?"
Tituman wrote: "..."

Ha ha WMF, my bad. Feeling too bored at home. Facing only the screen the whole day.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Wow! One whole day out of action and I missed so much.
Ok, here's my take on this whole thing. Better still, let me draw an analogy (may not be a good one but hope you all get the point) here.

e.g. We have our traffic rules (e.g. speeding, say 120 kmph on highways) but do TP enforced it religiously and strictly on every roads? No, because it is not all roads that have frequent cases of speeding and also, they do not have the manpower to do it. So they choose those 'more popular ones' to monitor.

Likewise, in this forum, the moderators/marshals are volunteers and try to do our best to enforce the rules to the best of our ability and time. They may be times when a few errant forum-ner runs afoul but nothing happens to them apparently. But trust me, checks would have been done and maybe even a friendly reminder to the errant one. But we do not 'mark' him in public view. Conversely, if there is a forum-ner who frequently runs afoul, you can be sure our radar and antennas would be up against this recalcitrant person.

Now back to the bag in question (nice bag by the way), I did a check coz I found it familiar but like Daveha, I could not find any previous posting. And in any case, RAL has a good track record here so I did not pursue further.

Just my thoughts on this matter.

Very Happy

p.s. RAL, good luck to your sale.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 pm

samT wrote:

I needed to state upfront I do not care about the gripes precisely because I did not want the discussion to link to the gripes, whatever they may be. We must look at an issue in isolation if there is to be objectivity, and not be clouded by unimportant quibblings. Ppl are usually not that stupid to be drawn into some silly debates. If there is no real point to be made, why waste time. But in this case, there is a point that it may be helpful to tweak the rule so that the latitude allowed is more explicit. The examples given by Daveaha further reinforced my point.

I respect your views and agree to disagree.

You are taking a micro view, we are taking a macro view, simple as that.

Tweaking the rule to fit one or two, it will end up not fitting someone else at the other end of the spectrum, perhaps you might want to mull over that? We are well aware that one size does not fit all. The rules are there to assist, not restrict. Playing this game, we of all people should know that, being so rule 'bound'. But if you know the rules, you can use it to your advantage. It's preached from golf magazines to golf channel.

To further Asahi's analogy, most people are intelligent enough to know, or should I say surmise, that there is a 10kmh allowance to go above the speed limit, but we don't necessarily want, or does the traffic police see the need to append that to every speed limit sign? Very Happy

There is one thing that I want to make very clear though. There is no "gripe or gripes" full stop. We have been asked to volunteer our time as marshalls, and we do so for the love of this community. Unfortunately and perhaps unintentionally, "unimportant quibblings" belittles all the time and effort that each and every volunteer has put into Golf Republic. If not for Sunny and Moon, and all the other volunteers who have come before, would we now be having a discussion at all?

Let's not miss the forest for the lone tree please.

This is my final say on this matter, thank you. Very Happy Peace
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:34 am

Not sure how this micro-macro or tree-forest line of argument works. All I have suggested is to look at one particular rule and just focus on that. No need to talk about changing whatever is macro. Your may be overly concerned about a small suggestion. If the decision is no need to change, just state so. No life and death issue here.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 am

ah hell, i think if you guys want to talk abt this, start your own frigging thread...

its hella rude to be infringing on RAL's wts thread, be it infringement of the rules or otherwise...

and while we're on this OT thing, geng86, you are real piece of work man, everytime i see your post, i'm gonna tell EVERYONE to avoid dealing with you...

my advice, lay low, and go to isetan and buy some of those $50 grapes they sell there... they're really nice and SWEET!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splitted from RAL thread   Splitted from RAL thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splitted from RAL thread
Page 1 of 1