Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Barclays - here comes the playoffs

Go down 
+4
Technospaz
Right_sided_coach
Lamts18
who8168
8 posters
AuthorMessage
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

The Barclays - here comes the playoffs Empty
PostSubject: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:23 am

The Barclays, the 1st of 4 playoff events of the Fedex Cup, has started.

As usual, TW is not doing well on the 1st day, currently at -1 for the day, while the leaders are at -6.

The defending champion Vijay is also not having a good day, finishing the day at +4.

Wonder if Sir Eldrick is going to give us drama again this time? Question
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:27 am

I'll trust that he will... just wait and see Smile
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:16 am

Rod Pampling off to a good start at -3, (3 shots back). His is on the bubble at 98th on Fed Ex Cup. With the top 100 progressing to next weeks event, hoping he can have 4 good rounds this week.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:18 am

I've not seen Tiger start off strong for a while. He usually just sits back with the masses but then picks up in Rounds 2 and 3. So, if this is right... then there's more golf to come Smile
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Sergio finished strong on Day 1. Hopefully he can perform like that for 4 days, & maybe we'll see him contending for World No. 3 or No. 2 again. He's been lackluster all year round.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:49 am

Round 2 has started. As of now (00:45 am), half the field has teed off, & i guess the condition must be really tough, cos only 5 persons are having sub-par rounds today, & all only at -1.

Can you imagine Ben Curtis shooting +13 & Chris DiMarco playing +9 for the day?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:51 am

Tiger is really off with his ball striking today but is managing an even par round so far as of 17th hole (he has a monster putt coming up). Not gonna contend if he doesn't buck up tmr.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:01 am

S70B wrote:
Tiger is really off with his ball striking today but is managing an even par round so far as of 17th hole (he has a monster putt coming up). Not gonna contend if he doesn't buck up tmr.

He had the line with that putt. Really good stroke, just a feet+ short.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:23 pm

wah sergio had a second round of 76.. jialat hope his beard gives him strength in the weekend..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:56 pm

ironfist wrote:
wah sergio had a second round of 76.. jialat hope his beard gives him strength in the weekend..

Sergio has been having a really bad season. I don't know what's wrong but he better pick himself up otherwise... he'll fade into the background esp as there are so many new up and coming players to watch.
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:49 am

Technospaz wrote:
ironfist wrote:

Sergio has been having a really bad season. I don't know what's wrong but he better pick himself up otherwise... he'll fade into the background esp as there are so many new up and coming players to watch.

He had a great first round. Sergio is an enigma isn't he? I don't think he has the killer or tiger instinct, thats why he 'chokes' or have late rounds that are 'average'. He just can't finish. Am I correct?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:54 am

supra wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
ironfist wrote:

He had a great first round. Sergio is an enigma isn't he? I don't think he has the killer or tiger instinct, thats why he 'chokes' or have late rounds that are 'average'. He just can't finish. Am I correct?

It sure feels like it. I'm not sure why since he was such a threat a few years ago. Now, he's more err... silent.
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:58 am

What do you guys think of Steve Flesch being disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard on Friday? He missed the cut by a stroke. Flesch signed for a birdie at the sixth hole when he actually made par.
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:12 am

What do you think of Ryan Moore, currently 22nd in Fedex standing, business model of going with no 'name brand or logo' for his equipment and attire.
Is it an anti-sponsorship tilt or he's just waiting for the big payout?
I noted that he is wearing Puma shoes.

Would an Asian Golfer like Yang be able to ply the PGA circuit without sponsors?
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 am

ironfist wrote:

Mike Weir tried that once if I can recall following his hockey buddies come NHL playoffs. He gave it up, bo lat, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:19 pm

supra wrote:
What do you think of Ryan Moore, currently 22nd in Fedex standing, business model of going with no 'name brand or logo' for his equipment and attire.
Is it an anti-sponsorship tilt or he's just waiting for the big payout?
I noted that he is wearing Puma shoes.

Would an Asian Golfer like Yang be able to ply the PGA circuit without sponsors?

I'm embarrassed to say but I know little of Ryan Moore except that he's a couple of letters away from 007.
Back to top Go down
hightlow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:07 am

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.
this is interesting.. thanks so much for sharing!
lazer before and after | free tattoo removal cream prices A tattoo removal cream is needed that would successfully get rid of your tattoos for you without costing you a lot lazer before and after | free tattoo removal cream prices
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Barclays - here comes the playoffs   The Barclays - here comes the playoffs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Barclays - here comes the playoffs
Page 1 of 1