Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory

Go down 
+7
chemicalpro
pushslice
eiji
Gray
garylin
dmateo
Duval_S
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory Empty
PostSubject: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Pls see the writeup fm Luke during his winning performance at WGC.

I realize all these while, I 'break' my wrist as in my right wrist is too active and tend to flip it just prior to contact..

Next I need is to find out how to hit 7 iron, then the 8 iron, and 9, and PW, SW, then the rest...

Quote :
Donald is probably the best iron player on the PGA Tour. The key to his iron play is how he compresses the ball so well at impact. His left wrist is always ahead of the clubhead, and he never flips his wrists and lets the clubhead move ahead of his wrists. Add in his immaculate rhythm and tempo, which never change, and I'm never surprised when he hits perfect clutch shots like the crisp six iron that closed out the championship match against Martin Kaymer.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:15 pm

err.. aren't they are all the same.. Smile
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:22 pm

to flip or not to flip... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Duval_S wrote:

Quote :
Donald is probably the best iron player on the PGA Tour. The key to his iron play is how he compresses the ball so well at impact. His left wrist is always ahead of the clubhead, and he never flips his wrists and lets the clubhead move ahead of his wrists. Add in his immaculate rhythm and tempo, which never change, and I'm never surprised when he hits perfect clutch shots like the crisp six iron that closed out the championship match against Martin Kaymer.

somehow I dont understand. how can the left wrist be always ahead of the clubhead but then the next line say the clubhead move ahead of this wrist. Isnt it contradictary?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Quote :
His left wrist is always ahead of the clubhead, and he never flips his wrists and lets the clubhead move ahead of his wrists.

think u misunderstood, the article reads as the conjunction of Never is used for both "flip his wrist" and "lets the cubhead move ahead of his wrist"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Quote :
eiji wrote:
Quote :
His left wrist is always ahead of the clubhead, and he never flips his wrists and lets the clubhead move ahead of his wrists.

think u misunderstood, the article reads as the conjunction of Never is used for both "flip his wrist" and "lets the cubhead move ahead of his wrist"

Brilliant .....Bro Eiji !!!!!

now....I will do my web searching to find out how to hit 7 iron....
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:28 pm

So des neh
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Ok ok so now you passed theory test, when's our practical test? PS vs DS showdown after we play DSS.

In line with your current theme of bag set up and creativity: how about we play special rules i.e. we can only bring/play 5 clubs thruout the round. Just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Quote :
pushslice wrote:
Ok ok so now you passed theory test, when's our practical test? PS vs DS showdown after we play DSS.

In line with your current theme of bag set up and creativity: how about we play special rules i.e. we can only bring/play 5 clubs thruout the round. Just for fun.

we should do one before DSS showdown.

What crap about special rules !!!! I am already doing that la

The clubs I know how to use remains.....PW, 9 iron, putter and hybrid...total 4 clubs....the rest of them I use them as range session on the actual golf course.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 pm

difficult...can play only on 13th (am) and you go church. maybe 19th pm at OCC. wait and see.

btw, i dont think you flip your right wrist before impact. You would hook or pull it when the timing is not rite, but i never see you miss left. You might cup/flip your left wrist more than you flip your right
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:07 pm

I think flipping after impact is okay just as long it's a downwards compression through.

Dustin Johnson vs Zach Johnson. Quick hands turning over vs held club face due to strong grip.

bounce
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:17 pm

On our more "local" universe, I've seen Poresia fire/flip his right wrist. He'd miss left if timing is not rite, but he can get good speed and nice draws. Zhenxua does that too.

I dont flip my wrist. Jhan18 coached me not to do so. So I just held on to it and release my body/shoulders. That's why I can only reach 150m max with a 6i. No speed, but pretty straight. My problem are duffs and shanks, something wrong with my ball position.

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:30 pm

I just know flipping of the wrist is very dangerous.... same teachings as PS. Just rotate thru. If got body rotation, should be able to get a close clubface when the club is 3 oclock position.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:32 pm

any comment on how to hit 7 iron?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Choke down 1 inches on your 6 iron. Open face by 4 degrees. Body stance face left by 4 degrees.

Voila: 7 iron!
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:29 pm

This is asahi。simple solution,dun use lor。
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:31 pm

pushslice wrote:
Choke down 1 inches on your 6 iron. Open face by 4 degrees. Body stance face left by 4 degrees.

Wah lan ehh... I think I got to borrow my daughter's compass before I hit my 7 iron liao.kekekke
lol! . No wonder I have to remain a SB as I only "SEE BALL HIT BALL" type of stroke. ...sigh White Flag

titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Quote :
]quote="Tituman"]
pushslice wrote:

Wah lan ehh... I think I got to borrow my daughter's compass before I hit my 7 iron liao.kekekke
lol! . No wonder I have to remain a SB as I only "SEE BALL HIT BALL" type of stroke. ...sigh White Flag

titu
[/quote]

Bro , I am very dishearten by your lack of aspiration......we must improve mah...else the youngster will come and shit all over us....(as it its not happening liao..hahahaha)

I am hoping to be 'well-done' Beginner by end of the year.....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Wah lau eh titu, dun take literally leh, kok answer for kok question Laughing
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:36 pm

D, "well-done" meaning "chow tar"? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory   hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hitting 6 iron.....now I know the theory
Page 1 of 1