Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My take on being a good flight mate

Go down 
+18
golf_snowman
asahi
pushslice
mizzy
mloy
Technospaz
Winston
blee67
skybobo
ocp23
S70B
Tituman
Gray
Iluvgolf
jurongtiger
watermyforrest
slinger
Duval_S
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:50 pm

This....I did not observe. Will get wilkang to feedback after this Sunday's game.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Winston wrote:
Regarding speeding up on play. I have this really pet peeve.

If the player is waiting for the front filght to clear off, the player can check distances, select clubs, practice swing, take a piss, Try to get the caddy's phone number to date her, run naked under the tree for all I care, just make sure to do it all BEFORE THE FRONT FLIGHT CLEARS OFF SO THAT WHEN THEY CLEAR THE FRONT, YOU CAN IMMEDIATLY ADDRESS THE BALL AND TAKE THE SHOT.

Use to play with this guy that will stand there and wait for the flight to clear off and only then prepare for the shot. What is potentialy 4.5 hr game takes almost 6 hours. Really really pek chek and frustrating.......

If this kinda player encounter me or Ghoonk, chances are he will get a ticking off at the second hole immediately
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:30 pm

asahi wrote:
My take on this is; help to monitor and censure mloy for the good of the flight.
Hahaha

if you can do this, you deserve an award!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
Winston wrote:
Regarding speeding up on play. I have this really pet peeve.

If the player is waiting for the front filght to clear off, the player can check distances, select clubs, practice swing, take a piss, Try to get the caddy's phone number to date her, run naked under the tree for all I care, just make sure to do it all BEFORE THE FRONT FLIGHT CLEARS OFF SO THAT WHEN THEY CLEAR THE FRONT, YOU CAN IMMEDIATLY ADDRESS THE BALL AND TAKE THE SHOT.

Use to play with this guy that will stand there and wait for the flight to clear off and only then prepare for the shot. What is potentialy 4.5 hr game takes almost 6 hours. Really really pek chek and frustrating.......

If this kinda player encounter me or Ghoonk, chances are he will get a ticking off at the second hole immediately

+1 on the pace of play

Think about your target & distance while waiting to hit. One or two practice swing is all you need, and dont freeze too long before you hit, chances are, bad thoughts and tension will come.

that said, i think Ghoonk is speedy gonzales on the course...I dont think I'm slow but I really have to concentrate to keep up with him hahaha.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:48 pm

i'm a super slow player...i freeze when addressing the ball, like 'soul leave the body'...need someone to recall the soul back...sigh !!

Sad
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:52 pm

I don't care what they do... as long as they loss $$$ to me I happy like bird liao.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:55 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
I don't care what they do... as long as they loss $$$ to me I happy like bird liao.... What a Face

what if they take super long time, and at the end, u loss $$$ to them...piss off anot ?....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:36 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Iluvgolf wrote:
Bro Tituman

I like your "see ball hit ball" style, see if we can have a chance to golf together. Smile

Bro, Titu plays mainly weekdays. I havdthe opportunity to play a few times with him and I would say that he is one very good flight mate to play a round of golf with. He is alway considerate to his flight mates and helps out whenever he can.

Beer

Bernard tks for the compliments. Don't know whether I deserved it or not...BUT I LIKE..kekekek
I have the same compliments on you too and always a pleasure playing with you. Waiting for the next game with you but my schedule is still very irregular. Will let you know when i can play more regular. Nice golfing.

titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Iluvgolf wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Iluvgolf wrote:

8) Take not more than 1 practice swing before each shot.

9) Keep a lookout for flightmates' balls.

10) Observe golf etiquettes by keeping quiet when flightmates are teeing off.

@ No 8. .... I think two 3 times is ok la. Not more than 5 times lor.

Bro the problem is if someone takes consistently 5 practice swings before each shot it becomes a range practice already. Not forgetting time taken to do set up and take alignment. Not very fair to flightmates lor. It cannot be every shot also got no confidence must do so many practice swings right? Smile

I understand bro. Been there and experienced before. Just got to bear with it or we chinese said *lun tiao*
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:39 pm

I like chatty flightmates....that relaxes me and makes the game more fun....

Guys who bet bigger than their abilities are also good....

Young girls wearing tight clothes....they're always enjoyable flight mates....or just enjoyable in general....

Guys who bring snacks onto the course....those who share their cigarettes/cigars......

On the flip side, I'm not a big fan of receiving tips on the course especially from someone i'm beating.....i hate it more when i'm losing cause that's just rubbing it in, dude....

Also, people stating the obvious, e.g. that's a bad drive, chicken putt, that's in the bunker, or after duffing a shot - you hit the ground first....

Slow players drive me mad, those who take forever looking for their golf ball....those who spend time fishing golf balls out of the water (for some, it seems that they have a target of finding 10 water balls each round).....
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Nice... now i know what to do on the 18th.... Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:52 pm

aiyooooo GF, Duffy uses every trick in the bag to win hahahaha he's a pirat

- I better make sure we chat about hot girls in the office in our buggy
- what snacks you like bro? Crackers, chocolate, peanut butter and jam, ji rou pau, energy bars?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:13 pm

pushslice wrote:
+1 on the pace of play

Think about your target & distance while waiting to hit. One or two practice swing is all you need, and dont freeze too long before you hit, chances are, bad thoughts and tension will come.

that said, i think Ghoonk is speedy gonzales on the course...I dont think I'm slow but I really have to concentrate to keep up with him hahaha.

Another peeve I have is -

If a player knows that in order to reach the green in 2 which is 200yds and the driver only gives 200 yds, dont pull out the 3 wood and try to be a hero and end up slicing/duffing/shanking/hooking the ball to the other fairway. Play to what is realistic.

I know that there is no way I can hit 200yds with my hybrid unless the north star, moon, venus and uranus is in line and my horoscope says that i am going to get a hole in one. So I dont even try.

Last edited by Winston on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Iluvgolf wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
Iluvgolf wrote:
Bro Tituman

I like your "see ball hit ball" style, see if we can have a chance to golf together. Smile

Bro, Titu plays mainly weekdays. I havdthe opportunity to play a few times with him and I would say that he is one very good flight mate to play a round of golf with. He is alway considerate to his flight mates and helps out whenever he can.

Beer

oh like that huh?! so no chance to play with Bro Titu liao... Crying or Very sad

Ya my schedule is such that its damm difficult for me to play weekends as my duty is chauffeuring and family bonding time. However, some times if my wife is on a trip, then i might just be able to sneak out for a game ha ha. Well, hope to have a game with you soon too bro. Happy golfing in the meantime. Cheers. Beer

titu
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Tituman wrote:
Iluvgolf wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Iluvgolf wrote:

8) Take not more than 1 practice swing before each shot.

9) Keep a lookout for flightmates' balls.

10) Observe golf etiquettes by keeping quiet when flightmates are teeing off.

@ No 8. .... I think two 3 times is ok la. Not more than 5 times lor.

Bro the problem is if someone takes consistently 5 practice swings before each shot it becomes a range practice already. Not forgetting time taken to do set up and take alignment. Not very fair to flightmates lor. It cannot be every shot also got no confidence must do so many practice swings right? Smile

I understand bro. Been there and experienced before. Just got to bear with it or we chinese said *lun tiao*

Bro Titu

At first I could 'still lun', then later I 'lun' until cannot 'lun' and just exploded - told the fellow off whenever I saw that. Patience really got stretched...Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Well, then golf is the game where it can teached us to *lun* until *lun bei tiao ah* ROFL
I always can't stand the flight infront if they are too slow. Can see they are beginners but they tried to base their skill on ego. Know what I mean? First, they play on blue tees when some of the drives are less than 100m and then on the fairway, they think they are so pro waiting for the furthest from the hole to hit first even when one of the other golfer is about 50 to 100 m on the other side. IN such case, I just play when ready as I am not in the way. All this teaches us to be a better golfer rather than using ego to play their game. Anyway, I am just a season beginner, what do I know about rules of golf ? albino

titu
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 pm

pushslice wrote:
aiyooooo GF, Duffy uses every trick in the bag to win hahahaha he's a pirat

- I better make sure we chat about hot girls in the office in our buggy
- what snacks you like bro? Crackers, chocolate, peanut butter and jam, ji rou pau, energy bars?

sunzabeeches....i've just revealed my kryptonite to the pirat ...

me likey the hello panda (believe it or not, never heard of it before last week, and now am addicted to it), julie's peanut butter, oreos, empek empek.....bring a MC no.5 and i will carry you for all 18 holes in gratitude......

rather than chatting about hot girls in the office in our buggy, why don't you bring some hot girls from the office to the buggy???
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:09 am

mizzy wrote:
some comments makes me wonder...

fill divot for flight mate
rake bunker for flight mate
carry clubs for flight mate
tend to the pin for flight mate
WTH why not help read putt for flight mate..

that flight mate sounds more like a caddie..

ROFL

but I think it makes sense.. a good flight mate is like a part time caddie who helps you speed up play.. but caddies don't give you swing tips.. that's the difference.. oh and you have to tip them.

No wonder so many golfers don't do all of the above, all spoiled by the wonderful flight mates who part time caddie for them. All wait for someone else to rake bunkers, fill in divots, and repair pitch marks. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 am

For me, one of the most important lessons I learnt is to mark the exact spot where my ball landed in the rough off a wayward shot, especially off a drive. That's the biggest time waster in my opinion. All the other things like 5 practice swings, getting ready only when the flight in front clears, only add on seconds or a couple of minutes. Searching for a ball adds on minutes in the teens, anywhere up to 15 minutes each time.

90% of golfers slice, I think 99% don't know where in hell their ball lands with precision. Their "around here" can cover as much as 20 metres in all directions. For the life of me I don't understand why the golfers who know they always end up in the rough numerous times per round don't make it a point to mark precisely where their ball landed? If your ball is so precious that you die die must find it, mark where it lands lor!

It's even more frustrating when a golfer has no idea where the ball landed and the whole flight ends looking for a needle in a haystack. Ask them where and the reply is "I think it's down the right side." Peng san man! Stretcher

Strangely, it's not just a malady that afflicts beginners which is excusable, it's the very seasoned and even better players who are infected by this virus.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:07 am

pushslice wrote:

Thank you thank you

I know I always forgot my clubs on the green Laughing

I also very forgetful and got phobia of leaving my clubs behind. Learnt a good trick that will help you bro.

Always leave your clubs somewhere on a direct line between the hole and the buggy. That way when you walk back to the buggy after holing out, you'll always see your clubs on the ground in front of you. How to forget? Even if you still do, your three other flight mates sure to see it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:13 am

Tituman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
Iluvgolf wrote:
Bro Tituman

Beer

Bernard tks for the compliments. Don't know whether I deserved it or not...BUT I LIKE..kekekek
I have the same compliments on you too and always a pleasure playing with you. Waiting for the next game with you but my schedule is still very irregular. Will let you know when i can play more regular. Nice golfing.

titu

Thanks David, you definitely deserved it.. Me waiting for a game with you again too. Hope it is soon. Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My take on being a good flight mate
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2