Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swing posture

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

Swing posture Empty
PostSubject: Swing posture   Swing posture I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi all,
May i know where i can read up on proper swing posture? Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Swing posture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing posture   Swing posture I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:55 pm

There are a lot of books in the library or book stores.
Not to mention websites and videos.

That being said, I have lots of books and videos.

But i still play like crap..

So if you can afford it.. go take lessons from a pro.
lots of recommendation in this forum.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Swing posture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing posture   Swing posture I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Got so many types of swings.

Right sided swing, stack n tilt swing, one plane swing, swing for short people with short arms, swing for short people with long arms etc etc Some seniors swing dam ugly but shoot very straight and have good distance.

See what you like.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Swing posture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing posture   Swing posture I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 pm

There are many versions of 'the perfect swing' but guess it wouldn't do us much good if we cannot replicate those swings. They look good but they are usually the work of professionals who spend a big part of their life playing golf...

As for us social golfers, we may have restrictions on our flexibility... i.e. tummy too fat... muscle too tense, left leg longer than right leg etc...

So better to engage a coach that can help maximize the best out of what your current swing is capable of, maybe correct some bad habits... instead of trying to emulate the 'perfect swing'... hope this helps... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Swing posture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing posture   Swing posture I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:14 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
There are many versions of 'the perfect swing' but guess it wouldn't do us much good if we cannot replicate those swings. They look good but they are usually the work of professionals who spend a big part of their life playing golf...

As for us social golfers, we may have restrictions on our flexibility... i.e. tummy too fat... muscle too tense, left leg longer than right leg etc...

So better to engage a coach that can help maximize the best out of what your current swing is capable of, maybe correct some bad habits... instead of trying to emulate the 'perfect swing'... hope this helps... Very Happy

Agree. Like me. short but arms long. have to come up with my own style to match the standard length clubs.
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

Swing posture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing posture   Swing posture I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 am

Hi friends,
Really appreciate all advise. I am tall with long hands. Is there really videos showing posture for different length people?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swing posture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing posture   Swing posture I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swing posture
Page 1 of 1